Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone Getting 5MP Camera from LG Innotek

is anyone else seeing a timeline discrepancy? if LG is starting production in the 2nd half of 2010, yet rumor has it that the new iphone is to be release some time in june? so if june starts the 2nd half of 2010, how fast can they "mass produce" these AND get them in the iphone? now i'm no expert on manufacturing but shouldn't a product that's near release (within 2 months) already be in production or near the production phase to start stocking up for launch?? i mean this is the new IPHONE that everyone is supposed to run out and get! am i the only one seeing something wrong w/ the timeline considering all of the stories/rumors/speculaion put together?

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post
    Only 5mp?? Most smartphones have 8mp and they are only gonna throw 5 on the new iPhone?
    Once again people put all of their stock into megapixels. More megapixels doesn't always equate to better looking pictures. The current 3GS pictures look much better than most of my friends phones that have 5 and 8 megapixels. Being able to take great pictures is a combination of of the lens, autofocus abilities and megapixels. The 3GS pictures don't look good in low light b/c the lack of a flash, but in good light, the pictures are great. The new iPhone, with it's 5 megapixel camera, autofocus, and flash should take great pictures! I can't wait!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    now the latest multitouch Nokia incorporates a 12mp camera with Carls Zeis lens/large cmos sensor and xenon flash. I bet it takes pictures/720p video as good as stand alone ones.
    I loved my N82... best flash, and best pictures i've ever taken. PERIOD!

what Nokia has a 12mp camera?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^The new N8, I think.

I thought it'd have at least an 8MP camera

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMonkey View Post
    *sigh* Its not about the MegaPixels people.

5MP is more than enough. "MP"s are a sales term which the masses grab onto as if its the defining factor of a camera.
    Its really quite annoying.

Im not saying it has -nothing- to do with megapixels - but its not the defining comparison factor.
    Ive seen 3MP camera's with better quality than 5MP cameras.

Other factors to consider:
    - CCD chip
    - Lens
    What you said is true in some way but you are talking about viewing/printing the pictures in normal/small size.

I don't care how good the quality your 5MP camera can be. Try viewing the picture on a big size monitor/TV and it will look like crap. That's why more pixels are always preferred.

We Apple fans have all been brain washed by Apple's marketing by bringing 3 years old technology. The worst part is we still get excited about it when they upgrade only a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyd View Post
    Once again people put all of their stock into megapixels. More megapixels doesn't always equate to better looking pictures. The current 3GS pictures look much better than most of my friends phones that have 5 and 8 megapixels. Being able to take great pictures is a combination of of the lens, autofocus abilities and megapixels. The 3GS pictures don't look good in low light b/c the lack of a flash, but in good light, the pictures are great. The new iPhone, with it's 5 megapixel camera, autofocus, and flash should take great pictures! I can't wait!
    Actually to add to your post camera flash ruins lots of photos. Nothing can compare to natural light or a controlled light environment. Sure if you take pictures in the dark a flash will expose more of your subject but with this being a cell phone camera I can't help but think it will oversaturate the image and wash out colors.

Also lens size is a big deal. The bigger the lens, the more light it can take in, the sharper and crisper your photos will look. The size of cell phones these days makes the camera lens very small which is a negative for crisp photos with proper color balance.

I have never used the camera on my iPhone for anything but throw away quick photos (much like the way I used my old Polaroid camera). For anything that I want to preserve long-term I have to have my DSLR or at the very least my compact digital. I will never trust a cell phone camera for memorable still images.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy_lkta View Post
    nice, but I still think that the model looks bad compare to the previous one =(
    I think it looks OK, besides it's extra thinkness may mean some sort of a decent battery!

i think you some of you people are forgetting that there are phones out there that a actually much better and someways cheaper than the iphone. i think that just because it is a new apple product everyone thinks that they must have it to show off to people. this is what i believe has been happening all along. people with iphones that have no clue what jailbreaking is seem to only care about the appstore and its apps. i think people mainly get apple devices because it is apple when you can get something much better and sometimes for less.

i mean dont get me wrong i own an ipod touch 2g and it is absolutely awesome but i think that the zune hd beats it in the actual tech side. i also think that there has not really been much of a difference in all the idevices after the first iphone. except the ipad of course.

no bad intentions intended

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

5mp is so last last last year, it's smart.though less quality picture = smaller amounts of data to back up

Quote Originally Posted by clive.weller View Post
    I think it looks OK, besides it's extra thinkness may mean some sort of a decent battery!
    the next iphone is actually thinner...but he does have a bigger battery read up...
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M4tt Dam0n For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-29-2010)

i tell ya if this next one does blow me out of the water, htc incredible or evo here i come.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Even on my hand help digital camera I take pictures with the resolution set to 5MP even though mine goes up to 12. Unless you plan to blow up an image to poster size and print it there is absolutely no reason to go beyond 5MP. If you plan to print an image that big anyways I hope you're never using a phone camera to rely on your image quality to begin with.

Thanks

I hope the bigger lens in the new iPhone make the difference. A higher MP rate doesn't always mean better quality.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post
    Only 5mp?? Most smartphones have 8mp and they are only gonna throw 5 on the new iPhone?
    Its not really the MP that matters, its the quality of the shot. Take a look at a few videos captured with the iPhone 3GS, they're really not all that bad, and it has a lower MP than the new iPhone coming out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Its not really the MP that matters, its the quality of the shot. Take a look at a few videos captured with the iPhone 3GS, they're really not all that bad, and it has a lower MP than the new iPhone coming out.
    The more information and detail is available to an image than the better the quality, therefore more MP is better. I also understand why you don't need a high Mp camera especially for a phone, similar to why most people don't need a Porsche to drive only to work, but don't try and convince me that your ford focus is better because it takes you to work too.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 04-29-2010 at 10:54 AM.

What's the big f'ing deal with the camera megapixels? Are you guys telling me you take professional pictures with your mobile phones? $300 for a bada$$ phone, internet browser, possible 64GB HD and a 5MP Camera. Seriously guys, use a digital camera if you want clear pictures....they're $300 for a slim 10megapixel one.

Ur crazy that so called "Prototype" is worse than tha 3G n 3Gs. Like I've told pple it just looks like those old school calculators tryin to look cool n modern but still looks bad lol. Tha 3G's have a very nice sleek n curvy look (sexy)n if u were to kinda compare tha 2 (iPhone 3Gs n iPhone 4Hd)one would think there goin too old school on it.
    I kno @GellBrake'rrrr mentioned we shouldn't be so quick in judging tha "Prototype" but i honestly dont like it n really hope it doesn't come out lookin anythin like it.
    As for tha tweaks: 5.0 mp camera sounds sweet especially if LG is gonna be tha distributor cuz i think there quality on products are amazing.I just hope it has options for when takin a pic or rec cuz most if not all tha new Androids have built in options. I also hope they Up tha resolution image of tha screen cuz it needs to be more lively.
    In general i just hope Apple doesn't disappoint to many of us wit this new iPhone release.

was hoping they would one up all the competition and go 10mp with the new iphone but oh well guess they will always lag behind when it comes to picture taking

Used many phones but iPhone pwns all

You guys are wasting your breath trying to educate people about mega pixels.

People will always think bigger is better. Like Pseidon79, I have a 12 MP DSLR camera but I keep it set to 5 MP because that’s a sweet spot. Why the hell would you want bigger than 5 MP in a phone anyways? Bragging rights? Stupid.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast