Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Continued Delay iPhone Tethering On AT&T Because Of Network Performance

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Default Continued Delay iPhone Tethering On AT&T Because Of Network Performance
    I know everyone would love AT&T to allow us to tether our iPhones but looks like we are going to have to wait longer! AT&T's own Ralph de la Vega mentioned as early as November 2008 that you would be able to tether your iphone to your computer and use it as a modem. We should have been able to tether by now right? I hate to disappoint you........ it's still a no goer guys! Why? Keep reading!

AT&T's response is....

"We understand that there is great interest in tethering but cannot provide any details at this time. We know that iPhone users love their devices and mobile broadband, and that they're likely to embrace tethering just as they have other features and apps – by using it a lot. Tethering has the potential to exponentially increase traffic, and we need to ensure that we're able to deliver excellent performance for the feature....

Come one AT&T we want tether!

iPhone tethering on AT&T still waiting on better network performance -- Engadget

Graphic: iphonebuzz
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-29-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added larger graphic

"Always remember your special and unique!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (04-29-2010), Muddcatt (04-29-2010)

Mywi is the best tethering on cydia. When I'm using iPad out of wifi I thether it to my iPhone and it's actually pretty fast. Screw AT&T
    3.0 3g *******

I'm completely fine with this. Once AT&T officially sanctions tethering it will be way too expensive and they'll monitor all the tethering that people do that's unsanctioned. I'm good with flying under the radar and not having to pay more than the already expensive Internet package I already pay for

^ +1. Couldn't agree with you more. I am so happy they haven't officially enabled it yet.. I hope it stays like this for at least another year!

Thanks
    I also agree. Knowing ATT, once Tethering is enabled, they're going to want to throw in some stupid package price for this and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Mywi is the best tethering on cydia. When I'm using iPad out of wifi I thether it to my iPhone and it's actually pretty fast. Screw AT&T
    I always had the question. If you have the iPad (wifi), can you tether it with your iPhone to surf the web?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's just be as blunt as possible... JAILBREAK!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh, that's what it's all about baby! I love being able to do what I want with my iPhone without having to worry about apple's "parental control" over what we can, or can't do with "OUR" phone!!! JAILBREAK.... FTW!!!

Default @ GellBrake'rrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    Let's just be as blunt as possible... JAILBREAK!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh, that's what it's all about baby! I love being able to do what I want with my iPhone without having to worry about apple's "parental control" over what we can, or can't do with "OUR" phone!!! JAILBREAK.... FTW!!!
    Ahhh man, I couldn't agree with you more! I loved my iphone out of the box but ever since I jail-broke it, I loved it like 100x more! The MyWi app is a very good app (as mikef mentioned) and worth the $9.99 considering what AT&T will make you pay and you have to get a stupid netbook to do it with!
    Though we all look different on the outside, we all bleed the same on the inside

pshhh I've been tethering for a while now, and I have ATT. Thank you jailbreak!

Yay miwi lol@Att for sucking

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post

I always had the question. If you have the iPad (wifi), can you tether it with your iPhone to surf the web?
    I use "MyWi" on my iPhone to tether my pad and it works great. MyWi acts as a wifi hotspot so I've also used it for my MacBook.
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

i didn't even know there was no internet tethering in the US, i thought they would get it before Canada, not the other way around
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

i also agree. Knowing att, once tethering is enabled, they're going to want to throw in some stupid package price for this and what not.

I always had the question. If you have the ipad (wifi), can you tether it with your iphone to surf the web?
    that is a big yes,yes, i do it all day using mwi and it's fast,the only thing i use my iphone for now is tethering and phone call i use my ipad all day :d

I personally use the 2-bit commcenter hack, along with the sbsettings hack with my macbook. works awesome! I like that method, because it charges my phone, and it is free

Although, if I had another wifi device like the i-maxi-pad, then I would buy the MyWi app I only tether when I am away from my home or office, so I don't do it often.

I don't need to tether at Starbucks, because I just go on the wifi on my iphone, then turn off the wifi on it, and launch a script on my macbook that changes it's mac address to my iphones mac address, and then I get free wifi there I also have a script thaat changes it back, or just reboot, and it resets. --Don't even ask me how to do that... Google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    i didn't even know there was no internet tethering in the US, i thought they would get it before Canada, not the other way around
    +1. How ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    --Don't even ask me how to do that... Google is your friend
    Oh please sir, please share your awesome wisdom with the poor idiotic soles of mmi..... oh please sir, we can't live without you telling us!

Wow..... arrogant much?

I already tether so I don't really care if they make it official or not. I know some don't j/b and would like to tether but.... no tether for you! Of course you could always jailbreak

I have a buddy that has the Palm Pre Plus and man that mobile hotspot is awesome and it is a free service they don't charge extra. I dont tether much but man I love to be able to hook up multiple devices through my cell phone. I am waiting to see what the new iphone does but if it doesn't do mobile hotspot I think im changing.

I also agree. Knowing ATT, once Tethering is enabled, they're going to want to throw in some stupid package price for this and what not.

Yes you can

Thanks

just give me better service with AT&T and I'll be happy

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If we can tether then tomorrows release of the iPad 3G seems pointless right? We take our iPhone anywhere we go anyway so this is not good for the $30 a month AT&T was hoping for from the iPad 3G .

Mywi is awsome , all I need is a carry case for my iPad , battery juicepak ,and auto charger for iPhone and I'm all set for my road trip

Thanks

Doesn't matter MYWI works for me and I'm not paying anyting additional for my iPad. Agree, if AT&T never comes out with it, that's a good thing. Just keep the jailbreak coming!!!
    "Lifes a banquet and most sons of b#%#es are starving to death!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast