+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Continued Delay iPhone Tethering On AT&T Because Of Network Performance

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
more reason to jailbreak
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

more reason to jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

PDAnet works great with my iphone and macbook pro! I have internet anywhere I go! Plus the wifi option on PDAnet is nice cuz you can have your phone across the room plugged in and still get 5 bars on your ad-hoc network that you create! Thanks to the Jailbreak community!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been using blue tooth tethering on my MBP for about 6 months and MyWi on my iPad since release. I have had on average 4GB of data usage per month for the past 10 months or so, stick'n it to the Man, man. Do you guys really think that AT&T will impose penalties on those of us that tether once they "Officially" support tethering?
    Everyday is a New Day...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    I don't need to tether at Starbucks, because I just go on the wifi on my iphone, then turn off the wifi on it, and launch a script on my macbook that changes it's mac address to my iphones mac address, and then I get free wifi there I also have a script thaat changes it back, or just reboot, and it resets. --Don't even ask me how to do that... Google is your friend
    Hey genius, use the developer menu option in Safari to do the same thing without your iPhone.

And don't ask ME how to do that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Umm...I don't think they really care.
    12 gigs of usage on my last bill. Have been using a jailbreak tether for almost 9 months with at least 10 gigs of data per month. Not even a wink from AT&T.

Thanks

im fine w/ MYWI. no questions asked
    killall Terminal[]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not if your EDGE iPhone died and you had to buy a new 3GS with 3.1.3 on it. :-(

Anxiously awaiting a jailbreak so I can use PdaNet again (or try out this MyWi)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quick question - can I tether an IPad with PDANet? I have not been able to figure that out yet (in the market for an IPad).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank you MyWi

Thanks

AT&T is suck. The delay have been on for a year

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wonder if in their data crunching ATT takes into account all of the jailbreker's data being used. I know I am able to tether and I easily use double the bandwidth I would without tethering. My assumption is that the majority of people using tons of data are already using it because they are doing things they "shouldn't" be doing with their jailbroken device. In other words, I bet the traffic would increae, but probably not by the leaps and bounds ATT is expecting. That and I think they want something like $30 a month for it? I see the vast majority of people passing on that option.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

U can also register your starbucks card and get free wifi from ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    I personally use the 2-bit commcenter hack, along with the sbsettings hack with my macbook. works awesome! I like that method, because it charges my phone, and it is free

Although, if I had another wifi device like the i-maxi-pad, then I would buy the MyWi app I only tether when I am away from my home or office, so I don't do it often.

I don't need to tether at Starbucks, because I just go on the wifi on my iphone, then turn off the wifi on it, and launch a script on my macbook that changes it's mac address to my iphones mac address, and then I get free wifi there I also have a script thaat changes it back, or just reboot, and it resets. --Don't even ask me how to do that... Google is your friend

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12