Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone to Drop Sooner Than Planned?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New iPhone to Drop Sooner Than Planned?

Apple may release its new iPhone ahead of schedule because of the publicity surrounding the revealed iPhone prototype in Gizmodo, according to a prominent Apple analyst. According to a report in Cult of Mac. Gene Munster of investment firm Piper Jaffray told his clients in an email today that the leak was going to take a bite out of Apple's profits, as users decide to hold off on iPhone purchases and wait for the new model.

"Its safe to say, more people are now waiting for the new one, which is a negative for June iPhone sales, Munster's email read. Historically, every year after the time that a new iPhone is announced, sales of existing iPhones plummet. Because the official announcement usually comes very close to the release date (and because only people who read tech blogs and industry publications are paying attention to the months of speculation that happens every year), the dip in sales is usually more than made up for by skyrocketing demand for the new model. This year, the next-generation iPhone already a sure thing, but with months to go before the release, the loss of profits could be more severe. As a result, Gene Munster "believe[s] they may come out with a new model sooner versus later, he wrote.

Our friends across the pond at iPhonesreview.co.uk are already wondering if Apple will make Gawker pay the price for their lost sales... ouch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

vnadjaryan (04-28-2010)

Now that would make me very happy!
    It's only impossible if you quit.

so, we're assuming this because a rumor was started when someone read a rumor?

i'd buy it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

DeltaFX (04-27-2010)

Early release = early jailbreak. Now that would be awesome.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

tma (04-28-2010)

hahahaha
    @lolcats1
    good point!
    sounds believable to me!
    i still believe in santa claus :]

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I will bet my MBP that Apple will not release it earlier than planned. If it only has 256MB of RAM and 1Ghz processor, I won't be considering upgrading to it unless it has an 8MP or more camera.

(won't really give my MBP up )

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

when the offical specs drop then I'll get excited!

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    I will bet my MBP that Apple will not release it earlier than planned. If it only has 256MB of RAM and 1Ghz processor, I won't be considering upgrading to it unless it has an 8MP or more camera.

(won't really give my MBP up )
    i'm guessting 2 gigs of ram (hopefully), as well as better speakers, foward camera, stuff like that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i'm guessting 2 gigs of ram (hopefully), as well as better speakers, foward camera, stuff like that.
    2GB RAM?!? WHAT ?? my PC only has 1.26GB of RAM and the iPhone's gonna have 2GB? NO WAY, I SAY! (Yes that was supposed to rhyme)...

i heard the WWDC was gonna happen earlier than expected, May 18, but i bet it was just a false rumor or something
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

How early?

Quote Originally Posted by jdyates View Post
    2GB RAM?!? WHAT ?? my PC only has 1.26GB of RAM and the iPhone's gonna have 2GB? NO WAY, I SAY! (Yes that was supposed to rhyme)...
    Thats one bad PC
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

But what about the current 3Gs' in stock? How will they find a home?!

Nothing is more discerning than an existence with no purpose... poor poor 3Gs'.
    #eli7e revived me

Quote Originally Posted by jdyates View Post
    2gb ram?!? What ?? My pc only has 1.26gb of ram and the iphone's gonna have 2gb? No way, i say! (yes that was supposed to rhyme)...
    1.26 you need more ram buddy lol i have 4gb so if iphone has 1gb im on board
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Get rid of the micro-sim and I charge it to my highest interest (27.99%) credit card! 

lol....I'll tell you what this reminds me of the excitement i had before I bought my first iPhone at launch. Really though, wouldn't apple prefer people buy their newest model phone when they join the apple fam? I feel terrible for those people that just upgrade to a newere model to then have a new one come out 60 days later. Now the consumers win and instead of making a 500% profit they'll only get 400%...lol.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    Lol 2 gig of ram? As if Apple will give you that much, i doubt they'll give you 512MB. I don't think they'll be making a louder speaker or putting an extra speaker.

Better, Bassier and Louder Speakers (maybe 2?)
    8MP Camera with Flash
    512 Ram
    1Ghz CPU

I'd get it if it has the last 3 of them but I would prefer a better speaker or 2 speakers, take a note Apple, your speaker on the iPhone 3GS sounds like a piece of crap compared to my 3 year old Nokia N95 8GB. How do they not realize it needs a louder speaker?????

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

If it gets released sooner, there will be a lot of complaining. Everyone that got the 3GS and qualifies for an upgrade every year, will have to wait, or pay full price.
    I got my 3GS delivered on release day, but it shows I can't upgrade until July 15th for some reason. Guess I better be calling AT&T now and get that fixed.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

It would be nice if it came out early, but it doesn't really matter if it is on AT&T. I left AT&T when the Droid came out because I couldn't take the bad network anymore.

If it is available on Verizon I will compare it to the HTC Incredible which launches tomorrow and buy whichever one I like better. Android has it advantages and I have grown to like it. I would have never left the iPhone to begin with if it was on a better carrier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    If it gets released sooner, there will be a lot of complaining. Everyone that got the 3GS and qualifies for an upgrade every year, will have to wait, or pay full price.
    I got my 3GS delivered on release day, but it shows I can't upgrade until July 15th for some reason. Guess I better be calling AT&T now and get that fixed.
    Just complain that you can't believe they're not waiving the extra month for a long paying customer. Show them intention of switching to Verizon just out of pure principle and they will bulge on that. I went thru it with my 3Gs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast