+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nearly One-Third Of All First Generation iPhones Remain in Use

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm currently trying to get my old one working for my dad (jailbroken and unlocked for a long time), but it was on the 2.2 firmware. I did the reset/wipe
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm currently trying to get my old one working for my dad (jailbroken and unlocked for a long time), but it was on the 2.2 firmware. I did the reset/wipe the phone completely on it and now it isn't recognized in iTunes on any computer I've tried. It was working and making calls before that, and was charging though really slowly. Now it won't charge and after putting in DFU won't boot/restart/show the iTunes connection anymore. So if I can get it to work somehow there will be one more running around in the wild!
    Last edited by KartRacer; 04-27-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Still rollin' with my Original Iphone.

Haven't had a single problem with it since I first got it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of these are on T-Mobile. These customers have no reason to upgrade since they will only get Edge anyways.
    ding ding ding!

when ur on tmobile, and have a 2g, with mms enabled, and edge. what else do u need?

i pay 51 a month for unlimited everything. the iphone can't get any better than that on tmobile. theres no 3g, nothin.

the 2g remains a perfect platform! why upgrade and deal with hassles of future unlocks. apple gave up on our basebands back at 1.1.2!
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smirkis For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well i'm still on my Trusty ol' 2G and gotta say it works fine for US T-Mobile users... You're right there's no need to upgrade.

Thanks

iPod touch 1g with 2% also, i m the only person i know who still has one
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2G owner and proud of it.
    Planning on using it until it dies, after which I hope the android phones have gotten good enough to switch. I am not a fan of Stevie telling me that I am stupid enough to get "confused" by multitasking or folder management, and presenting every crappy software update as "revolutionary". Helloooo I had multitasking on my smartphone 5 years ago!...as well as a camera, BT OBEX, file manager, Disk mode etc, etc, etc...

Besides 3G and 3GS are much uglier than the 2G's aluminum cover. And I don't need to fear every x.x.y update.
    The 3GS is faster but is it worth the price? In my country we don't even get lower prices for upgrading so why bother?...

Go Android!

adp
    Thanks

I'm on T-mobile, but the only reason why I chose the 3G over the 2G was the GPS. Navigon FTW
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've had my 2G since 2008 and I've had no reason to upgrade. I've kept it in a case and put a screen protector on it since the day I got it so it's practically like new, and I still think it's the best looking of all iPhones released thus far. I'm in the UK and I'm a student so I have it unlocked and use it Pay as you go on the T-Mobile network. If the iPhone 4G is amazing then I might upgrade but I'm in no hurry, especially considering the non-existant 3G coverage where I live.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I as well am still rocking the 2g for most of the reasons listed above. I'm on T-Mobile and get unlimited Edge internet for $5.99 a month. The only benefit of the 3g was GPS and Maps does a good job of that with a solid cell signal. I might jump on the 3GS once all the 4G upgraders sell theirs for dirt cheap. Other then that, I'll wait until I can pay the ridiculous price that AT&T charges.

jl1
    Thanks

Im still rockin the 2G! I dont really care about upgrading now. Maby in the future when apple releases a phone i can't live without, Till then I'm Good!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    i miss my 1st gen iphone actually. regret getting rid of it
    dont have the funds to waste on replacing it though,

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

I have my 2g, but it is in DIRE need of a housing change. The screen though, is flawless. I have the chance right now to trade my friend for his 3g, I don't know if I should.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was one of the 2% but I just sold my iPhone on ebay before everyone else starts selling there's. I wanted to get as much money for it as I can to save up for the next iPhone. COD Zombies on my first gen was painful. Oh Well, I hope they release it sooner like the other articl. This Motorola Rizr is painful LOL
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until they start talking.

What's Jailbreak? BlaqkRoxstar360's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of these are on T-Mobile. These customers have no reason to upgrade since they will only get Edge anyways.
    This is exactly my reason for not upgrading

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im one of that 2% and im happy

Thanks
    I got my 2G on 24th may 2008.Paid $650 for it. Has always been my primary phone. using 3.1.3 on it.. dont plan to upgrade anytime soon.
    iPhone 1st Gen - 8GB - Edge - 2G, Jailbroken - 3.1.3 whited00r.
    iPhone 3G - 16GB, 4.2.1
    iPhone 4 - 32GB, 4.0.2
    iPod Video 5.5G - 80GB - 1.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah i still have mine got it right when it came out i still remember people being so impress by it damm those were the days

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

my bro was using his 2g iphone till he switched back to sprint and got the HTC Hero till the Evo comes out

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by britcan View Post
    Im still using 2g. Why upgrade to 3g
    I thought so the same way, thats why i upgraded from 2g to 3gs, i might skip 4g and wait for 4g HD? or 5g.. psh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lol I remember the days of the 2g where I live people thought it was a legend since the carrier didn't sell it it cost a bloated amont of $$$ thus only realy rich people buying it.. The others either envied it or pointed out flaws like lack of video camera and mms ... Then when 3g was released it became very cheap leading to many people buying it I still knw atleast 10 people who still use the 2g and have never gone online imagine how many people that'd add to the number of 2g users or any iPhone or iptouch users who are happy with what their device can do offline