+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android on the iPhone 3G - Progress Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
agree with you !!
    Thanks

agree with you !!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

and news on working on the 2g port?? i dont really see why he is porting an alpha level os to another phone before getting all the functionality to work. ex: the sd card error, unable to connect to the iphone memory for contacts, messages and music, no camera. it just seems pointless to port it to the 3g and 3gs when its still useless...
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

Thanks

Well I always thought it was strange why a person would put Windows XP or any Microsoft OS and that chime on a MacBook etc its just cool to do! Bring it on Android/iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone know how close they are to 3gs?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxtkevinxxte View Post
    reason we boot android on a beautiful apple device is because we are limited by default on the capabilities of the iPhone. by jailbreaking we seek to unlock full potential of the iPhone, and we're just exploring each branch one by one, and droid on the iPhone is one branch.
    Well said.

This is no skin of your back, it doesn't cost you anything or take up any of your time, if someone else wants to spend their time doing something like this it's their prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by c.e.p View Post
    why do so many people have iphones? For the software or the hardware?

Personally its software. Although it is very limited, a jailbreak makes the iphone incomparable to anything else out there. So im confused why people want android on their phone. Pretty cool though.
    Exactly right and you don't even know it. Android IS part of the software that makes the iPhone platform so cool. I can do what Apple wants me to do through the App store, and I can do what they don't want me to do through Cydia/Rock etc.

This is one of the many pieces of software that are available that make the iPhone so cool.
    Last edited by PM5K; 04-26-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    who is interesting in installing Windows on my MAC....? at least I am not...!!! So stop installing Android too

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hats off to planetbeing for doing a knock out job on the android os so far. I personally can't wait to see it up and running. But with that said I really be pumped if he was doing this with WebOS instead. But that's just my thoughts.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockMeOn View Post
    who is interesting in installing Windows on my MAC....? at least I am not...!!! So stop installing Android too
    Whoever wrote Bootcamp was obviously interested.

Thanks

Hurrah! The light at the end of the tunnel is much closer...really, the major kick up Apple's *** would be for this to work on the 'yet to be released 4G'...

This has already paved the way (as have a few other stuff) for what can and can't be done on the iphone, bringing it to closer to true jailbroken freedom!

Thanks
    ... these guys doing that impressive stuff are really cool,
    but honestly who wants Android at his iPhone ?
    i bought my iPhone cause its having a cool Hardware and a perfect Usability.

Thanks
    lol so i download everything to make it work but the readme is just like whoa.haha i read but i dont even know what to do lol.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

For those wondering why we would want Android OS on the iPhone, let me ask you this question:

why does a dog lick his balls?...

... because he can ^_^
    #eli7e revived me

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

battlecrushr (04-27-2010), confucious (04-27-2010), David-S (04-27-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    YES!!! cant frikin wait

Thanks

This is awesome. The people who do this kind of thing (porting, jailbreaks etc) are pure genius!

I can't to go up to my mate who works at the Apple store (and worships Jobs) and say "mate, check out this new app, its about robots and ****..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ModJoe View Post
    ... these guys doing that impressive stuff are really cool,
    but honestly who wants Android at his iPhone ?
    i bought my iPhone cause its having a cool Hardware and a perfect Usability.
    so then if so, why are you here in a jailbreak community where its all about mods and changing everything of that perfect software and hardware to something even greater?
    is your phone jailbroken? why did u do that and not leave it plain?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Because your opinion is the same as everyone's? .. Actually I know a lot of people who install windows on mac because they have to for some reason or another.

I dual boot windows on my mac because as a long time musician there are some software packages I've gotten used to and I'm just more efficient at in the windows environment. I'm moving away from it slowly, but still .. we all have our reasons.. Why do I want to install Android on my iPhone? because I can...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    For those wondering why we would want Android OS on the iPhone, let me ask you this question:

why does a dog lick his balls?...

... because he can ^_^
    EXCELLENT analogy my friend! I'm personally dying for this to come out of alpha into beta before I try putting it on my 3G.

I love my iPhone, but I highly dislike Apple. Tell me, how many times has Microsoft busted down a blogger's door when he wasn't home because he had leaked some info on the next Windows OS?

When I first got my iPhone, I was an Apple fanboy. Now, ever since they've been making the leash shorter and shorter, its been suffocating.

To be honest, I'm waiting 'til AT&T releases a subsidized version of either the Google Nexus One or the HTC Desire (not everyone can afford the unsubsidized version). The hardware specs stomps on Apple's iPhones, and Google's "Developer Freedom" sounds very appealing to both developers and tech savvy consumers like myself.

So in the meantime, I plan on porting to Android as soon as possible, atleast until I can have the N1/Desire.

As for anyone that has a problem with this - this is merely my opinion. To each his own. LoL remember the war between Berry users and iUsers!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeceKeeper View Post
    EXCELLENT analogy my friend! I'm personally dying for this to come out of alpha into beta before I try putting it on my 3G.

I love my iPhone, but I highly dislike Apple. Tell me, how many times has Microsoft busted down a blogger's door when he wasn't home because he had leaked some info on the next Windows OS?

When I first got my iPhone, I was an Apple fanboy. Now, ever since they've been making the leash shorter and shorter, its been suffocating.

To be honest, I'm waiting 'til AT&T releases a subsidized version of either the Google Nexus One or the HTC Desire (not everyone can afford the unsubsidized version). The hardware specs stomps on Apple's iPhones, and Google's "Developer Freedom" sounds very appealing to both developers and tech savvy consumers like myself.

So in the meantime, I plan on porting to Android as soon as possible, atleast until I can have the N1/Desire.

As for anyone that has a problem with this - this is merely my opinion. To each his own. LoL remember the war between Berry users and iUsers!?!
    I completely agree with your sentiments. I still love my iPhone, but I've grown less and less fond of Apple (and my carrier AT&T). The more I learn about them, the less I want to support them as a company. As far as the iPhone OS having superior software, everything superior about the software on my phone has come directly from the jailbreak community, whether it be current jailbroken apps or jailbroken features Appple has incorporated into its operating system.

If we could take some of the amazing minds we have in the jailbreak community and apply them to developing on an open platform like Android, the iPhone to Android comparison would be like dial-up to broadband.

Take the JB out of the iPhone what do you have? A limited, boring device that will never realize it's potential.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itmustbejj View Post
    I completely agree with your sentiments. I still love my iPhone, but I've grown less and less fond of Apple (and my carrier AT&T). The more I learn about them, the less I want to support them as a company. As far as the iPhone OS having superior software, everything superior about the software on my phone has come directly from the jailbreak community, whether it be current jailbroken apps or jailbroken features Appple has incorporated into its operating system.

If we could take some of the amazing minds we have in the jailbreak community and apply them to developing on an open platform like Android, the iPhone to Android comparison would be like dial-up to broadband.

Take the JB out of the iPhone what do you have? A limited, boring device that will never realize it's potential.
    Very true mate, I agree completely. I still think the iphone does what it does brilliantly, but I don't think I could live with a stock 3G on 3.x. If I removed my jailbreak now, I'd miss SBSettings, backgrounder, winterboard, music controls etc - I'd have to jailbreak again!

OTOH, even though android is much more open and less restricted, I can't help but feel it is just a fancy phone. OK, I now the iPhone (duh) is a fancy phone, but it feels more like an all in one device with a phone as one of the many features. I just don't like the look of android, but I will without a doubt be dual booting it onto my 3G when this comes out so I can have a proper play around with it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almyz125 View Post
    All i have to say to you sir is where are your home screen widgets in you much more detailed iphone os? Where is the customization(... home screen background)? And of course when i say this i am not counting a jail broken phone. I would not say iphone os is more detailed, of course the perception of ugly or beauty is subject to opinion and matters little, but i would have to say android is much more detailed and just an all around more functional and more detailed os.
    AGREEEEEEED!!!

I'll give it to you- iPhone device beauty= Yes; A+++++

OS Software= Android eats it alive in just about every category!!! - customization, speed, looks, etc, etc...