+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Police Raid Gizmodo Editor Jason Chenís Home

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A few things, He gave the phone back right? I feel like this is a lot to do with nothing. They got a whole lot of exciting press out of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

A few things,

He gave the phone back right? I feel like this is a lot to do with nothing. They got a whole lot of exciting press out of it, the iPhone is still thee most anticipated smart device & they got it back.

There are WAAAAAYYYY more serious things going on in CA than a stupid phone. Raid the damn dopedealers house that just moved in near a friend of mine. Place was nice til those clowns moved in a year ago.

Apple has been doing a whole lot of strange **** lately. I hope for their sake the 4g and iPad are all that they're cracked up to be. Because most of us tech junkies will switch on the drop of a dime, so if you think that you'll be on top forever, you're very wrong

All that being said, Gizmodo should've known better, the reaction seems a little harsh, but the law is what it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    what the fudge i cant believe there doing all this there acting like he has a vault full of other apple missing devices. i would sue the hell out of them and steve jobs after all of this. they got their phone back prior to him sicking the cops on Jason thats foul. I can see if he refused to give them back there stuff but hell he contacted them asking them if it was theres and if they wanted it back. Apple is being douchebags as usual
    I know this is the Internet, but man, learn how to use there, their and they're.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Is this the douche that showed the iPhone 4G?
    I don't like him, ruined the surprise for everyone and the fact that he didn't tell the hardware specs
    he's a douchebag because he spent $5000.00 to go and show us the iphone 4g? What kind of surprise are you looking for? It's not a surprise birthday party..it's a phone. And it's not like he shoved the iphone into your face, if you didn't want to see it you didn't have to click the link to the news. You voluntarily decided to see the pics.

Also, its not like the hardware specs are engraved on the back of the iphone, how the heck was he suppose to know it?? He couldn't even get into the phone itself.

And I agree, apple took it too far...but not far enough for me to boycott iphones

Thanks

Okay maybe i missed something did they say if they actually got the iPhone back

Also is it really a total lost of $5000, dont you get some money once you get a certain amount of hits on youtube?
    Last edited by Carlos; 04-26-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

Thanks

This really goes to show how money can buy anything. The police are obviously for sale. Not to mention that this will put them in the news. Or maybe a district attorney or judge signing the warrant for some good old fashion face time on the local news. What a bunch of losers all fueled by the chance they might get on national news for this.

So much stinks about this. I now refuse to buy Apple first gen products because of how much they purposely leave out to get you to buy another a year later. Now I may never buy another product period. How anyone can condone this is beyond me. This action is meant to send out a message to anyone who does not play by crAPPLE's rules. F*ck Steve Jobs. And buy some new clothes, your I'm just one of the people look doesn't work when you send in the police after someone. You are corporate America at its worse. So put a suit on ahole.

Pissed off Apple product user.

Thanks

Too far Mr. Jobs. I could see a lawsuit for the protection of intellectual property but a full on house raid... for what..to take back the information that is now available to everyone with a computer around the world?!...silliness..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What I want to know is how we got to the point where a big corporation is allowed to supercede the law because they're pissed off? This article makes it sound like there might be some legal precedence for what happened but under California law bloggers seem to be covered under 1524(g) as stipulated by O'Grady v Superior Court. This illegal search and seizure would have never happened if we stop allowing giant companies to control our laws and our well being. It seems once you make enough money in the United States, you can decide what is law. it's not right regardless of what anybody thinks about Jason Chen
    Last edited by kraziebone; 04-26-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Actually you do get money for having hits on YouTube.

I can't believe anyone still think this was a publicity stunt, if it was it's a BAD-PUBLICITY stunt because that's what they are getting.

I can only hope the authorities are trying to track down the guy that sold the phone, he's the one that without a doubt committed a crime.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I hope Chen will sue Apple for losses.

Thanks

And here I was thinking that Microsoft was the big bad evil monopolistic corporation. This is complete and total lunacy, how the **** (pardon my french) does having an iPhone that literally has NO MSRP warrant a ******* raid on someone's home? If I was building a super secret prototype of my own and one my partners got drunk and left it at a bar, I doubt the police would jump at the chance to break down someone's door about it, especially AFTER it was returned. This is really way too far, I'm glad that I've never bought an Apple product besides my 3G and 3GS and definitely do not plan on buying anymore. **** off Apple, you're bunch of hypocritical douche-bags, so much for your 1984 ad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Give me that iPhone. I can let you hide out at my house.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Am I the only one who doesn't see anything wrong with this?

He bought a stolen/lost iPhone for $5,000. Grand Larceny anyone?

Thanks

wut a bunch of BS.. i hope he sues them back for raping his house!.. fukn cork suckrs!

Green Apple
    Thanks

So... Looks like im getting the HTC HD3 in november then.. If the leaked specs are real.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

they described what he did as a felony?
    noway, apple went far this time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Chen/Gizmodo pulled a dirty *** move by revealing that to everyone. It is unethical. Like a little kid who was told a secret they ran and told the world.

You think apple does not have 100930294 of patents and legal **** surrounding their intellectual properties? They are not superseding the law, just exercising rights granted. Sure they could have fired the dude who "lost" the phone. They did not exercise that right though.

Chen revealed apples beautiful secret to the world. That is a huge douche move. F apple??!? NO. F Gizmodo bros. F Chen he deserved it. Play dirty.

Hopefully they delete all information related to the iphone 4g from his equipment. That should at least be done.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 5,852 Posts

shakes head in disbelief, OMG, amazing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Stockholders. IMPEACH STEVE JOBS ONCE AGAIN.

He gets like this every time he gets any power. He was fired the first time for screwing up the company. History is about to repeat itself.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Stockholders. IMPEACH STEVE JOBS ONCE AGAIN.

He gets like this every time he gets any power. He was fired the first time for screwing up the company. History is about to repeat itself.
    So that would mean Apple will go to the point of falling off the earth then buy SJ's next company to save it again with the help of Microsoft's money?

Thanks

he should have put a mask on and revealed it or blurred his face, he kinda ask for it ya know!! why put your face out there he could have still revealed it.
    King Los aka Los Ninyo