Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n - new from geohot

I hope this feeds his ego, the more we feed it the mote he will be hungry for more and continue to do great things o. Which we all benefit from and its FREE. So for all the people talking sh!t, y'all need to stop because the dev team and gehot do this for the love and don't really make any money from it so appreciate what they do.

So will this be tethered or not that is the question???????
    Last edited by qwikone; 10-09-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to qwikone For This Useful Post:

juantwothree80 (10-09-2010)

I've heard that the dev team is now gonna change their exploit to use the same thing as limera1n so that they don't burn two exploits

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I've heard that the dev team is now gonna change their exploit to use the same thing as limera1n so that they don't burn two exploits
    What a load of bs, there is no way they will do that, one obvious reason is they wouldn't have it done in the next couple of days which means limera1n would come out 1st, and if they both used the same xploit no one would use greenpoison as there would be no point waiting when LR does the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    What a load of bs, there is no way they will do that, one obvious reason is they wouldn't have it done in the next couple of days which means limera1n would come out 1st, and if they both used the same xploit no one would use greenpoison as there would be no point waiting when LR does the same thing
    They said it themselves on twitter, so no b.s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    They said it themselves on twitter, so no b.s.
    No this had been said

chronicdevteam Note: greenpois0n will be released as planned. if someone decides to burn a different perfectly good exploit, that is entirely on them.
    about 15 hours ago

Meaning they arent bothered if someone else "burns" another exploit, they're gna release as scheduled..
    Unless I missed summin?

Quote Originally Posted by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz View Post
    No this had been said

chronicdevteam Note: greenpois0n will be released as planned. if someone decides to burn a different perfectly good exploit, that is entirely on them.
    about 15 hours ago

Meaning they arent bothered if someone else "burns" another exploit, they're gna release as scheduled..
    Unless I missed summin?
    StealthBravo said:

.@chronicdevteam to use geohots exploit in greenpois0n =O
    And the p0sixninja said:
    We are not changing our release date. If we can implement @geohots before 10/10 we will use that, otherwise we're using ours. #roadblocks

Without George, the jailbreak wouldn't come this far.

Limera1n is available for download now..
    http://limera1n.com/limera1n.exe

^it's extremely buggy, especially on the 3GS, and the dev team doesn't recommend ot

Thanks

Dear Moderators:
    can we merge "limera1n new from Geohot" and Limera1n available for download?
    both seem to have the same conversations going on.
    unklbyl

Default Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've installed limera1n on my iPhone 4 a few hours ago, I had version 4.0.2 on it. Everything was running perfect, cydia and al the god stuff. Then I upgraded my phone to version 4.1 via iTunes and my phone doesn't work anymore...I have one signal bar, but it can't connect to AT&T anymore. I've tried to restore it with iTunes, but I get an error (1004 I guess). Any ideas?

Found the solution: I've restored my phone with the newest iTunes version
    Last edited by gabete; 10-10-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gabete View Post
    I've installed limera1n on my iPhone 4 a few hours ago, I had version 4.0.2 on it. Everything was running perfect, cydia and al the god stuff. Then I upgraded my phone to version 4.1 via iTunes and my phone doesn't work anymore...I have one signal bar, but it can't connect to AT&T anymore. I've tried to restore it with iTunes, but I get an error (1004 I guess). Any ideas?

Found the solution: I've restored my phone with the newest iTunes version
    Question: why use this on 4.0.2? Glad it worked out in the end, but...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chairboy View Post
    Question: why use this on 4.0.2? Glad it worked out in the end, but...
    What else can jb an iphone4 on 4.0.2? Nothing that's why he's using it on 4.0.2, he really should update to 4.1 tho..

Hey guys i got a question that i tried to get answered on many places and no one ever answer at all, if its impossible i have never been told either...

I have an iphone 3Gs, version 4.0.1 jailbreak with JailbreakMe, and i would like to update to 4.1 with LimeRa1n but last time, when i updated from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1, i lost everything.
    My iphone is highly custom, from the theme to the color of the status bar and the carier name, everything is custom else than the keyboard because i could never get one to work even with tutorials, it just never changed... anyway... Is it possible to update and jailbreak without loosing everything?

Thanks ~blanco
    Last edited by BlancoStarz; 10-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,032 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlancoStarz View Post
    Hey guys i got a question that i tried to get answered on many places and no one ever answer at all, if its impossible i have never been told either...

I have an iphone 3Gs, version 4.0.1 jailbreak with JailbreakMe, and i would like to update to 4.1 with LimeRa1n but last time i did it, i lost everything.
    My iphone is highly custom, from the theme to the color of the status bar and the carier name, everything is custom else than the keyboard because i could never get one to work even with tutorials, it just never changed... anyway... Is it possible to update and jailbreak without loosing everything?

Thanks ~blanco
    Updating will wipe all your themes and jailbreak apps away. There are a few backup programs in cydia that can reload these after you do but I ma not sure which is the best one and there is no guarantee everything you had running on 4.0.1 has been updated to work with 4.1 yet.

Could you recomand one or a few of them i will see as long as it gets back a few things i will manage the rest its just that its depressing to mave my iphone back to retail-like and to do it all. Even if only 50% work its still a lot of work that will be spared

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678