+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4G Prototype Reveals Apple's New Gaming Priorities?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
come on. EA skate. please. please.
    Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

come on. EA skate. please. please.
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    I won't call it a game changer until I'm able to play Goldeneye 007 over a wi-fi network.
    Best statement ever regarding an iPhone.

Thanks

Question. Its almost may, any one has any idea when will apple anounce new iphone release day and when can i order. I dont need it, i want it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

lol, more google hits for "iphone prototype", pretty shady you guys have to keep making stories up for this stuff.

---------------

This has nothing to do with the 4G its self, the gaming center on the new OS is the game changer for mobile gaming.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

Clearly, every Apple news site on the web is making the most out of this prototype discovery. I feel like Apple may have simply staged the whole thing. Look at how careful they were with the iPad. With that in mind, how could they let a random engineer lose their secret prototype at a bar?

On a separate note, I don't think that Apple will be able to monopolize the mobile gaming industry until it adds some sort of buttons to its device (like A and B). Using a touchscreen is fine for some games, but for others it just doesn't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOmen53 View Post
    Does a psp or ds have a 3rd party game controller?
    You're clearly missing something. The PSP and the DS have buttons, the iPhone doesn't, hence the need for a controller of some sort. You're welcome.
    word

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Need buttons for a game, using touch isn't good or fun all the time. Plus why has no one in the come up with an app that portrays your PS3 XMB on your iPhone, so you can control your PS3 through the iPhone's Bluetooth or is the BT still crippled?
    im having fun with no buttons SF4 FTW! lol but i think now that the newest firmware on ps3 is gonna allow remote play from PC, this will be added soon

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket101 View Post
    How is this news?

You're just speculating
    how is ur comment useful to the community? you arent forced to read it...
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-25-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy1429 View Post
    lollercakes.
    roflwaffle!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfool88 View Post
    You're clearly missing something. The PSP and the DS have buttons, the iPhone doesn't, hence the need for a controller of some sort. You're welcome.
    What I'm saying is that iPods doesn't need 3rd party controller support. Most of it's good quality games play great without them so why can't it be required after 4.0 to have full support for touch pad(quick reaction, good angles etc.)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

how is ur comment useful to the community? you arent forced to read it...
    As useless as his comment may be to you, it's still true. I've noticed almost every article I ever read on mmi anymore is speculation from a fanboy. I've actually stopped reading articles and just pay attention to headlines. It's been like this, as far as I'm concerned, ever since the 3gs was nearing it's launch.

As far as the 4g iPhone being a game-changer... I don't see it competing with the PSP and DS, or at least not to a significant degree. One reason is the phones battery. Games kill it, and then you can't use the phone. Perhaps i'd consider the iPod much more of a gaming device then the iPhone, simply because of the draw of the modems. Also, yes, there are great touch-games on the phone. But lacking buttons can be hindering. I wasn't quite happy with the Final Fantasy games on the iPhone because of controls. It was very visually pleasing, but the DS Final Fantasy's were easier to adjust to, and therefore more fun to play. There are also very few games I am a fan of using the accelerometer on. Pinpoint control is vital, to me. Good luck, Apple, but I think for right now, that's a little bit of a high goal. Like, mary-jane kinda high.

Thanks

There's a lot of words in that article, and nothing remotely approaching a point. For example, how exactly is an extra camera supposed to "revolutionize" iPhone gaming? I can only guess you're referring either to potential motion controls - in which case it's not feasible, because motion-control systems all require a minimum distance between the user and the detector (which isn't possible for a handheld device), and they require more than just a camera to register any sort of accurate movements (hint: the giant glowing ball on the end of the PS3-mote isn't there to look pretty) - or the speculation a few weeks back that Nintendo's upcoming 3DS will use a camera to create a semi-3D effect by detecting the angle from which you're looking at the screen - in which case we're into the realm of speculation about speculation which is an exercise in futility.

Why even run articles like this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOmen53 View Post
    What I'm saying is that iPods doesn't need 3rd party controller support. Most of it's good quality games play great without them so why can't it be required after 4.0 to have full support for touch pad(quick reaction, good angles etc.)?
    The iPhone needs a peripheral of some sort to be considered a serious gaming device. As it stands now the iPhone is not a good enough handheld console to take the place of a DS or PSP. For a "hardcore" gamer.
    word

Thanks

Needs a Bluetooth joystick first ....

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Goldeneye is the worst N64 game ever:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo]YouTube - Goldeneye 007 - Gets down[/ame]

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

It's his opinion, just like this article is an opinion. How is one opinion any less valid or useful to the community than another? Douche

Also, you didn't have to read his post, or this one.
    opinions are opinions and you didnt have to read mine either nor insult...so....

news is news wether it be speculation or not, people like reading...because u dont like reading speculations doesnt mean u have to bring negativity to the thread...
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    ^ best first post ever.
    you need to be ban for this,grow up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    you need to be ban for this,grow up.
    lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iPhone needs a peripheral of some sort to be considered a serious gaming device. As it stands now the iPhone is not a good enough handheld console to take the place of a DS or PSP. For a "hardcore" gamer.
    Yes, the iPhone currently doesn't have the ability to be considered a gaming device, but when iPhone/iPod 4g comes out who's to say apple can't be a threat to Nintendo's DS or most likely Sony's PSP? Nintendo has shown that gaming consoles doesn't have to be aimed towards hardcore gamers for it to be a success. Which is why iPhone/iPods doesn't have to be aimed towards hardcore gamers but more casual gamers, who, are larger consumers than anyone else.

Look at the wii, for example, it has sold millions more than the xbox 360 console, even though, the Xbox 360 was filled with hardcore gamers. This is what made Nintendo a great succes and why Microsoft has decided to create Project Natal(a gaming hardware designed to play games without a controller, aimed towards casual gamers) and Sony to design "PlayStation Move"
    This is what probably motivated Apple into joining the video game industry.

Sony's PSP has been the smallest sales amount since the first release, compared to other major companies. This could give Apple the edge it needs to make an entrance into the industry and why I believe Apple's gaming device will surpass Sony's psp.

Handhelds will never be considered serious to gamers because, simply, there handhelds. Hardcore gamers(people who play almost all day, everyday) don't play handhelds because they need features that enables them to socialize with other people to keep them entertained if they get bored. They need a dedicated console capable of delivering them the graphics that make the game beautiful. They also need online service to keep there games updated with fresh new content frequently.

Point is, when the iPhone/iPod 4g comes out with 4.0 os apple is perfectly capable of entering the gaming industry, surpassing at least Sony, and the ipods/iphones to be treated as a gaming device.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Goldeneye is the worst N64 game ever:

YouTube - Goldeneye 007 - Gets down
    The N64 was the worst ever nintendo device: the only good game for it was Zelda Ocarina of Time.

The iPhone/iPoT won't ever be a hardcore gamers choice, but when your waiting for a train/subway/other, with nothing but your iDevice it's good to know there will be games for it
    Last edited by dsg; 04-25-2010 at 09:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone playboii's Avatar
    Thanks

i have to say i never played a game on the iphone and was never a fan of doing so but once street fighter came out for the iphone WOW must i say i have finally realized the power of the iphone with games. i honestly prefer to play it on my phone then on my ps3. the graphics are really good and the controls "if ur a street fighter lover" are very easy. but i have to say i was really impressed with that release of the game. and i can't begin to imagine how it will be for the next iphone. is all up hill from here!
    Last edited by playboii; 04-25-2010 at 10:14 PM.