+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly App Update: April 24th, 2010

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Here's a weekend edition of the Weekly App Update. Once again, not a ton of new apps, but LOTS of updates in the last week for our favorite apps! What's
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Weekly App Update: April 24th, 2010

Here's a weekend edition of the Weekly App Update. Once again, not a ton of new apps, but LOTS of updates in the last week for our favorite apps!

What's New:

FastSnap
    Use the Volume buttons to capture a photo.

iVoiceChanger
    Real time change the pitch during call. To perform the call your phone will dial to a remote server using an international number, international rates will apply.

X Project Lite
    Fight your way through the hordes of earth fighter ships to secure Tantiddal's independence.

Place Toggle
    Change your iPhone settings automatically based on location.

Smusic
    SMusic plays audio and video files without installing additional software.

Updates:

Flashlight
    Backgrounder
    SBSettings
    yxflash
    LockInfo
    Activator
    iScheduler
    Poof
    Categories
    Five-Column Springboard
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 04-25-2010 at 01:22 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wonder what Cydia apps are gonna be obsolete after the OS 4.0 arrives
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

u know i miss gpower they never updated it for 3.0 i like tapping to power down or reboot or respring i though it was a great program so will be interesting to see what doesnt move over to 4.0 hopefully its not something we paid a lot of money for

mmg
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    u know i miss gpower they never updated it for 3.0 i like tapping to power down or reboot or respring i though it was a great program so will be interesting to see what doesnt move over to 4.0 hopefully its not something we paid a lot of money for
    sbsettings does that for you

Thanks

@wolverinemarky You can assign power functions like lock, respring, and reboot to gestures using Activator

Thanks

Racist picture!
    EDM

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys, we want jailbreak and unlock updates not what apps are jailbreakly can work, or i dont know how put this in the right order

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Racist picture!
    lool....hmm now that i look at it,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    lool....hmm now that i look at it,
    Tehehehehe
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Timka21105's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waye2 View Post
    guys, we want jailbreak and unlock updates not what apps are jailbreakly can work, or i dont know how put this in the right order
    What?
    Tima Kudinov

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timka21105 View Post
    What?
    hhhh, what i am saying is that I guess everyone is looking for updates about the unlock solution for 3.1.3, rather than the apps, and the apps on cyida that are compatible with 3.1.3. I mean i havent heard about the unlock for 3.1.3 for a long time, i am not; but lots of people are stuck with the new baseband, and thats it for them, their iphones are off. Dev-team or geohot or whoever else, cant just wait till the final release of 4 OS to do the unlock, because the 4 OS will take damn long time to come out as an official release.
    hope i made myself clear this time

adp
    Thanks

Got Meth?
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

wow for the first time in my lifetime I found an update for flashlight on cydia. Whats peculiar though is that the update claims "ipad support". Im not quite sure where Ive been but Ive heard bout the redsn0w beta update for iphone 4 beta and verbose boot and possible blackra1n boot that was shown as working... but could someone tell me when anyone besides geohot has obtained a way to test cydia apps on an ipad, assuming this would involve jailbreaking the ipad. sorry 4 being off topic

Edit: Sent an email to the big boss and got a response: iPad jailbreak is currently unreleased. When it's released, this app is ready. Sorry, nothing more can be said about it.

BigBoss
    thebigboss.org

On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:40:10 PM 4/22/10 WW17, Isaac Gritz wrote:

I noticed the 2.4 update for flashlight in cydia included ipad support. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume it requires jailbreaking the ipad in order to test cydia apps on it. The last I've heard about ipad jailbreaking is that geohot managed to get blackra1n working on an ipad but never said anything about how to jailbreak and never released a blackra1n update even to developers as far as I am aware. So how exactly did you obtain a method of jailbreaking the ipad in order to add ipad support to your cydia app?

Thanks

LMFAO @ the inmate in the picture that's flipping the bird at the camera xD

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

How about a description of each 'new' app, rather than half a sentence. Maybe even a picture and some short review. This site only puts out 3-6 articles a day, most of which are verbatim lifts from more legitimate sites. Smusic. What does that mean plays music and video without additional software? All you give is a link to a 1 of 5 star rating without so much as a word explaining why or what it does. Nick, get your d*ck out of your hand and write a real article. I can only pray to god that you aren't getting paid for this.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Brandonii (04-24-2010)

Thanks

I absolutely LOVE that picture. =D

Anyway, FastSnap is a blatant rip-off of the quality extension, SnapTap. (That name reminds me of the yesteryear days of jailbreak, in the time of AppTapp and AppSnapp, hah.) Also, while Place Changer is a great idea, I wouldn't trust it--you don't always have GPS when indoors, and that could make it unreliable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

Nick Hesson (04-25-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    How about a description of each 'new' app, rather than half a sentence. Maybe even a picture and some short review. This site only puts out 3-6 articles a day, most of which are verbatim lifts from more legitimate sites. Smusic. What does that mean plays music and video without additional software? All you give is a link to a 1 of 5 star rating without so much as a word explaining why or what it does. Nick, get your d*ck out of your hand and write a real article. I can only pray to god that you aren't getting paid for this.
    Lol, I can go into more detail for each for sure. Just not sure how to gauge which ones are worth while to expand on. Some really dont require more than just a sentence to explain what the app does.

But note taken, and I will gladly expand on these little updates/new apps. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

hhhh, what i am saying is that I guess everyone is looking for updates about the unlock solution for 3.1.3, rather than the apps, and the apps on cyida that are compatible with 3.1.3. I mean i havent heard about the unlock for 3.1.3 for a long time, i am not; but lots of people are stuck with the new baseband, and thats it for them, their iphones are off. Dev-team or geohot or whoever else, cant just wait till the final release of 4 OS to do the unlock, because the 4 OS will take damn long time to come out as an official release.
    hope i made myself clear this time
    if you wanna keep your unlock when 4.0 actually comes out then you wouldn't want them to release the unlock and jailbreak until 4.0 actually comes out. so yes they can and should wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Waye2....why is this so hard for people like you to understand? If they release the exploit now (just because you can't wait for 4 or 5 months), Apple will fix the exploit before 4.0 is released, and we'll all be stuck waiting for a new exploit to be found. Why show the cards now before a big hand is played? Dev team and Geohot know what they are facing....you don't. Shut up and leave them be.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rruready For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-24-2010)

Thanks

This picture in this thread is such fail on every level.

Thread Win..

Pic Fail.
    EDM