Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: planetbeing Boots Android on iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Will this be able to work on iTouch 2gs with out the phone and i can just make the phone icon GV Mobile? If so, this is awesome!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Very cool. Hopefully sometime this gets ported to the 3GS and made easier to install.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by acediver View Post
    Would someone simplfy the read me where iys a little easeir to understand???
    If you don't understand the read me then you should steer well clear of this.

It is a very early demo to show what can be done. I'm sure it will be improved and hopefully packaged one day for non hard core techies to use. As it stands even some of them are having problems.

Stay away unless you really know what you are doing!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Crap not ported to 3G yet. As soon as it is, my day will be pretty much shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

This is so cool. Have to dig out one of my 2g's and play with this. Flash on iPhone is not far away now. Good job Planetbeing !!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

That's cool that he got this semi-working, but i could never do such a thing to my iPhone. To me that would be like taking a crap on my phone. My phone deserves better. But that's just my opinion of course. To each his/her own.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

I really wanna see this for the 3GS!

Putting this on my 2G when I get home.

Can anyone get the .bins to work? I got the .hex addresses of both but don't know where to go from there.

Seems like some people have waded through various stages of the instructions. If we pooled our notes together, perhaps we could have a set of instructions even more people could follow.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    That's cool that he got this semi-working, but i could never do such a thing to my iPhone. To me that would be like taking a crap on my phone. My phone deserves better. But that's just my opinion of course. To each his/her own.
    I sort of pity you for thinking your phone deserves anything...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

For the firmware files I have managed to extract them easily by using this tutorial:

Obtain Multitouch Firmware for iDroid on OS 3.x lembacon

Then I think we have to be able to put those firmwares into the two .img files and from there we can start booting up into android. I do not know how to open the two .img files just yet though

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoasterFuelPhil For This Useful Post:

exNavy (04-22-2010), faridsoto (04-22-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    Anyone thinks the process will be made easier in the future? Its a must for this to grow...
    You must not have been around during the original iphone jailbreak and unlocking days.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2g ipod or iphone?

i thought the dev team guy used a 1G iphone in his video

Quote Originally Posted by aj8600 View Post
    2g ipod or iphone?

i thought the dev team guy used a 1G iphone in his video
    The first generation iPhone is also called 2G because it uses EDGE technology.

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterFuelPhil View Post
    For the firmware files I have managed to extract them easily by using this tutorial:

Obtain Multitouch Firmware for iDroid on OS 3.x lembacon

Then I think we have to be able to put those firmwares into the two .img files and from there we can start booting up into android. I do not know how to open the two .img files just yet though

Works like a charm!

Now if someone could just better explain the Linux kernel instructions from the readme.
    Last edited by exNavy; 04-22-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thats cool i cant wait for the 3g release of this, just to show it off of course
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Ok I just install openiboot and now my phone won't power on, is there somethign i'm missing?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast