+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Abandons Adobe so Adobe Abandons Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In case you haven't run the numbers yet, there's a better chance that you'll hit the lottery, get hit by lightning, and then hit the lottery again before you'll ever
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Abandons Adobe so Adobe Abandons Apple

In case you haven't run the numbers yet, there's a better chance that you'll hit the lottery, get hit by lightning, and then hit the lottery again before you'll ever see Apple openly embrace Flash for the iPhone. And now, as a result of Apple consistently giving up on Adobe, the folks at Adobe are finally getting with the program and equally giving up on Apple.

Thanks to Apple's recently revised developer agreement - which, for Adobe, may have been the last straw - Adobe has announced the immediate end to the development of technology that would let Flash applications be ported natively to Apple devices. Infuriating Adobe, naturally, is the belief that Apple's revised developer agreement singles out Adobe and legions of developers who are actively seeking or planning to port software from Flash to the iPhone or iPad.

Adobe Flash project manager Mike Chambers put it this way on his blog: "As developers for the iPhone have learned, if you want to develop for the iPhone you have to be prepared for Apple to reject or restrict your development at anytime, and for seemingly any reason." Chambers' suspicions are likely correct, as Steve Jobs himself made it clear recently that he continues to believe that making Flash work for the iPhone would engender "sub-standard apps" that would ultimately "hinder the progress of the platform."

Adobe is finally aiming to wash its hands of Apple, a likely first major step before a potential lawsuit is filed against the folks in Cupertino. Last week, rumblings surfaced that Adobe was getting its legal ducks in a row to proceed with what some believe could be a substantial antitrust case against Apple. Of course, no one but the people at Adobe know for sure if such a plan is on the horizon. But we will likely find out for ourselves sooner rather than later.

Image via awesomedc

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

PureEvil (04-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep, it's was only time. Bye bye flash!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

What the **** is wrong with Apple? I want flash.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tudtran For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (04-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope Adobe sues the **** out of Apple. I am sick of Steve Jobs telling us what we can or can't run on OUR devices.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ozziwald For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-22-2010), CaptainChaos (04-21-2010), EddieLeonard (04-21-2010), EdmundGerber (04-21-2010), Landslideclothing (04-23-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (04-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

apple = bully

Thanks

Sub-standard apps? Oh you mean like basically half the entire app store?
    Give me a break.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-22-2010), fligabob (04-21-2010), Success.Is.Sweet (04-21-2010), szr (04-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Sub-standard apps? Oh you mean like basically half the entire app store?
    Give me a break.
    +1

Thanks

I think Adobe should make some crazy deal with Jailbreakers. That'd be awesome ;]

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardinn For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-22-2010), EddieLeonard (04-21-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Adobe is finally aiming to wash its hands of Apple, a likely first major step before a potential lawsuit is filed against the folks in Cupertino. Last week, rumblings surfaced that Adobe was getting its legal ducks in a row to proceed with what some believe could be a substantial antitrust case against Apple.
    Adobe should have done this long ago. If their intention is to sue, I'm surprised they took so long to get around to it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Um... Your honor, we're just fed up with all the smack Apple is talking. We believe it's our birth right to be involved in their products. We'd like millions of dollars (that we're going to do absolutely nothing with) please. Thanks.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-22-2010), reanimationxp (04-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't Adobe do what most developers do and move to the Jailbreak community? They can't put it on Rock or Cydia?

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    I think Adobe should make some crazy deal with Jailbreakers. That'd be awesome ;]
    +19073987

i want that to happen now
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziwald View Post
    I hope Adobe sues the **** out of Apple. I am sick of Steve Jobs telling us what we can or can't run on OUR devices.
    You obviously have not followed Apple for long have you? Apple has ALWAYS been for locking their devices and controlling what is run. Their initial Macs they originally wanted to store the OS in a ROM chip so it would not be able to be updated.

This control is why Apple is considered more stable which is why they are so expensive. Apple wants control of all the hardware and software back then and still do now. Just need to deal with it and rely on people like Geohot to keep up with the jailbreaks to free us.

On the Flash topic, hopefully some more work is done with the Gordon Project with the javascript rendering of Flash.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ash-on-iphone/
    Last edited by boxxa; 04-21-2010 at 11:50 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to boxxa For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (04-23-2010)

Thanks

Face it, Flash does suck, but there is no reason for this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the wedding is off lol.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-22-2010)

Thanks

Apple is such a ***** of a company.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-21-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: slang

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    this guy is a genious!

can you imagine if geohot, dev team and comex requested donations, if we raised say $100,000 or whatever, and they gave us flash enabled iphones

adobe should totally screw apple over. we all know jailbreaking isnt illegal, this cood be a fantastic idea

so they woodnt get much money, not compared to how much they get normally, but i dont think they would do it for that. i think that could be a gentle persuasion

adobe should really f up the life of steve jobs, oh how the number of jailbreakers would go up if flash was available!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yamdigger View Post
    Adobe should have done this long ago. If their intention is to sue, I'm surprised they took so long to get around to it.
    I don't think any large company has intentions to sue at first. They tried and tried, but were repeatedly shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Um... Your honor, we're just fed up with all the smack Apple is talking. We believe it's our birth right to be involved in their products. We'd like millions of dollars (that we're going to do absolutely nothing with) please. Thanks.
    You are completely ignorant to the antitrust laws I see... Your "scenario" is not at all what is going on here...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-21-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Face it, Flash does suck, but there is no reason for this.
    Flash doesn't suck macs suck at running flash.

Thanks
    Why are ppl so in love with flash?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast