Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Abandons Adobe so Adobe Abandons Apple

I have a Mac Pro and I ONLY RUN VISTA on it. I do not have a problem running Flash only when I go and use Leopard.

I hope Adobe cancels all support to OSX.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    +1
    +2

you just wait... adobe is gonna make flash for android and then what? apple is gonna fail misirably and then apple will want flash on the iphone, but guess what, adobe will say no because the ignorant idiots at apple said no the first time. Just like verizon said no to apple for having the iphone with their carrier. Now verizon is not doing so well compared to att and the iphone, now they are in equal competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    you just wait... adobe is gonna make flash for android and then what? apple is gonna fail misirably and then apple will want flash on the iphone, but guess what, adobe will say no because the ignorant idiots at apple said no the first time. Just like verizon said no to apple for having the iphone with their carrier. Now verizon is not doing so well compared to att and the iphone, now they are in equal competition.
    Lol, that is not even the same. Also Adobe has said no to Apple several times in the past. That is why this is called a grudge. Adobe said no to helping Apple create a suite and then no to Apple when they asked them to fix flash for OSX.

Plus Apple will be far from hurt if Android got flash. It has been almost 4 years of iPhone without flash and it is still very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Lol, that is not even the same. Also Adobe has said no to Apple several times in the past. That is why this is called a grudge. Adobe said no to helping Apple create a suite and then no to Apple when they asked them to fix flash for OSX.

Plus Apple will be far from hurt if Android got flash. It has been almost 4 years of iPhone without flash and it is still very strong.
    Yea if your put it that way i guess this is all a grudge act lol, Had no idea about them saying no to helping, put apple isnt just one person, there are many of them, are they serious about taking it as far as a grudge to prevent flash on the iphone? This is like childs play.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    YouTube videos play in a number of formats depending on where you watch them. They used to be all flash but switched their containers to .mp4 and transcode them to whatever format is needed. Even on yoututbe.com you can now choose the front-end: flash or html5

B-b-b-b-beaten to the explanation
    yea i tried html 5 youtube and OMG, is it fast or what? the load on the servers are way lower then the flash youtube users, So videos are super fast and the page loads up in a snap, flash will die out, and html 5 will take over, is apple going to be supporting html 5 on the iphone? games? anyone?
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 04-21-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ULLSHIT! There are apps from Adobe in appstore, lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Well seeing as Adobe has no professional competitor to Photoshop (or do they?), perhaps they should stop making Photoshop for Mac?

That would force people that use PS everyday to switch to Windows

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMan05 For This Useful Post:

cheesehotdog (04-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by h0lm View Post
    B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ULLSHIT! There are apps from Adobe in appstore, lol.
    Did you read the article? They are stopping work on the flash to iPhone conversion tool support in CS. Nothing Adobe makes is actually made with flash.

Apple is so ****ed up!

Flash is proprietary, devs need to buy Adobe Flash making software and it's a requirement to write code/apps, using only Flash software, and that's just fine in Adobes eyes.

Apple iPhone SDK is free to dev members and Apple requires all apps are written using their software, and Adobes thinks that's just evil? Huh? Double standards.

Adobe's bluff has been called, their backs are to the wall and their reaction or overreaction implies they are scared of becoming obsolete, so they kick the one who's calling for open web standards. Are they going to sue Google too I wonder?? They're pushing to end Adobes strangle hold on closed web standards also.

Well, regardless of what the supporters of either party think, the real proof will be in the eating. If Adobe are wrong, they will fail (open standards will then kill flash). If Apple are wrong, then they will fail (iPhone sales will fall as Flash fanboys change sides). Stand back and the truth will be revealed people. It's the line in the sand we all hoped someone would cross, and let the blood run free.

I for one will not shed one tear for the garbage web plugin all pimply faced, one handed joystick riders adore as a god. Don't need it, don't care, and good riddance to bad rubbish, and that is just what it is. Get over it !! I look forward to waving you fanboys a goodbye, as you leave this and all other Apple forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedy View Post
    Unless Apple unbundle their standard apps like Safari and allow them to be updated through the App Store it really isn't practical to have flash on the iPhone.

Here's a list of flash bugs that required a new release so far in 2010. If this was on the iPhone each would have needed a new firmware release and any that allow code execution would have been seriusly troubling to anyone owning an iPhone.

Adobe Flash Player and AIR (CVE-2010-0187) Unspecified Denial of Service Vulnerability
    Multiple Adobe Products Unspecified Cross Domain Scripting Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player Local File Access Information Disclosure Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player SWF Version Null Pointer Dereference Denial of Service Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR URI Parsing Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR Multiple Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
    Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Control Information Disclosure Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR JPEG File Parsing Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR (CVE-2009-3797) Unspecified Memory Corruption Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR 'exception_count' Integer Overflow Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR Data Injection Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player and AIR (CVE-2009-3798) Unspecified Memory Corruption Vulnerability
    Adobe Flash Player SWF File Denial of Service Vulnerability
    And this just says it all !! Well researched.
    Last edited by Kroo; 04-22-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All i will add is that this ends up being pretty much all Adobes own fault

If they had gone to the bother of fixing flash on OSX so it wasn't such a CPU/Memory hog / crashing piece of junk, then perhaps the Almighty Steve might have taken a different view.

Flash on OSX is trash , had they spent the time fixing it, we might have seen a different outcome

Im sorry,Adobe have been lazy, they have had enough time to fix flash and convince Steve that it was worth a go....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dalep For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    sounds like a problem with apple to me. good 'old PC's been runnin' this **** just fine.
    Sounds like an idiotic comment to me. So if Firefox run crap on your Windowz computer, this would be Microsofts problem, well according to your dumb logic, it is. FOOL.

Open your tiny brain and read straight from a web devs own mouth.
    16 month-old bug continues to crash Flash - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

Quote Originally Posted by j.castellon View Post
    The places Apple could go with just flash on there device!
    So where would you say they are now?

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    I have a Mac Pro and I ONLY RUN VISTA on it. I do not have a problem running Flash only when I go and use Leopard.

I hope Adobe cancels all support to OSX.
    Try running ONLY OSX if you really believe in it, then get back to me.

BTW, why buy an expensive laptop only to put the dudest OS Microsoft produced this decade, on it?

That's like owning a Ferrari and letting Paris Hilton ride in it. WHOA!!

(I bet you run "really cool" PC games on it, ay)
    Last edited by Kroo; 04-22-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

This must be quite a had task, making flash run on an iPhone. I just don't understand how nobody's come up with a jailbroken sloution???!

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    This must be quite a had task, making flash run on an iPhone. I just don't understand how nobody's come up with a jailbroken sloution???!
    Well nobody CAN come up with anything resembling flash, only Adobe can code it, as it's owned and licensed by Adobe, and the code is closed/proprietary (unlike the open standards being pushed to challenge flash) and if anyone dare emulate flash, "consider your @ss sued".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    Let 'em put Flash on Android. I don't think Apple will mind. Flash will fail on mobile devices (for a few more years to come), and Android and Adobe will look bad because of this.

If my awesome laptop can't handle some Flash websites without getting choppy and becoming unresponsive at times, phones are years and miles away from accomplishing this.
    ----
    Flash is an awesome method of creation, but it's out of control. By the time any cellphone/tablet can handle the full force of flash, HTML14 will blow Flash out of the water. I'd like to see iPhone with Flash, but i'm more than OK without it. I'm really disappointed that Adobe is abandoning the 'export to IPA' function. It could have been magical for people like me that can produce nice Flash work, but wouldn't know where to start with iPhone programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Conas View Post
    I'd like to see iPhone with Flash, but i'm more than OK without it. I'm really disappointed that Adobe is abandoning the 'export to IPA' function. It could have been magical for people like me that can produce nice Flash work, but wouldn't know where to start with iPhone programming.
    All the apps on the appstore, have been written by programmers with experience in javascripting, c & objective c programming, Xcode. It's not as easy as drag and drop like flash, which is why Apple won't allow a flash to ipa crossover without proper scripting by the person writing the app not a hit and miss flash export function. That would be like dropping a whole lot of files into a program and POOF, out comes an iPhone app. Really, it's not that easy. I'd like to see the flash to ipa end product. If it's anything like flash itself, it'll be a dogs breakfast. And they want to put it on my iPhone, no thank you. It would take Apple months to vet all that flash stuff wanting to hit the appstore.
    Last edited by Kroo; 04-22-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Funny thing is all these years people talked and harped on Gates and what evil M$ does through out the world and apple is just as bad if not worse. Fact is Flash runs on 90% of the worlds web sites, Apple needs flash if they didnt they would not have flash supported on there desktops and laptops. If I was Adobe soon as I filed the aintitrust suite I would stop supporting everything apple related and give rebates to switch to PC based products. Now take other tech companies that are going to jump on the bandwagon, going to be huge.

This is going to cost Apple a lot of money.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icreepin View Post
    Funny thing is all these years people talked and harped on Gates and what evil M$ does through out the world and apple is just as bad if not worse. Fact is Flash runs on 90% of the worlds web sites, Apple needs flash if they didnt they would not have flash supported on there desktops and laptops. If I was Adobe soon as I filed the aintitrust suite I would stop supporting everything apple related and give rebates to switch to PC based products. Now take other tech companies that are going to jump on the bandwagon, going to be huge.

This is going to cost Apple a lot of money.
    Maybe 90% of the websites you visit, but as I said earlier, I haven't used a flash website in many months. I even have flash disabled on my Macbook Pro and have not ever needed to go back.
    Clearly its Adobe crying for Apple to let them put Flash on iPhones, not the other way around.

Apple is against Flash because of money. Not performance or instability. If people can create apps that doesn't need the app store, then Apple doesn't make any money on those apps. Pure and simple. I am neither a Apple hater or a Flash lover, but all anyone needs to do is look at the initial Bluetooth limitations on the iPhone. This allowed Apple to charge more money to accessory manufactures to license a proprietary connection.

Just my 2 bits..

does this mean Adobe is ditching flash for the macs aswell??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast