Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Abandons Adobe so Adobe Abandons Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Count Tracula View Post
    Why are ppl so in love with flash?
    because flash loves us
    and in return it is our duty to love flash

some might say the same about god

its clear from your post neither god nor flash love you. sorry.

Flash would be nice to have, but honestly, most of Adobe's products are bloated and wasteful of resources. They remind me of Vista. At least from an IT perspective. I get sick of having to repair their software, upgrade pc's or downgrade to older versions of their software because it's half-assed. Flash is no different. Sometimes it's good, but for what it is, it's a resource hog. I am ready to see it go, it's time for something more streamlined than what they have been offering.
    Really?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010), reanimationxp (04-21-2010)

@relentlessdan

God loves me, but i dont use my iphone and say to myself...'if i only had flash my life would be complete'. I personally dont miss it.

Yo guys, how about a couple few more months and flash will disappear from Macs products. It might or might not happen,since adobe will lost some profits as well, but for those guys out there that say flash sucks, it'll be a major hit since tons and tons of website are currently uses flash.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I havent used flash on my Mac in months. If Adobe pulled out from Apple completely I wouldnt miss them.

Funny how most of you that want flash have Windows based PC's (According to the info right of your username)

@riku98523
    Mac dont suck are running flash, flash simply hasnt been developed well for OSX at all. Its not much better on Windows either.

Correction, tons of horrible websites still use flash and smart companies are moving away from it.

I hope adobe burns down to the ground. How they've managed to stay afloat with the most bloated software in existence surprises me to this day.

Apple is 100% in the right here. Adobe has never taken The Mac platform seriously, so why should apple put up with it?

And for whoever said it's macs that can't run flash, guess why that is. Hint: adobe is the one "coding" it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010), reanimationxp (04-21-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Count Tracula View Post
    Why are ppl so in love with flash?
    Because people feel the need to be able to watch Family Guy no matter where they are.

If this isnt the reason then please tell me why Flash is so "vital" that it needs to be on a mobile device.

Having Flash on Android or any mobile platform would just be a bragging right so everyone can say they have it.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 04-21-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let's just all abandon Flash and hop on the HTML 5 train! I think Apple would be OK with Flash if there was a way to regulate all the Flash sites we visit. If I use my 3G to play "Bloons Tower Defense" (on a website, not the app) and near the end of the game, when there are tons of enemies, my iPhone performs poorly, it looks bad at Apple's behalf. Also, there are security issues. Flash can have access to webcams. Mr. Hacker in Russia might be able to access my iPhone's camera. Spying on me. That it is very hypothetical, but not entirely fictional. I trust Apple, and if they say No to Flash then I say "I bet you're on to something". HTML 5 isn't exactly the answer, but maybe future languages will suit Apple's wants.

As far as 'sub standard' apps go.. Check out Droid's market. Less apps, yet more BS.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Conas For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

There will be no law suit. I've said it before, I'll say it again. There is no case. Adobe, quite stupidly, took the risk of heavily investing resources in a product they knew quite well wouldn't be allowed to work on Apple's mobile products. There's nothing illegal there, just bad business decisions on Adobe's part. All this talk about antitrust suits is nonsense. The iPhone isn't an island. It's a smartphone, and while it's popular, it holds far less than half the smartphone market, which itself is a tiny fraction of the overall cellphone market. I can think of only one player in the cellphone market who could be involved in an antitrust lawsuit, and that would be Nokia. Of course, no one is going to sue Nokia for anything other than locking companies out of the cell market altogether (which is why Apple is suing them for unfair licensing of GSM patents). The only market where Apple could ever be sued for antitrust violations is the mp3 market, where they dominate, but the iPod Touch is just a tiny fraction of that market so it's still not applicable.

NO LAWSUIT. You can't file antitrust suits because a company doesn't allow you to develop for their niche product in their niche of a niche market. That's crazy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010)

Wow. half of you guys just want Flash for your enjoyment but don't even realize how bad Flash is and what it does your your devices, even computers. Flash is a ****** plugin. Apple is protecting their products which in the long run will save them a lot of money when people starts to return their phones and pads and pods because their CPUs are fried from playing too much Farmville.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to knguyen For This Useful Post:

Kroo (04-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziwald View Post
    I hope Adobe sues the **** out of Apple. I am sick of Steve Jobs telling us what we can or can't run on OUR devices.
    Buy an android phone... Steve Jobs didn't tell you to buy an iPhone now did he.

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Sub-standard apps? Oh you mean like basically half the entire app store?
    Give me a break.
    As of April 8, 2010, there are at least 185,000 third-party applications officially available on the App Store, with over 4 billion total downloads.
    So, that is 92,500 apps that are worth while. Even if they were all $0.99 each, no one in their right mind would download them all. They wouldn't fit on the device either.

The most worthless app on their, the fart app, which has been a top selling app for a long time now.

Your definition of worthless app, along with mine, must be invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Flash doesn't suck macs suck at running flash.
    Go look at the Firefox crash reports, try to count the ones caused by Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Correction, tons of horrible websites still use flash and smart companies are moving away from it.

I hope adobe burns down to the ground. How they've managed to stay afloat with the most bloated software in existence surprises me to this day.

Apple is 100% in the right here. Adobe has never taken The Mac platform seriously, so why should apple put up with it?

And for whoever said it's macs that can't run flash, guess why that is. Hint: adobe is the one "coding" it.
    +1
    Did I ever tell you that you are my favorite mod?
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.

finally. now every stop whining about flash on iphone. get over it.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ikesmasher For This Useful Post:

awesomeSlayer (04-21-2010), CaptainChaos (04-21-2010), Kroo (04-22-2010)

Im a noob here so if someone can enlighten me on what Youtube videos is run on.This is niether in defence of or offence to flash.Its just a question.

Just give in and give us and and adobe what we want

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    Im a noob here so if someone can enlighten me on what Youtube videos is run on.This is niether in defence of or offence to flash.Its just a question.
    They are MP4 files run thru a flash player.

--edit--

They are FLV, but that is just an MP4 in a wrapper, youtube on our phones removes the wrapper and plays the MP4...

Pretty sure that is how works. Could be wrong.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-21-2010 at 03:08 PM.

YouTube videos play in a number of formats depending on where you watch them. They used to be all flash but switched their containers to .mp4 and transcode them to whatever format is needed. Even on yoututbe.com you can now choose the front-end: flash or html5

B-b-b-b-beaten to the explanation
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 04-21-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

Pretty much the same situation as to why iTunes runs like crap on Windows. Apple codes it.

Also, to those begging for flash, you guys do realize how bad adobe has been with macs, right? I'm no software engineer, but this guy is:

16 month-old bug continues to crash Flash - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

over a YEAR of someone trying to get a bug fixed. I'm not even sure they've addressed/fixed it yet.

iTunes on Windows has gotten considerably better though, CaptainChaos. Personally, I've never had issues with it on Windows and it even took over Foobar (which I spent weeks configuring and making it awesome) as my primary media player.

It pales in comparisson to it's mac counterpart maybe, but apple isn't taking the bare minimum effort approach adobe has taken for years.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 04-21-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Face it, Flash does suck, but there is no reason for this.
    I think there is, flash performes incredibly weak on today's mac hardware, I mean I watch a flash-based simpsons cartoon and the cpu-fan is spinning up like crazy? I'm doing audio and video editing and the cpu cares less than on the simspons!? what the hell?
    I don't know, but I think flash would have found it's way on the iPhone/iPad if it wasn't eating cpu and battery like crazy.
    If I was Steve Jobs and I had to choose over complaining customers about missing flash or complaining costumers about your products don't exeed 0.5h battery life because of flash..
    you do the math

Adobe should come up with a flash version that's less resource-hungry to mac hard/software. funny how the same simpsons movie doesn't bother the same macbook fan when it's running on bootcamp! hellooo??

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Flash doesn't suck macs suck at running flash.
    No they don't.... I play farmville and petville all of the time... LOLOLOLOL

Edit: I just had to say this!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-21-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: being silly

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast