Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone pr0nz

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 4th Gen iPhone pr0nz
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnz8iw1--1c]YouTube - iPHONE 4G REVEALED! UP CLOSE[/ame]

Gizmodo has added to their growing treasure trove of next-gen iPhone info, gossip and photos with this nice slow-motion video of the device's case. It definitely looks better in these images than it did originally. Gone is the curved back case (which reportedly reduced WiFi transmission) in place of a flat panel possibly made of a special ceramic that's invisible to radio waves. It looks - unexpected - but I'm already getting used to it.

Is this a publicity stunt, a theft, or a legitimate journalistic scoop? Who knows? I do wish the guys at Gizmodo had put a little more effort into dissecting it if they really had their hands on it without Apple's permission. I'd like to know what kind of processor this thing has and whether it's got CDMA capability. Why not tear it apart, if you paid five large for it?

Put it this way: if Apple doesn't sue, then something's fishy here. But I still really hope the kid keeps his job, either way.

Thanks to Waseem Hammoud for the heads-up!
    video via Gizmodo
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 04-20-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: h/t

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (04-20-2010), vamshivasanthr (04-20-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i still think apple wouldn't let big things like this leak out. i believe it's just a prototype but if this is the real deal i'm quite disappointed

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to squaresoft For This Useful Post:

ks503 (04-20-2010), prankz55 (04-20-2010), vamshivasanthr (04-20-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by squaresoft View Post
    i still think apple wouldn't let big things like this leak out. i believe it's just a prototype but if this is the real deal i'm quite disappointed
    +1 my exact thoughts
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

hovaisa (04-25-2010)

i love it
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Man, if its the real iPhone 4G.... I am not interested in iPad anymore.. I would definitely buy it to replace my 3GS (which replaced my 3G last year) this leak may harm apple's iPad which is over selling anyway...
    Love you Apple.....Mwaaahhhhh, Mwaahhhh....
    Last edited by RockMeOn; 04-20-2010 at 06:15 AM.

If that is the 4G I may just hold on to my 3G.

I was expecting sleeker, slimmer, slightly larger display, among other things.

This is disappointing.

Not what I was expecting, but hopefully it will prove to be a superior design.

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post

This is disappointing.
    Agreed.
    I just hope that this is a publicity stunt and to create a hype.

I hate the design and really hope that this is only the (internal) hardware.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to extremzocker For This Useful Post:

prankz55 (04-20-2010)

we'll just have to wait to see the final device.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zozodouce For This Useful Post:

XPROFESSIONAL1 (04-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I doubt it's the real thing but if it is I like it's design better than the 3G/3GS.

Hope the spec makes it worth changing up.
    Last edited by smiska2; 04-21-2010 at 10:40 AM.

why don't they turn it on..?

Thanks

Personally I love it. The current design is pretty old now. The chrome on the side gets scratches all over and frankly the curves look like an appliance from the 70's. Can't wait to jailbreak this thing...

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    why don't they turn it on..?
    Apple remotely killed the device, but apparently it was running OS4 prior to this happening.
    Last edited by adp; 04-20-2010 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Why don't you people read the story? They did tear it and they are telling how it got lost.

How Apple Lost the Next iPhone - Leak - Gizmodo
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

If this is legit, Im holdin on to my 3GS. Look at the new iPad. Try to find seams on that like this "prototype." It just doesnt seem to fit Jonathan Ive's minimalistic style. It looks like there are 1 too many buttons now (we all know how apple hates buttons.) Plus the way the glass isnt flush to the metal like the imacs, ipad, etc... just doesnt seem right. The whole design is too retro for the modern apple and this "new iphone" would not fit well with their product line. (Not to mention what would happen if you dropped a phone with a glass back..and front.... just sayin..)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think it looks awesome, I've only just started a new contract so I won't b gettin one for a while. Not too worried about a larger screen, as long as resolution is better. Keen for a better camera with flash tho. Bring on the new iPhone I say

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post

This is disappointing.
    Well at least there's a flash and a front facing cam. And it is slimmer than the previous iPhones. It's still a prototype anyway.

And lol at you that will still have the sluggish and slow 3G when the 4G is out.

I personaly think this design is better and looks less cheap than the current models. Certainly fits more with the other apple products.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think it looks awesome!!

Publicity STUNT, just like last time there prototype went missing from manufacturing.

I like the design...... i think they just needed extar hype after the iPAD launch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    It looks like there are 1 too many buttons now (we all know how apple hates buttons.)
    There's exactly the same amount of buttons in the new design. The fact that the volume button was split doesn't mean they added more.

I agree that many won't like this design, but then again there's many people who don't like the current design and will be attracted to this. I originally thought it was a bad idea because it looked wider than the older models. But this think is considerably slimmer, which is great. And the front-facing camera helps too.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

its not cmda is confirmed its mirco sim

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast