+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th Gen iPhone pr0nz

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I really like the current model's shape better than the 'box' shape of the "new 4G". But regardless of all that, the new phone must have something that I can
    Thanks

I really like the current model's shape better than the 'box' shape of the "new 4G". But regardless of all that, the new phone must have something that I can not get/have with my current phone. I can multi-task now on my 3GS so that is not a big draw. Bigger battery, not enough to suck me into getting a third phone (I got the original 2G, skipped the 3G, got the 3GS). If the screen was bigger, maybe an upgrade would be in the works. But as of right now, no new phone for me, I will stick to my pattern of got the first phone, skipped the second, got the third, so I will more than likely be skipping the fourth one cause we all know in another year or two there will be the 4GS or 5G or whatever the new 'name' will be.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You guys are all forgetting something: since when has Apple give such easy access to the battery? Never. My guess is that, this being just a prototype, the final version will have a different backing, either more 3GS-like or more iPad-like, that gives absolutely no battery-bay access. The buttons will be changed to be more Apple-like, the "XX" in front of GB will be filled with a number (32/64/80), and everything will be as it was.

Having said that, I like this iPhone just the way it is, because its not whats on the outside that counts (aside from the front-facing / back camera with flash, higher-res screen), its really whats on the inside (updated CPU, GPU, RAM, Flash, etc) that counts. Didn't your parents teach you anything?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (04-21-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is nothing more then a PR stunt from Apple...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabregousmc View Post
    sorry for the rant but i'm sick of reading the same things over and over. "why havent they opened it?" "why dont they turn in on?" "why does it look like that?" "i'm disappointed" "it's ugly"

how bout this....believe it when you see it...WHEN IT'S OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED! *GASP*
    If you are sick of it you are probably on the wrong forums my friend. There is little input the average user/reader of these forums can give on a topic like this OTHER than their personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    Having said that, I like this iPhone just the way it is, because its not whats on the outside that counts (aside from the front-facing / back camera with flash, higher-res screen), its really whats on the inside (updated CPU, GPU, RAM, Flash, etc) that counts. Didn't your parents teach you anything?
    You would be a fool to think that a great number of Apple product users are attracted by the aesthetic appeal of the product itself. It is why so many of us have put up with waiting years for MMS, video recording, etc. etc.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-20-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ha love how no one even notices the android keychain in the background. I changed to android a while back after 3gs and ive never been upset since. Maybe if apple will quit being so controlling and let a little customization I would swap back but until then ipod touch. Android Phones FTW

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

i been happy since yesterday lol can't wait till june 22 oh yeah june 20 is my birthday yes l'll be treating myself (iphone 4g)to add to my collection... i have the money ready everything is a go yes........
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope this is not the new iPhone! All I really care about is a bigger screen! If this is the "iPhone HD" then I'm getting the "EVO 4G" from Sprint and teether my "3GS and iPad"!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bet if this phone was slimer, with a bigger screen

all u people would still find something else to ***** about

if u don't like it don't buy it stop talking about how dissapointed you are

for fucks sake go make your own cell phone

**** looks amazing, congrats apple in the great new design and much needed 4.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im not speaking for everyone just me! Sorry to offend!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If that's really it, I might try out the HTC EVO or HTC Incredible. Apple is becoming too much like the soup Nazi for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a short overview of it by CBS. here is the link

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4YluUCHeFk]YouTube - The Real 4G or Just an iPhoney?[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I for one love the design. I missed the feel of the 1st Gen. I still don't know if it is a legit iphone, but they just interviewed and showed a segment on abc news about gizmodo. I'm hoping that it is because I want to switch back to ATT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

Looks great. I never really liked the style of the original iPods or iPhone. Too cute and bubbly. Give me sleek and sexy.

Thanks

anyone think that this is a PR stunt from apple to see how many people actually like the new design of the iphone or should they just keep it as it was? personally i like the look it is more sleeker looking but i just dont think its right for the iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've got to say, I was wrong in the other thread. That is one hell of a sexy device, and I'd definitely look to upgrading my 3GS if the price is right.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tenspeed123 For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (04-20-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

I just read a speculation that the back panel may be touch-sensitive. This would solve the problem of having your fingers in the way. I would absolutely love this device if that were the case (nice pun, eh?).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i am all for it tbh new design looks kinda nice and better cam + flash more space, faster im happy with it as long as reception for 3g ect is better i will be happy i live in a 3g+ covered area but in buildings like at work its hard to get good 3g inside so if that is improved im sold.

Thanks

no way this is the finished product. The screen will sit flush, there won't be any seams (like you see in the vid just down from the SIM tray) etc. Apple is all about design, even to the point of form over function (which is occasionally annoying).

This will be sleeker and sexier in its finished state.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I personally like the new design. Iím still with my 3G because I didnít think the updates with the 3GS were significant enough for me to burn my upgrade eligibility (had to pay full pop for my 3G as I still had several months on my contract). From Gizmodos site it looks like a flash on the back which is nice and there was a mention of a larger camera on the back as well. Hopefully the camera is updated to a nice 5 MP. As far as the front facing camera for video calls, I donít really care either way. The only thing that concerns me is AT&Tís network is already strapped as it is, what kind of increased load will this cause? Iím guessing it will only be iPhone to iPhone capable for a while (and those who voip); I just hope it doesnít put more strain on the network.

As far as a publicity stunt for the iPhone, that really doesnít make too much sense to me. The iPhone is already one of the most anticipated phone announcements, people are chomping at the bit to get info and their hands on one. The demand and interest is already there so I donít see why they would go through all of this and take attention away from the iPad. Plus Apple is so controlling and secretive I just donít see them letting a prototype get out into the wild on purpose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think it might be a PR stunt, no source seems to know who found the phone, only that Jason Chen paid 5K for it. How does one, if they found a prototype iPhone, know to contact Jason Chen in the first place or know how much to charge him. I think an Apple employee "found" it, sold it to Gizmodo to get public opinions on it. There aren't even any pics of when the thing was working, if you or I found something like this wouldn't our first though be to take pics of it???