+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "I Underestimated How Good German Beer Is"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The details of how and who stole what is just pixie dust thrown in our eyes. Fact is that the majority of iPhone users don't read newspapers. They read blogs.
    Thanks

The details of how and who stole what is just pixie dust thrown in our eyes. Fact is that the majority of iPhone users don't read newspapers. They read blogs. The most effective marketing in mobile marketing is not through official channels like TV and Print. Just by us discussing it and going back and forth about the pixie dust we are creating the advertising for them. There are millions of pages in all languages debating the new iPhone. We are the target audience and Apple is not spending a dime promoting the iPhone to grandma who doesn't care about it.

If anyone remember last years rumor mills started about a month or so before the 3GS launch. How many fake 3GS pictures were pumped into blogs? Apple creates this fever pitch and we're debating their product at 1:30 AM.
    Last edited by Winterboarder; 04-19-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Thanks

would suck to be him right now

this is a iFail
    Keithsta

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did not read the all the posts, so please keep the flames to a minimum if I sound stupid or this has been posted before... but I agree with others claiming that this is a cheap marketing ploy for apple but another things is... If in fact that was the 4g that the guy had and it was TOP SECRET... i'm sure he wouldn't just leave it behind and not go back to the bar looking for it... and it just baffles me that he didn't have a passcode lock on it... i mean if you have a passcode lock on your iphone and don't know the pswd... the only way to get into the phone would be to restore the phone to default right? and in that respect his facebook page would have never been seen... i dunno just seems to fishy to me

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

still complete bs

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

well at least the only thing that is not BS now is the iphone 4th gen...anticipating that front facing cam, cant wait

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

It really must suck to be this guy!!! He is now known worldwide... and not for a very intelligent reason.
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

haha guess he's already a hit

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why cant i find a lost next gen apple fone id return it off course

PM me if u think my sigs nice

Thanks

Because everyone takes extremely anticipated top of line prototype smart phones to bars to get completely smashed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

haha, what i can say is, "LOL".

Thanks

well.. if it's true that Apple got it's priceless prototype in the wild to test it under real life conditions, I think is save to say that the next iPhone app would be a blood alcohol level meter that works by blowing in the mic and beeps at you when you got stupid

And that poor kid should take a clue from our beloved superfreak Rick James and say: "sorry Steve Jobs, I was having too much fun"
    Last edited by fishbone; 04-20-2010 at 07:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beer seems to get the best of us ;P

Thanks
    Fake or not, Apple will now save millions on advertising the new iPhone. Maybe it will translate to a cheaper sale price for the handset. It better!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    He should be glad that he didn't get sued.
    Suing a guy for losing a phone would get you some pretty terrible press pretty fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    The details of how and who stole what is just pixie dust thrown in our eyes. Fact is that the majority of iPhone users don't read newspapers. They read blogs. The most effective marketing in mobile marketing is not through official channels like TV and Print. Just by us discussing it and going back and forth about the pixie dust we are creating the advertising for them. There are millions of pages in all languages debating the new iPhone. We are the target audience and Apple is not spending a dime promoting the iPhone to grandma who doesn't care about it.

If anyone remember last years rumor mills started about a month or so before the 3GS launch. How many fake 3GS pictures were pumped into blogs? Apple creates this fever pitch and we're debating their product at 1:30 AM.
    I think the real question here is where does Apple mine their pixie dust?

Quote Originally Posted by PaperCross View Post
    Fake or not, Apple will now save millions on advertising the new iPhone. Maybe it will translate to a cheaper sale price for the handset. It better!
    Keep dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Yah, except Raptors, like most of the folks who pos stuff in the Member WRITTEN news section, plagiarized - which we cant do. Direct copy paste of someone elses story is laaaaaaaame.
    Why in God's name would he write his own version of the story? He wouldn't get a cent for it. MMI writers do, which is fine, but that also provides incentive.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-20-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone High_Voltage's Avatar
    Thanks

This really seems like a puplicity stunt that this guy would pull off. Who loses a 4th GENERATION IPhone Prototype -_-? that is so top secret that it isnt even realeased yet? Unless he was so drunk that he could've had it so long, he thought it was just an ordinary Iphone. If i had that Phone, I wouldv'e Sold it for a Bougatti 2010 Version and about $100,000+. What Phone company or Developer wouldnt want to take apart "Apple's" Gadgets, especially on an unreleased IPhone, and use them for their benefit, c'mon its Apple. All i know is is that the guy who gave it up for 5,000 was sadly misguided -_-.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    haha guess he's already a hit

haha , wher can i buy thzat T-shirt ...

Thanks

The whole thing is a publicity stunt - by the bar.

They must be doing a great trade with all the people hoping to find another iPhone.

The story just doesn't ring true. But it's certainly got Gizmodo a lot of publicity!

PS - just how many news stories do we need on this subject?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123