Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Barroom iPhone" Disassembled: Looks Legit

I believe this to be legit and I want one. Good thing I got a 3G 2 years ago because I will be eligible to upgrade to this!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

T-Mobile already has Micro SIM technology... so maybe they can program a micro SIM to work with the new iPhone.

Lok8u and T-Mobile First to Bring Micro 3FF SIM Cards to U.S. M2M Market - Yahoo! Canada Finance

Default Micro SIM
    The one to the right in this pic is the Micro SIM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -mini_mico_sim_card.jpg  

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Everything seems to be just what the doctor ordered, but since the first gen, I've always wanted 2 speakers on the bottom for real stereo. I'm sure they could easily put a mic next to one of them.

Oh so now its not hideous anymore? U que la chi...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All I'm hoping for is not such a high price upgrade I'd upgrade my 3gs to this when it comes out my 3gs is still new got it about 2 months ago.

Thanks

OK.. lets say this iPhone is legit with the following improvements:
    1. Front facing cam
    2. At least a 1Ghz processor
    3. Good camera on back with a flash
    4. Awesome screen resolution
    5. iPhone OS 4.0 with all the newest features.

Is there another phone currently on the market that beats it? The only thing it doesn't have is flash (of course). But i think all this stuff puts it out in front compared to all the other "iPhone killer" phones out there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

wait so no one has really answered this question fully, why can't they get it to turn on? or have they already?
    and im not talking about the 'connect to iTunes'

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@poseidon agreed there were phones that beat out the 3gs but now they have nothing on the iPhone 4G it beats anything. But now after all companies see this someone is gonna try to out beat it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't like the look of this phone..Maybe becuz I'm used too the rounded back and denying any change other than the internal features like processor speed and RAM..please don't let this be the final look!!

Quote Originally Posted by igarza View Post
    ching chang chong.

Let me translate: Chinese knock-off

It looks interesting, although it doesnt make sense (to me at least) to change the overall shape of the phone - it doesn't look nearly as interesting as sleek as the 3G/3GS. I wonder how much more this will cost at launch than the last models. with a front facing cam and flash on board, I'd expect the lowest model to be sold at 299 (under contract).

@Poseidon - Feature wise this iteration of the phone is the truth. But from a UI standpoint, if iPhone OS 4.0 still feels like the older verions, I would still take Sense over this. iPhone's interface is 4 years old and it is absolutely showing its age. Still smooth, but but dated nonetheless.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 04-19-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

I honestly love the style of this iPhone.. If this is what is to come then I will be glass to switch carriers unless they go verizonwireless :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    wait so no one has really answered this question fully, why can't they get it to turn on? or have they already?
    and im not talking about the 'connect to iTunes'
    It was functional and running OS 4.0 at first. Apple remotely wiped the phone and they can turn it on with "connect to iTunes". iTunes recognizes it but they can't even restore it since the iPhone OS for this model doesn't rally exist in the wild or in iTunes yet.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Kil0111 (04-19-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (04-19-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

any cpu or RAM specs? because a nice set of specs is the only thing that will make me buy one, ive been holding off from buying a 3gs for ages to wait for this and then they bring out... that? really? tbh i hate it and i am gonna b SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOO dissapointed if that is it

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, buuuutttt......those images have been "shopped". I am an expert with Photoshop and I can tell instantly when an image has been altered. Especially from the back where the FCC information has been visually augmented.

The phone itself looks like a Nokia or even a Sony Ericsson. But I can guarantee you it's not an iPhone.

^^ lol it's not photoshopped. Some expert u are

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It was functional and running OS 4.0 at first. Apple remotely wiped the phone and they can turn it on with "connect to iTunes". iTunes recognizes it but they can't even restore it since the iPhone OS for this model doesn't rally exist in the wild or in iTunes yet.
    makes more sense to me now, but even with the OS wiped from the phone itself, wouldnt there be some way to put the 4.0b thats released now? i mean considering the fact that some dev's did find traces of iChat running in the background of the new beta OS, clearly meant for this phone gen. and which would only add another reason to believe that this 'found' phone is legit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berry_lthird View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, buuuutttt......those images have been "shopped". I am an expert with Photoshop and I can tell instantly when an image has been altered. Especially from the back where the FCC information has been visually augmented.

The phone itself looks like a Nokia or even a Sony Ericsson. But I can guarantee you it's not an iPhone.
    What about the 3 or 4 VIDEOS? lol Are those all photoshopped frame by frame?

makes more sense to me now, but even with the OS wiped from the phone itself, wouldnt there be some way to put the 4.0b thats released now? i mean considering the fact that some dev's did find traces of iChat running in the background of the new beta OS, clearly meant for this phone gen. and which would only add another reason to believe that this 'found' phone is legit.
    There are 3 versions of the iPhone OS available. 1,1... 1,2... and 2,1 which are the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. In order for you to be able to restore the newest iPhone you'd have to get your hands on a 2,2 (or 3,1) version of OS 4.0. You can't load a 3GS firmware onto a 2G, 3G o4 in this case a "4G" iPhone.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 04-19-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cool Load 4.0 Beta
    You cannot do that as the UDID would need to be verified with Apple server. You have to be Apple Dev to even try this.(or be on Dev list) Who would risk even trying it. Also how to you get the UDID if it is not shown in iTunes?

Thanks

ahh okay, was just curious as to the fact that itunes recognizes it. But that should be enough proof that this phone is a legitimate iphone, correct?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kil0111 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (04-19-2010)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast