+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Barroom iPhone" Disassembled: Looks Legit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Now that it's "official", I guess the people that screamed "It looks Horrid" will retract their former statements and find an angle in some especially accommodating lighting that makes it
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,709 Times in 845 Posts

Now that it's "official", I guess the people that screamed "It looks Horrid" will retract their former statements and find an angle in some especially accommodating lighting that makes it appear rather beautiful.

You don't want to be caught on the wrong side of the fence, now do you?

I just want to know what the screen looks like, and will I be able to render my mods in high resolution for it? And how would they look?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (04-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    If it is in fact stolen and Chen knew it when he bought it that is illegal.

Now weather its a prototype or not I can bet we will not know till June 2010!

Those are pretty serious claims, and they don't stand up to the evidence. John Gruber is a shameless shill for Apple, he can't help it, he just doesn't use his head when they're involved. In this case, he wants so desperately to "protect them" that he's saying some some pretty bold and unsupported things.

If this was, as he said, a stolen phone that Gizmodo purchased a week ago, then why did Engadget get pictures 2 days ago? The person who stole it took pictures and then waited 5 days to pass those on free of charge (there's no way they paid for blurry rumor photos, and they didn't have the confirmation that they were legit till later) to Engadget? Moreover, why is John Gruber the only one who can get this information? He said he "made some calls" and that "Apple is very interested in getting it back". Why can't anyone else get Apple to confirm its their phone? After all, they don't want to confirm its real.

Also, someone who could STEAL a prototype iPhone would not do it for the amount of money Gizmodo could pay for it. That would be foolish to risk your job and jail for almost nothing.

It just doesn't stand up. They lost the phone. Now, if they want it back, they have to admit its theirs and therefore admit its real. They don't want to do that, so Gizmodo probably gets to keep it.

Thanks

I think it looks really nice! If it be out this summer ill buy 1, just dont tell my wife she will want one too eventhough shes a crackberry fan

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Are there pics of the thing running or disassembled? I don't see the point of this nine second video. We all want to see the thing on not just spun around the table!

EDIT: I guess gizmodo does have some much better videos up on their site. My bad.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-19-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    He talks about all of the new features in a video here:
    This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

I still don't know if I buy it. I'm not going to assume anything with these rumors until the actual event.

I just read the whole article by CHEN @ Gizmodo and it seems legit!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

From what I read I dont think they have been able to turn it on or at least they didn't take pictures of it on they only have it with the connect to itunes screen.

They are really lucky what were the odds you'd find a iPhone 4G/HD at a bar, Heck I'd be happy to find a ipt at a bar but none the less a new iPhone that hasn't been brong to public yet odds of that are who knows what.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dont like how it's gonna be 3 grams heavier.. Anyways does anyone know if T-mobile uses micro sim? Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGarza View Post
    ching chang chong.

let me translate: CHINESE KNOCK-OFF

did you read the whole gizmodo article, its all genuine apple inside and talks with itunes and identifies as an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeJS View Post
    I dont like how it's gonna be 3 grams heavier.. Anyways does anyone know if T-mobile uses micro sim? Thanks
    Nope, but you can just chop off some plastic to get one, lol... other then that its the same as a regular sim.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Are there pics of the thing running or disassembled? I don't see the point of this nine second video. We all want to see the thing on not just spun around the table!

EDIT: I guess gizmodo does have some much better videos up on their site. My bad.
    Its stuck in restore mode.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 04-19-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't believe y'all r buying it... Looks faker than my sis tits.... Look at the side buttons!!! I don't think apple would make such an ugly phone... Plus 84 GB.. How they came up with that.. Hope this isn't it.. Ugly as crap!!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn thing could be glittery pink with unicorns on it, I'm buying the hell out of it. So done with my 3G.

Of all the things that make this scream "legit" is the Micro-SIM card. Ever since it got introduced with the iPad, I knew the new iPhone was going to have it. It's an excellent way to stop unlocking or switching Sim cards around.

Thanks

Apple doesn't put "iPhone" on the back in their prototypes

Green Apple
    Thanks

84GB? i dont think so

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NikeJS View Post
    Three grams isn't going to make much of a difference when compared side by side. Just having a bigger battery is worth a 3 gram weight gain IMO. TMO in the US doesn't use the microsim. ATT will be first to use it with the 3G models of the iPad, and I assume with this next gen iPhone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Im confused, does this confirm there is a front facing camera?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 795 Posts

I'd like to see a vid where the try and connect it to iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by jamp1483 View Post
    Plus 84 GB.. !
    Last edited by dsg; 04-19-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 Times in 5,935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Damn thing could be glittery pink with unicorns on it, I'm buying the hell out of it. So done with my 3G.
    Ditto, I actually like the look, but it wouldn't matter to me, gonna get one for sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I'd like to see a vid where the try and connect it to iTunes
    +1

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joelchoy For This Useful Post:

dsg (04-19-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First of all this is most definately legit. Read gizmo and you'll be convinced. At the very least we are looking at the specs for the next generation iPhone.

The only thing I didn't get was why the micro sim? I believe there may be a few reasons. (most of all #3)

1. It will give people more of a incentive to have the ipad 3G with the iPhone 4G.

2. They need as much space as they can get. If you read gizmo you'll see that every part has been shrunk or miniturized.

3. They can't stop these unlocks that the dev team and geohot keep spitting out at record pace so why not just make the hardware completely incompatible?

Sorry T-Mobile folks. Looks like apple is boxing you out once and for all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Apple doesn't put "iPhone" on the back in their prototypes
    Have you seen previous prototypes then?

Also it may not be a prototype and a pre-production test model which would exhitibit all the form and factor as the final product

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Without a Front-Facing Camera, it's hard for me to think this is legit. I don't see one in the vid or the pics so I call fake. Not to mention 84GIG wtf?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did