+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real or Real Fake: the Curious Case of the iPhone 4G Pics

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i agree with most, i think that the next design may just have that iPad aluminum backing...would be cool
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with most, i think that the next design may just have that iPad aluminum backing...would be cool

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My two cents... it doesn't really matter if that is it or not. We really don't need confirmation that a new phone is coming. We already know that. Just SEEING a blurry picture of the phone tells us what? That another phone is around the corner? As I said, we know that. These images do nothing to tell us of new features or hardware...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'm gonna be one of the few that believe the picture is legit.

The photoshop points that were made appear valid; however, the same points were made about the the iPod Nano 3rd generation when there was a proposed leak which later turned out to be correct.

Also, there have been instances in the past when prototype cases turned out to be very different from the actual release case with Apple... I believe the FIRST iPhone went through this phase when images were leaked.

So, do I believe the picture is legit? Yeah.
    Do I think it may be the actual case? Possibly some derivative of it.

People at Apple ARE testing the iPhone 4G already, I doubt they would have the actual case on and rather appear to be using some "knock-off" phone. That's how leaks are prevented...

Then again, remember to pick up your prototype phone after you flush.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

I believe the pic is legit. Its just nice to look forward to a new iphone product.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knguyen View Post
    I would like the aluminum body like the iPad's and MBP's but I heard the aluminum casing caused some signal interferences in the 1st Gen. That's why they moved to plastic.
    They might have a part that is plastic on top like the 3G iPad
    Writer/Reporter/Graphic Designer

Green Apple
    Thanks

apple reportedly is very interested in getting this phone back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
    Is this still saying that the picture that the person showed that said he bought it from japan is real?? That had to be one of the worst photoshop jobs I have ever seen. I decided to make a little guide to show you some obvious fakes to the photo. And I'm not even going to mention the obvious perspective problems with the image.
    And a quick tip... if there is only one light source, the shine is going to look the same on two objects that are right next to each other and the same shape and size, and as far as the bezel issues, I saw nothing.
    Writer/Reporter/Graphic Designer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fodd1337 View Post
    And a quick tip... if there is only one light source, the shine is going to look the same on two objects that are right next to each other and the same shape and size, and as far as the bezel issues, I saw nothing.
    Yes, that is true if the light source in the exact same position and if the phone is held in the same angle (and it obviously is not) in both pictures, which is highly unlikely. And as for the bezzle, it is very subtle but you can notice a slight bulge on the bezzle.
    Last edited by Dr. House; 04-18-2010 at 11:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nora47 View Post
    apple reportedly is very interested in getting this phone back
    and where is this 'reportedly' comming from?

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

interesting...

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post
    Is this post still saying that the supposed iPhone that someone bought in japan is real?? That had to be one of the worst photoshop jobs I have ever seen. I decided to make a little guide to show you some obvious fakes to the photo by showing it along side the image I believe he copied it from. And I'm not even going to mention the obvious perspective problems with the image.

i don't see the wave-ness but nothing on how the fact there seems to be a backpack int eh background and the hand seems to be not that of an adult adult and how would someone other than like a person who actually looks older have a prototype? i don't think someone that age judging by the look of that hand and stuff would have one. maybe that's just me. also the pics of this news post that thing on the top corner just seems like a external drive i dunno.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

deucalion0 (04-19-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok. I don't usually comment on things but I thought I'd just put some information I just read on several other sites regarding this. This will be difficult as I am posting from my iPhone.

The second picture in this thread of the kid with the red arm has been proven fake by several inconsistecys with the end including a picture of the top released by him which is still curved like the iPhone 3GS and the pper left corner of the picture on here shows it is rounded not like the other.

On ye note of th back being made of class like the front or plastic ate both probably wrong as I believe gruber has found a patent filing in 2006 by Apple whih talked about using ceramics as a backing because it is RF transparent.

As well a member from the place a read earlier with an 18 page thread, looked closely at the inside pictures of the phone, the ones from feb 20, appears as if the side that has th buttons is removed by putting a pin in the whole next to the headphone Jack allowing for batter replacement

Now I don't think I missed anything. Bu if I did I'll be sure to edit this.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. How can people not realize that this isn't the 4th gen iPhone. It's ugly and it's a Chinese knock off.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 04-19-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    Nick wasn't buying it, and sure enough, a user on the Spanish site Applesfera wrote in to say that he'd bought an identical phone - likely a Chinese shanzhai knockoff - in Japan last year. So that's it, right? Just another fake photo in the long series of fake iPhone G4 (the term TiPB is using - as opposed to 4G) photos we've been seeing for about a year.
    The plot has since thickened and the person who submitted the image to Applesfera.com later admitted that he made the story up and that his image was photoshopped. In my mind, that all but seals it. There's no longer any evidence whatsoever that any of these images are fake, and plenty of reason to think they're real.

This is the real deal. It may not look identical to the store-bought unit you get in June, but its definitely a production or pre-production prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    My two cents... it doesn't really matter if that is it or not. We really don't need confirmation that a new phone is coming. We already know that. Just SEEING a blurry picture of the phone tells us what? That another phone is around the corner? As I said, we know that. These images do nothing to tell us of new features or hardware...
    The post you're reading here only summarizes events. We have learned more information from this:

1) Front facing camera
    2) Led-Flash for the rear camera
    3) 80 gigabyte size (this implies a 5 or 10 channel approach, which would result in a serious read/write speed increase -- though not something the iPhone really needed as far as I know)
    4) Microsim instead of full-sized sim
    5) a pinhole near the microphone jack for accessing the battery (similar to pinhole for swapping sim cards, which is now on the side of the phone instead of the top)

That last one, however, may only be for the prototype model. It could easily be something that's useful/necessary for testing purposes but that is never intended to be in the final consumer model (which could do away with the seams by excluding that).

That's what we know about features. Granted it's not a ton, but it's something.
    Last edited by Faxmonkey; 04-19-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay. I like it.
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone NikeJS's Avatar
    Thanks
    I Heard that the shell casing material is a highly durable ceramic enclosure which would have a glass-like appearance but would be stronger, more scratch resistant, and radio transparent.

Thanks

Geez was this picture taken during an earthquake? But then again almost all rumor pics are horrible resolution.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i thought this was the new iPhone???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    On the other hand, maybe he's right that this could be a prototype version Apple's using for testing, and that the released phone will actually look like an iPhone. It still seems really sketchy, though.
    I used to work for Apple in R&D. We made DVT and PVT (Design and Production Verification Test) versions of every new Mac, and every new Mac that didn't make into real production. Many times, the first protos were put in existing cases because the cases of a new design took more time to get built than the circuit boards did.
    We'd go thru a numer of iterations of the actual design of the whole board and resulting computer before it actually went onto the released version of the board and new case or chassis. This is pretty common in the industry.

I'm suspecting it's a proto they are using for various testing.
    Last edited by Clem-Clone; 04-19-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Whoa! All of you are a bunch of busters! Its fake - let it go. Why all the photoshop explanation with the arrows and such? You have so much time on your friggin hands! Pisses me off.

Este vato que se cree? Muy chingon.