+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4G Prototype - Lost And Found

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Someone might be getting fired tomorrow. It turns out that someone had left behind an, what looks to be, an iPhone 4G, or at least some type of prototype. Or
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default iPhone 4G Prototype - Lost And Found

Someone might be getting fired tomorrow. It turns out that someone had left behind an, what looks to be, an iPhone 4G, or at least some type of prototype. Or it could just be someone playing a joke. We've seen a ton of fake iPhones from China, and this might be the same.

Engadget was the first to report this news. Apparently the phone was found on the floor of a San Jose bar inside of an iPhone 3G case. Although it is exciting, a number of users have pointed out that this looks almost like a Twitpic posted by TUDream on February 20th.

The device that was found is reported to have a front facing camera, and 80GB of memory.

I personally don't buy one bit of it. I can't imagine Apple ever releasing something so hideous. The housing is horrendous. But then again, if its a prototype, they might not put that much effort into the housing for this one to preserve some secrecy to what it will really look like.

None the less, here are some more photos from Engadget.

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 04-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow!? if thats real

front face camera?

Thanks

Unlike other iPhone models this one doesn't look that eye candy to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

this doesn't sound very real to me.

Thanks
    It looks like an LG viewty, which is totally gross. I wonder what they mean by inside a 3g case, so it looks like a 3g? am I confused that wouldnt fit! Anyway, it was up on engadget the early hours of this morning and I felt that if they are posting it then perhaps there is some truth to this, I am convinced this could be a prototype where the outside is just a shell and the finished iPhone will be impressive and good looking. I just get the feeling that Apple would not create a phone looking this awful after the 3g and 3gs, which in my opinion is actually beautiful. This prototype is so far from that.

I sold my iPhone 3Gs yesterday to ensure I get the most for it as I'm sure in the next month or two there will be many second hand 3Gs's up for sale and therefore competition and therefore lower sale prices, I miss it so much I keep going to check something on the internet or listen to that Rammstein song and I cant, well not in tescos anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Brandonii's Avatar
    Thanks

How come they didn't show pics of the dock connector being the apple one? Or being connected t osomthing. Or any signs that it is an apple product.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    As tweeter TUdream said:
    "To all those who are replying to me; I found this photo while doing a twitter search for "iPhone 4G", and found this pic and saved this photo from a pic uploaded by a chinese tweeter."

Chinese tweeter? Almost definitely a chinese fake, again.

XVi
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrLnHQ8d3U]YouTube - Apple iPhone 4G LCD + Digitizer Assembly[/ame]
    this video shows a lcd from the "4g" and i would match to the pictures...
    maybe real?!?!

Thanks

Haha if that's the next iPhone I'd definitely buy a case to hide it rather than protect it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks great

Green Apple
    Thanks

If this is real, it won't look like that. Prototypes always have toned down housing, they're to test the inside rather than the cosmetics. After all nobody is supposed to see it... That's what is called financial suicide if they release an iPhone that looks like THAT. My god it's hideous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First of all, in your article you reference Japan as being the source of many knock-offs. You should initially get your geography right. China is the source of many of your knock offs for iphones. Japan isn't into counterfeit or bootleg products.

Secondly, if you're reporting this as possible news, your conjecture in the article sucks!

I personally don't buy one bit of it. I can't imagine Apple ever releasing something so hideous. The housing is horrendous.
    I personally enjoy the look of the phone in question (real or not). Let your readers decide if the device is "horrendous" or "hideous".

Now, if you're not representing yourself or this blog as a source of information and this is strictly an opinion article (like Fox News) then I apologize.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docsnavely For This Useful Post:

Dr. House (04-18-2010), iTouchNinjaz (04-18-2010), NessLookAlike (04-18-2010), Success.Is.Sweet (04-18-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the video showing the LCD/digitizer was clean

def had the longer front like some suggest, and looks like front facing cam is in there as well

as for the pictures, hard to say, obviously a 4g in the wild would not look like a polished finished device, probably a fake, no pics with the phone on, I dunno seems off

@docsnavely what news orginization doesn't inject it's own preception?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

80GB = Fake
    4GB - 8GB - 16GB - 32GB - 64GB - 128GB = logically progression of flash memory.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (04-18-2010), prankz55 (04-18-2010), Success.Is.Sweet (04-18-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like a prototype for the original iphone 2g that they chose not to use. Definitely not a 4g prototype

Thanks

Horrible ... i wud prefer sticking to my iPhone 3GS ... I am sure Apple cannot produce such **** ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

very bad !

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Read about this yesterday on Engadget...doubt it's real. I don't think Apple would go with the flat square look on the sides of the phone.

Thanks

It's ok but...not in my alley....I waiting for e new iPhone and sprints 4G to hit new York so i can get the overdrive working on 4g
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well, it sure looks like a prototype, and it does have a front facing camera. There's only one way to find out. TURN THAT BAD BOY ON AND SEE IF ITS RUNNING AN IPHONE OS!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast