+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: June iPhone Confirmation in AT&T Vacation Block?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
lawl
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

lawl

Thanks

it better be able to work on verizon so i can go on wind here in canada

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey jdm.accord can you explain your comments please

pay more then 150 a month+my wife iphone bill near 100, which is also in my name but last month some one runaway my iphone 3gs so I went to AT&T and they charged me 399.

can you just explain your point !!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

My credit card is ready... :-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    hey jdm.accord can you explain your comments please

pay more then 150 a month+my wife iphone bill near 100, which is also in my name but last month some one runaway my iphone 3gs so I went to AT&T and they charged me 399.

can you just explain your point !!!!!
    Well if you have (or had) a 3GS you won't be able to able to upgrade till a year from your purchase and since it hasn't been a year since the 3GS was released, you obviously can't upgrade at the contract price yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

regardless of price you pay per month, at&t locks you into a 2 year contract and they allow you to upgrade at 18 months (it seems like only the iphone). BUT, if you have more than one line where phone A was purchased in 08, and phone B was purchased in 09, phone A will be available to upgrade in 10. phone B will be able to upgrade in 11... making it seem like a yearly upgrade (at the subsidized cost). you just have to alternate the lines

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    regardless of price you pay per month, at&t locks you into a 2 year contract and they allow you to upgrade at 18 months (it seems like only the iphone). BUT, if you have more than one line where phone A was purchased in 08, and phone B was purchased in 09, phone A will be available to upgrade in 10. phone B will be able to upgrade in 11... making it seem like a yearly upgrade (at the subsidized cost). you just have to alternate the lines
    That isn't completely right. Your scenario works as well, but they do in fact allow their users to upgrade their phones every 12 months so long as the bill is over $100. There are also special "provisions" for those working for ATT, Best Buy, and probably other places that sell ATT contracts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep in mind iPhone 3gs with new contract $199 No contract 599 contract buyout 175 buyout 175+199=374 makes new iPhone 374 not 599 if pricing stays the same I will pay that (again)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    lol this "news" has been on CNET's site for 3+ days now.

Not necessarily. AT&T does annual iPhone upgrades if you spend more than $100 per month. So I get annual upgrades since I have my wife on my plan as well. And its the full upgrade. I paid only $199 for my 3GS after paying only $199 for my 3G in '08.
    They never offered me the 1 year full upgrade. I have 5 phones, iphone 3gs and blackberry curve (edge only, it is my wifes so I dont care) and just 3 plain phones for my parents and sister and my monthly bill is 220.00 and that is with a comcast employee discount.

The discount with comcast and at&t helps cause if I have to get a phone before the 2 years are up, I pay half of the full price of the phone (excludes iphones). I know it sounds high but I got a blackberry and a old tilt for 50 less than the 2 year contract discount. However since I have several phones i just use the available upgrade on my parents line and then put the phone on my number waalaa

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12