Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbreak is Released

Green Apple
    Thanks
    With working phones probably yeah. But all I have is a $300 ipod at the moment. I just got back from vacation and had to rely on this thing to make reservations and find restaurants and stuff. It really sucked having to walk a block down the road just to get a random free wifi signal, then plan ahead of time and google maps some other destination and leave it in cache so I can look at it again later.

Why did you buy an iPhone you can't use? Shouldn't you have just bought the HD2 in the first place if that's what you can use on your carrier?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got mixed up with the jailbreak rules regarding firmware updates and locked myself out of the phone

Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Old Bootrom MB718LL iOS4
    Hi guys I have been given an iPhone from states side, that is Unlocked and not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before.

It's an iPhone 3GS
    Version 4.0(8A293)
    Model MB718LL
    Modem Firmware 05.13.04

My question is can this be Jailbroken? As for SH Blobs, as mentioned earlier am not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before, or SH Blobs saved elsewhere. For now lets assume never.

Kindly advise if the Snowbreeze 1.6 method mentioned at he start can work on this, or which other method would work.

Cheers.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for.
    Socrates

You should be OK with the 4 soon - then you can get rid of the HD2 - if you want too.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Just ordered my 4.. so excited! jailbreak or no. or bad reception dont care just want
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Please forgive me if i am asking a dumb question.I have a i phone 3gs and went to apples website and downloaded the 4.0 software. But now my phone is locked i have service with t-mobile how can i get my signal back. Will i have to unlock or jailbreak to get my signal back.Please let me know Thank You.

It depends on what jailbreak method was used before. You need to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackrain again. Look for a thread to downgrade it. I did mine and its working fine.

You need to jailbreak again. Can you post model# and firmware on your next message.
    Last edited by estesi; 07-14-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

model# is mb717ll firmware 05.13.04. Thanks for info

If you didn't save your SHSH for 3.12 you can not JB 4
    If you saved your SHSH for 3.13 only you can downgrade to 3.13 and use Spirit then UltraSn0w.
    If you don't have any SHSH you are SOL
    Foe now.

What did you use to jailbreak the first time on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3? If u used blackra1n your in bussiness.

It makes absolutely no difference without having the SHSH saved.

I went back to 3.1.2 from 4.0 jailbreak with blackra1n on my Mc model and its working fine.

Yes, and with a 3GS you can't do that without your SHSH

Sorry Buddy
    3gs Model. Mc138ll

The model number has nothing to do with it, but like I said, you can not restore a 3GS that is on 4.0 with 3.xx unless you have your SHSH saved.

Can i just keep 4.0 update on for now and then jaibreak when the 4.0 jailbreak is released or will i have to downgrade frist to jailbreak 4.0. I did not jailbreak phone the frist time i took it to radio shack and they jailbroke it for me. This time i want to do it myself. But when i downloaded 4.0 i did back up my 3.12 software. I need step by step instructions.

Stay where you are and wait. Make sure you have your 4.0 blobs saved:
    iphone_dev twitter

3GS, ipt3G, iPhone4 users (regardless of current FW or JB status) should backup 4..0 SHSH blobs The Firmware Umbrella

19. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

johnnie_jr243 (07-20-2010)

Default newbie
    HOW DO YOU BACK UP 4.0 SHSH. I am a newbie and meed help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What's the jb process since 4.1 is released?

Just kidding

Lol

Hahaha

Patiently waiting just like everyone else or maybe that's impatiently waiting. I dunno
    Last edited by mj0528; 07-15-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast