Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbreak is Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

I am on 3.1.3 3gs.. Is there a safe way to update the phone to ios 4.0 without loosing the jailbreak? So I can unlock it later on?

anyone know how jailbreak iphone 3gs 4.0?

Why the duplicate post?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Sorry, I'm a newbie as you can probably tell.

Just a quick simple question.

I have a 3GS updated to 4.0, can this be jailbroken?

Could someone PM me please

There is no way to JB iOS 4 on a 3GS except via pwnage. To see if your device can use pwnage read Dev-Team Blog - foursome news
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

so how do I know if I can or not?

Have you actually read the blog post I linked to where it's all explained?

yer but it says about it having to be jailbroken already and something about bootrom and stuff which i dont get, sorry

If you are not already Jailbroken and do not have your blobs for 3.12 on file you can not JB.

Quote Originally Posted by FulchJ View Post
    yer but it says about it having to be jailbroken already and something about bootrom and stuff which i dont get, sorry
    You CANNOT JB yet. Just wait it out.

It's also only for devices that have already been pwned and on old BootRom - Not that the site you link to mentions this.
    Sites that give partial information like that are very likely to result in people loosing their JB/Unlock
    Last edited by confucious; 06-28-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Just downgraded to 3.1.2 from os 4.0 on my 3gs MC model

So now you can Pwn your phone with RedSn0w and then upgrade to 4.0 using pwnage.

I don't have a mac available at this time. Will do as soon as I get one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there - now - does this actually - get it to work in multitasking....
    I was under the impression that multitasking - not in any form - was available on the 3G phone....

I would also like to ask your opinion - on the facts - that two different "jailbreaks" - can produce two ever so slightly varying results in the iPhone..??? .... I say this as concordance to the fact that these very complicated electronic computers - are so full of such a lot of complicated - extensive software routines - that such slight variances - could be very subtle - but only ever noticeable - changes in operations of some apps....

Being a scientist - I would like to check these out for my self... I would really like to know if you could help me locate the HASH number - testing algorithm used - to generate the HASH sequence - as displayed for iOS 4.0... please...??? - secondly - where could I get Pwnage Tool 4.01... for the PC..(windows) system..

I have the Pwnage Tool 4.01.dmg file already... and I also have the - reds0w 0.9.5b-4 programs, and routines...

I would really appreciate - any and all help in this regard...

Thanks for the tip as well... (I used PC suite...135) to change the text - and I hereby also noticed the huge differences in the file structure - iOS4.0 to 3.X ...(Oh **** - does things not just stay simple.!!!..???)

My Kindest Regards
    Cardac (Spencer Sabatta)
    Roodepoort
    South Africa
    ([email protected])

A good place to start is Kaatje's blog at Decrypting iPhone/iPod IPSW’s – The ABCs|TGIL, Inc

I'm patiently waiting...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Already bought an HTC HD2. Just dont have time for it anymore.

It has only been like 2 weeks since the iPhone 4 release. People have waited a lot longer than that for jailbreaks/unlocks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-08-2010)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast