+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is Hiring for The iPad Team: Calling All Camera Experts!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In what some are considering to be incontrovertible evidence that Apple is adding still and video camera functionality to a future iPad model, there is a job opening at Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple is Hiring for The iPad Team: Calling All Camera Experts!

In what some are considering to be incontrovertible evidence that Apple is adding still and video camera functionality to a future iPad model, there is a job opening at Apple that portends favorably for those hoping that the new tablet will ultimately get a camera of some sort.

Even though the job listing was posted two month ago (shortly after the tablet was announced), the opening was discovered only this week.

So what does the job entail exactly? Well, here's what Apple is looking for: a "Performance QA Engineer, iPad Media" to assist Apple's Interactive Media Group. Most interestingly, however, the individual who becomes Apple's newest software quality engineer is required to have extensive experience pertinent to still, video, and audio capture and playback frameworks.

Apple wants this person to help take the media experience "to the next level." How would that be achieved exactly? More than likely, via the iPad. And while both new and prospective iPad owners don't have a laundry list of complains about the new device - at least not yet anyway - a recurring complaint is that the tablet lacks the trusty camera we've all come to know and love via our iPhones.

While the initial reaction to the job posting prompted many to link the opening exclusively to the iPad and its future updated versions, let's not forget about future generations of the iPhone. The iPhone OS 3.2 SDK, after all, has turned up references to "video chat," resulting, naturally, in speculation that Apple could push a front-facing camera in forthcoming upgraded mobile devices.

Ultimately, there's no definitive information about what the new hire at Apple will actually do. But the developments that could result from the new position are just too exciting to ignore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont think they will hire just because of adding camera...

Thanks

true

What's Jailbreak? francesthemute19's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems plausible to me
    Reaching out to embrace the random..

Thanks

i hate how companies, not just apple, will release a model of a product without certain features that are deemed standard for such devices. It's even more annoying to see how people rush to stores to buy or order these products and know they are getting screwed over. It's obvious that they are going to release much better models of the ipad eventually and for less money. Apple is getting much more cynical with their popularity and they continue to walk all over the people who support them the most.
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did Apple opt to exclude a couple fetures that most would consider essential? Yes, why, who knows, will that stop me from buying, depends on the feature, the camera not bieng there is minor to me. The fact that it cannot be used as a mass storage device is terrible, but I can still live with it, the fact that it really does not have a real meaningful hard drive capabile of even housing all my music, is a pain, but again not stopping me from getting it, just enough to *****. the dealbreaker, and still not quita dealbreaker is the fact that it is not setup to print. that is absurd, considering what they made it for. the idea was, from my point of view to be a tablet style netbook, combined with a itouch and E-reader. set to replace all of those. That in mind the no print is the biggest letdown to me, even though I did buyone, and for now it is doing great as a E-reader, and itouch, and halfway decent as a netbook. It still need the print and flash support to be okay as the netbook

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very interesting...I think they may be looking for people beyond just adding a camera. Maybe video chat or something like that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_7318 View Post
    i hate how companies, not just apple, will release a model of a product without certain features that are deemed standard for such devices. It's even more annoying to see how people rush to stores to buy or order these products and know they are getting screwed over. It's obvious that they are going to release much better models of the ipad eventually and for less money. Apple is getting much more cynical with their popularity and they continue to walk all over the people who support them the most.
    Dude thats how a business works...
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

For just to make a built-in camera?! Why Apple? You could have done this a long time ago!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavids View Post
    Did Apple opt to exclude a couple fetures that most would consider essential? Yes, why, who knows, will that stop me from buying, depends on the feature, the camera not bieng there is minor to me. The fact that it cannot be used as a mass storage device is terrible, but I can still live with it, the fact that it really does not have a real meaningful hard drive capabile of even housing all my music, is a pain, but again not stopping me from getting it, just enough to *****. the dealbreaker, and still not quita dealbreaker is the fact that it is not setup to print. that is absurd, considering what they made it for. the idea was, from my point of view to be a tablet style netbook, combined with a itouch and E-reader. set to replace all of those. That in mind the no print is the biggest letdown to me, even though I did buyone, and for now it is doing great as a E-reader, and itouch, and halfway decent as a netbook. It still need the print and flash support to be okay as the netbook

Dude, are you high? you just named ALL the reasons not to get an Ipad, but did.?

Thanks

Sweet I love my iPad now can't wait for version 2
    Keithsta

Thanks

u.hhhhhhhh....
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol guess well see a camera with video or picture only nxt year

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, could you imagine holding that huge iPod up to take a picture? LOL!
    They would have to make a tripod for it!