Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stupid "Jailbrake" Scam Spreads Malware

Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    gotta love OS X =]
    you need help.

Who doesn't p0sixninja just release now ? He promised by the end of the month and there is no new firmware until then, so he can just release!

Being new to the iphone and jailbreaking, if I had not registered here at mmi, i probably would have fallen for this. That doesn't go to say that one should always read more about the subject from different sources before they download the first piece of software they find. Being stuck on 3.1.3 because I didn't understand what tethered meant is really annoying.
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

This virus only attacks windows users, the iphone was made under apple, attack an apple computer ffs and LEAVE US ALONE! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post
    Who doesn't p0sixninja just release now ? He promised by the end of the month and there is no new firmware until then, so he can just release!
    ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

"Jailbrake" FAIL!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey guys lets go "jailbrake" our iphones! and get some pretty trojan viruses in the process!

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

this is why i will only use a jailbreak made by geohot

"It's a shame people are actually that stupid to do that."

Yes, these are the same people that are in too much of a rush to bother to learn or read anything. Instant gratification + the typical Windows user equals this mess.

Thanks

What's "jailbrake?" lol

Man, these people are retarded.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

Kil0111 (04-14-2010)

I watched like 30 youtube tutorials before going ahead with it. And boy were those horrible videos too

Truth be told, as much as I like this site, until you are on it a bit you would not know if you could even trust this site. Forums are a dime a dozen, wfor example there are over 20 dirt bike forums, and the only one really worth looking at for 4 stroke bikes is thumper talk, I know because I spent a lot of time in a lot of them. Same thing here, this is a great site but it takes time to figure it out and trust it. As for jail breaking, I have had a iPhone since the first day they were available up to now a 3GS with 3.1.3. Up to now I really felt no need to jailbreak mine I was happy. Now I need the jailbreak to mywi. So that I can tether my iPad. Other than that here really is not too much I need out of the jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,182 Times in 6,199 Posts

^ with over 600,000 members world wide, I'd say you could trust this forum.

With members that include the various dev teams. And members that are not officially part of the teams but help and work with them.

stupid peoples
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idesideratum View Post
    you need help.

i really wish i cared enough about what you thought. lmao
    Last edited by Kil0111; 04-14-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^ with over 600,000 members world wide, I'd say you could trust this forum.
    With what?

Just curious but how do you guys really know all the software from this site is safe? It is a leap of faith to trust and use free programs found on the internet, especially when said program is used for circumventing security measures put in place by the manufacturer. I will never get to know the people offering this software; I suspect it is the same for 99% of the users. So the reality is we must take a strangers word that the software is safe if we want to use it. Sure participating and discussing things in forums may make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but it only marginally increases the chance you will get safe software. The people who get scammed may be naive, but I disagree they should branded as stupid.

Below is what I received after trying to run the latest redsn0w on my windows machine. The file was retrieved by following links provided in these forums, in the thread setup to help people with redsn0w.

Now I realize it could just be a false positive, but how does one truly know? The way people brag on this site I should have no worries, but the fact is unless I have the skill to check things for myself or have a trusted friend who can (someone I talk to face to face) I will never know. For those who can afford a Mac PC with OS-X, donít let the fact those systems are a minority in the PC world give you a false sense of security. The day will come when the bad people of this earth will find you and take advantage of any flaws in that system.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I wouldn't trust any link that I post. But everything else should be fine

SB can be shady, I mean just look at the 4.0 threads.

Hay guy's iv just payed over £20 for software to jailbreak and unlock 3.1.3 with my first of 2 phones

form

automaticiphoneunlocker

and the same software is on the web site
    i now see for the first time how this boot rom works
    i bought a 3Gs from a mate yesterday with 3.1.2 on it
    every time switch it off the connect to itunes comes up , this is the new boot rom

iv now got 2 phones in jail
    Last edited by Cer0; 04-15-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast