+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 4th Gen iPhone May Debut June 22nd

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
That is over two months away. CAn't Wait.
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    999
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    That is over two months away. CAn't Wait.

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    1,544
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts

    Excellent. I may have the 3GS, but I'll certainly be considering an upgrade... :-)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  3. #23
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    Very Very correct, My sister is a executive corporate sales manager at verizon and she hates the fact that we can do both at the same time. So why downgrade to a pinto if your lexus just needs new tires?

    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    If the iPhone hits Verizon, then all of Apple's claims about "surfing while talking" and "the fastest 3G network" would be null and void. Why would they downgrade to a network like Verizon? (Verizon fanboiz, feel free to tear me apart, but facts are facts. More customers doesn't mean a better product/service by any means. Just like with Mac OS.)

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    If the iPhone hits Verizon, then all of Apple's claims about "surfing while talking" and "the fastest 3G network" would be null and void. Why would they downgrade to a network like Verizon? (Verizon fanboiz, feel free to tear me apart, but facts are facts. More customers doesn't mean a better product/service by any means. Just like with Mac OS.)
    I agree, I still think we won;t see a fULLY cdma Verizon version of the iPhone, however VZW have plans to have the LTE network for data in mayor markets by the 4Q of 2010, so technically the phone can use the LTE for data and the CDMA for voice and be able to do both at the same time. (highly unlikely in my opinion, but technically possible)

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valrico, FL
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unless VZW is going to push a HSPA network layer before the LTE rollout like some of the Canadian CDMA providers have done.

  6. #26
    Green Apple vampr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Damn it...I thunk I've become a 'fanboy'...just bought a 64g ipad yesterday and can't wait for the new iPhone...

  7. #27
    Developer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    My problems with this article is there is source links to show that Apple has booked a conference center, and not even a name of the center in question. It's very vague and fuzzy.

    Apple has only announced ONE iPhone outside of WWDC, and that was the original iPhone which was announced at MacWorld 2007. All of these events were at Moscone West during conferences. The last un-named "Corporate Event" that was scheduled at Moscone (now removed) is from June 23-24 as reported last month. I really doubt Apple would do a two day developer conference, 5 days was enough to cram together all of the iPhone and Mac. This year they add the iPad as well.

    Current look at the Moscone Schedule shows NOTHING for the final two weeks of June.

    If Apple were to announce an iPhone in late June, it'd be on June 21st or June 28th, the first day of whatever week WWDC ends up being. If WWDC is delayed til late summer/early fall and Apple wants to do an announcement of an iPhone in June/July they'd either do it at Yerba Buena Gardens or at Apple HQ. They wouldn't rent out Moscone for a simple announcement.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

  8. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    That is over two months away. CAn't Wait.
    me2 although not schedule for an upgrade to september by then it should be jailbroke and everything so a welcome delay

  9. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lmatute View Post
    I agree, I still think we won;t see a fULLY cdma Verizon version of the iPhone, however VZW have plans to have the LTE network for data in mayor markets by the 4Q of 2010, so technically the phone can use the LTE for data and the CDMA for voice and be able to do both at the same time. (highly unlikely in my opinion, but technically possible)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Very Very correct, My sister is a executive corporate sales manager at verizon and she hates the fact that we can do both at the same time. So why downgrade to a pinto if your lexus just needs new tires?
    hmmm ;p
    killall Terminal[]

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic D to the M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    So does the announcement of a new phone equal its availability?


    I'm holding out for the new gen. If new hardware doesn't come out this year i'm just gonna get a 3GS on craigslist or something. I can't give up my iphone even though the nexus one looks delicious.

    the one thing i ask with the new hardware....more battery life for the love of all that is holy.

    faster processor (faster than 3gs) would be second.

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    iPhone 4G and OS4.0....yes, yes, yes....YES PLEASE!

  12. #32
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    I will finally upgrade from my 2g to 4g when it comes out that is if it's fully jailbroken otherwise no sale.

  13. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default NO JB for 2 more months...
    2 More months without an untethered JB. I hope they can find another hole so they can release it earlier...

  14. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    719
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    So does the announcement of a new phone equal its availability?


    I'm holding out for the new gen. If new hardware doesn't come out this year i'm just gonna get a 3GS on craigslist or something. I can't give up my iphone even though the nexus one looks delicious.

    the one thing i ask with the new hardware....more battery life for the love of all that is holy.

    faster processor (faster than 3gs) would be second.

    Hey D, I ordered a Nexus One on the 8th, and I'm sending it back today. My first impression was I loved it, thought it was the best thing since the original iphone, but after playing around with it for a week, it just doesn't have the functionality, UI, and ease of use as my jailbroken 3GS. The screen is beautiful, but the lack of full screen video display, no flash 10.1 at the moment, and the horrible UI on most comparable apps, just made me miss my 3GS even more.

    I'm still looking forward to the new iphone though...I'll probably upgrade once again.

  15. #35
    iPhoneaholic D to the M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Finally an open review of the iphone vs nexus one from an iphone user. I couldn't find one until yet.

    Also the volume needs to be louder and vibrate needs to be harder.

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    4th generation iphone? let me see, higher speed internet, and.. what else? zoom in/out camera? lol

  17. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    i want to see the pictures of the new iphone 4th gen. =[

  18. #38
    Green Apple ~Steve Jobs~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    killadelphia
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    I will finally upgrade from my 2g to 4g when it comes out that is if it's fully jailbroken otherwise no sale.
    dude seriously? a 2g? come on...

  19. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ty22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    its going to have to be a revolution like the first one was or im going android and or web OS
    If not the next iPhone, for sure go for a pre plus on Verizon, if not, go for the EVO 4G.

  20. #40
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Great, queue the millions of crying "it's not fair, why won't apple give me ther next phone worth 500 for free because I bought their last one, boo hoo hoo, I hate apple, i want everything for free..." I can't wait, not.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts