Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Multitasking on iPhone 3G/iPod touch 2G

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodgod2 View Post
    That the point if you a 2g/3g...if you don't want it then don't use it...it is understandable that it will be slow if you background a lot heavy app, but at least give people the option to choose. That why apple gave the dumb *** excuse as the " hardware can't support it".
    This is one instance where I agree with Apple not giving the choice. Idiots who don't know better will complain and their tech support will be flooded with "my 3G crashed while multitasking". The problem with making an ultra easy to use UI and product is it attracts people who don't know wtf they are doing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone 4.0 OS
    [FREE]---> Activating UDIDs for the 4.0 OS software BETA
    Contact me At chuckiesk8 @ gmail . com

won't the iPhones 4.0 multitasking be more efficiant than proswitcher or other multitasking apps?

if so then I don't get the issue

my 3g is no speed deamon but withno winterboard installed all useless deamons and langpacks deleted it runs proswitcher just fine, never crashes and mem sits just above 50m, so if this is the case I'll be looking forward to proswitcher being ported to 4.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree with sziklassy completely, their genius bar would be flooded by non-tech savvy customers.

And I don't really see what the big deal is, the iPhone 3G is 2 years old, that's an eternity when it comes to technology, just be happy they're even giving you 4.0 when most (all?) android phones released 2 years ago don't have eclair

Thanks

Not recommended for iPhone 2G and iPod touch 1G. Mainly due to RAM issues which will cause some applications to lag and battery consumption.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

i heavily multitask on my 16Gb 3G and i never have any issues with lag. im 3.1.3 jailbroken (sadly got 3.1.3 after i had to warantee return my phone) and use backrounder with proswitcher. After deleting unneeded launch daemons and language packs, i hit about 70mb free and can easily backround mail, safari, TomTom, ipod, and be playing a game like fat-a-pult with no lag at all. Yes im 100% sure i have a 3g, not 3gs.

i see no issues with multitasking on older devices especially if the 4.0 MT is supposed to be better than backrounder.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    i heavily multitask on my 16Gb 3G and i never have any issues with lag. im 3.1.3 jailbroken (sadly got 3.1.3 after i had to warantee return my phone) and use backrounder with proswitcher. After deleting unneeded launch daemons and language packs, i hit about 70mb free and can easily backround mail, safari, TomTom, ipod, and be playing a game like fat-a-pult with no lag at all. Yes im 100% sure i have a 3g, not 3gs.

i see no issues with multitasking on older devices especially if the 4.0 MT is supposed to be better than backrounder.
    It sounds to me like you modified your OS. This is fine, but Apple of course will not do this. Hence, your statements are largely irrelevant.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Good cause my wife was pissed about that
    Keithsta

Thanks

I suppose we must consider ourselves lucky iPhones are powered by flash memory. If it was magnetic hard drive then we wouldn't ever dream about multitasking.
    No need to thank me, I'm not a helpful person.

^that's what ram is for.

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

You'll want to upgrade, the lag will be annoying on a 2G/3G iPhone. The new phone will kick trash anyway

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

cool, i see a tweek showing up on cydia as soon as os 4 comes out that will enable it!

come on steve i can understand the 2G but 3G thats just a bunch of BS i knew they where hiding it

Thanks
    So what non jailbreak SSH should I get???
    For OSX 10.6
    Last edited by hellrazor35; 04-12-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

can't wait!
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

iPhone? More like MyPhone roeiboot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellrazor35 View Post
    So what non jailbreak SSH should I get???
    i like to know as well... unable to get in it with WiFi and WinSCP.
    ~rb 

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

The aforementioned option does not exist on my 16gb 3G.

are you stupid why would you let this out so early! now i bet they will patch it so the underclass devices have a seperate download. im really hoping for this not to be found and eventually get a package in cydia for many users to easily use. i know i could do this myself and blah blah blah, but it takes about a week of knowledge to be able to navigate your iphone/ipods directory and succesfully change things without messing something up. and many users would rather just download something.

also, i really think cydia could run faster and i'm really disappointed cydia still runs like a dinosaur.

anyone know which directory path to get to this plist file?
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    You'll want to upgrade, the lag will be annoying on a 2G/3G iPhone. The new phone will kick trash anyway
    well, thats debatable, obviously apple most likely refined multitasking so it runs much lighter than current multitasking apps in cydia, and those run pretty smooth on simple apps. as long as you don't have to many apps at once or have really big ones open at the same time. I think they just don't want it for the weaker devices because they don't want you to open a bunch of stuff at the same time and run the risk of a springboard crash.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast