Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iChat Features Hidden Within iPhone OS 4.0

ow thatthe best can wait new iphone rel 4 and ipad

cant wait til the next iphone comes out

Default iChat
    Quote Originally Posted by blkeagle1 View Post
    You can use iChat with an aim account too. Not just MobileMe.
    you can also use GOOGLE, JABBER, AIM as well...

Who cares about iChat? I'm sure even if the next iPhone has a user facing camera, they'll let developers use it too. So that means Skype would probably soon use that too. And Skype is free.

If Apple got this for the iPhone, no other cellphone competitor would touch Apple.
    If I helped thank me!

cool i can't wait till this feature works

Default How background Apps work.
    If you just try to see how background apps work in 4.0 you'll see what iChat services are doing there.

No third party apps can stay in memory, they are terminated and saved as memory snapshot as soon as you press home button.

Then how would other background services work? They work using built in Apple services that are running in the background and are optimized to run as services.

The foreground app will pass on information like title, connectivity, protocol and other VOIP settings to the background service and would terminate normally, from there on iPhone's internal services will take up the charge and do everything needed for that service to keep on working and alive, even the normal running apps now have to use Apples built in service for this process, thus voice quality now only depends on compression all optimization has to be done on Apple OS side.

It still doesn't allow background services for developers, same goes for every other service, background location works the same way, the developer has to make a web service on their server about receiving location, specifically sent by iPhone OS 4.0, this is how Loopit would be able to track you.

This isn't real multitasking at all, its just a way to fake multitasking when it doesn't even exist, but it'll do the job for now till we could get better mobile processor that could actually handle true multitasking without lagging out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123