+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Musclenerd Reveals iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
These days, the jailbreaks are coming fast and furious. The iPhone dev has an exploit that apparently works like a charm for iPhone OS 4.0. Musclenerd (of iPhone Dev Team)
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Musclenerd Reveals iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbreak

These days, the jailbreaks are coming fast and furious.

The iPhone dev has an exploit that apparently works like a charm for iPhone OS 4.0. Musclenerd (of iPhone Dev Team) has just released a new YouTube video revealing a jailbroken iPhone OS 4.0 with VNC server App. Unfortunately, the vid is brief and reveals nothing about the actual jailbreak. Obviously, we can only assess that the iPhone OS 4.0 is jailbroken because the VNC server doesn't come with stock iPhone 04 4.0 firmware.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgriOT_9kI&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgriOT_9kI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Sadly, just as we have to wait for the new iPhone hardware, the iPhone Dev Team similarly won't reveal the iPhone OS 4.0 Jailbreak solution until Apple rolls out the new iPhone later this summer.

If it seems that new Apple releases are getting hacked faster and faster, you would be right. On April 4th, the day after the iPad's release, MMI reported that MuscleNerd had already gained root access to the iPad using using Spirit, comex's jailbreak solution. He was able to install non-approved applications, not mentioned run them simultaneously - kind of like the multitasking capabilities that Apple has now officially sanctioned.

Apple will release (the jailbreakable) iPhone OS 4 this summer for both the iPhone and iPod Touch. For iPad owners, however, the OS get the red carpet roll out until this fall. But the excitement surrounding the jailbreak potential of the OS is, indeed, palpable within the jailbreak community. And, consequently, it will be an exciting year for us all.

Image via Musclenerd
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-09-2010 at 11:03 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

armit (04-09-2010), dmaximob (04-09-2010), mr.sparky (04-09-2010), nickxab (04-09-2010), reanimationxp (04-11-2010), reaves205 (04-09-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sadly i have the iPhone 3G, I really love the new Multitask but it will probably run slow [IF IT DID GET ON THE 3G]
    Last edited by RonHC; 04-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't wait..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Didn't know the iPhone was capable of being a VNC server, this is gonna have cool applications for the iPad though

Thanks

Who cares abou os 4.0 where is the jb for 3.1.3? U guys are ahead of te game. I say baby steps

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

i too have a 3g but if its done by apple hopefully they will have 3g owners in mind so multitasking might work ... but still 4.0 should be a great upgrade and good to know its already jailbroken so nothing really to worry about with the older phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Knew it if themes still work I will update maybe they will be able to port multitasking

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imsorussian View Post
    Who cares abou os 4.0 where is the jb for 3.1.3? U guys are ahead of te game. I say baby steps
    A majority of iphone/ipod users will care about 4.0.

Almost NO ONE cares about the 3.1.3 USELESS update that does nothing of value for anyone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you'll have it when the 3g ipad rolls out...

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

i just can't wait for these goodies... (4.0 cuse it got alot of stuff like homescreen wallpaper finally apple!!! and of course lockscreen wallpaper... yeah i know i already have all that on my 3.1.2 3gs white 32gig iphone...but still is cool.. know i could finally make playlist on my iphone on the go how cool is that if you ask me lol yeah baby...you could make playlist on itunes yeah we know...but on the iphone itsel nice... and about time we could make folders...nice i know (categories) jailbroken iphones... tell me about it.. i really can't wait to get my iphone 4g 4.0!!! then jailbreak time... best of both world....and another iphone to add to my collection lol yeah baby... got all of them since day one... 2007 june 30...memories....wow i miss apptapp (a.k.a installer) firmware 1.0.2 when jailbrake/hacked was introduce to the iphone...like i said memories...sorry guys i felt like writting a little bit...just some thoughts...peace to all....
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

Thanks

[sarcasm]im sure everyone here would rather have the jailbreak for software that fixes a battery issue rather then one for software that allows multitasking, wallpaper changes, bluetooth keyboards, and more! what are the devs thinking! [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    i just can't wait for these goodies... (4.0 cuse it got alot of stuff like homescreen wallpaper finally apple!!! and of course lockscreen wallpaper... yeah i know i already have all that on my 3.1.2 3gs white 32gig iphone...but still is cool.. know i could finally make playlist on my iphone on the go how cool is that if you ask me lol yeah baby...you could make playlist on itunes yeah we know...but on the iphone itsel nice... and about time we could make folders...nice i know (categories) jailbroken iphones... tell me about it.. i really can't wait to get my iphone 4g 4.0!!! then jailbreak time... best of both world....and another iphone to add to my collection lol yeah baby... got all of them since day one... 2007 june 30...memories....wow i miss apptapp (a.k.a installer) firmware 1.0.2 when jailbrake/hacked was introduce to the iphone...like i said memories...sorry guys i felt like writting a little bit...just some thoughts...peace to all....
    please type properly instead of like a 10 year old...cause i mean...dont these...dots get annoying...at all?...cause i mean...it makes the whole post....impossible to read...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ikesmasher For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (04-09-2010), reanimationxp (04-11-2010), Windmeel (04-09-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It probably won't be released before 4.0 goes live to the general public. I am assuming the jailbreak they created for 3.1.3 is the same exploit being utilized in 4.0 and if they release it now Apple will surely patch it to the final revision of 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    i too have a 3g but if its done by apple hopefully they will have 3g owners in mind so multitasking might work ... but still 4.0 should be a great upgrade and good to know its already jailbroken so nothing really to worry about with the older phone
    They already said in the keynote that it won't...

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    [sarcasm]im sure everyone here would rather have the jailbreak for software that fixes a battery issue rather then one for software that allows multitasking, wallpaper changes, bluetooth keyboards, and more! what are the devs thinking! [/sarcasm]
    I agree with most of what you said, but what about those that PURCAHSED their phones with 3.1.3. Surely they care about this. I don't feel bad for the idiots that automatically update before reading up on a thing, but it still sucks for those (like my girlfriend) who bought their phones with 3.1.3 installed for them. That said (and see my above post), I wouldn't give up a 4.0 JB on launch for 3.1.3 JB now
    Last edited by sziklassy; 04-09-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (04-11-2010)

Thanks

Is it the same exploit as the 3.2 one? Cause that would be sad. A lot of people were patiently waiting for the 3.2 iPad JB that was held back so 3.2 iPhone/iPod can get it too. Now they might have to wait another 2-3 months.

This is PROBABLY for the best. But this is exactly why Geohot is a more exciting guy to follow. Finding NEW exploits is part of the game, not sitting on one for more than half a year. Would be funny if Apple suddenly patches the final build.
    Last edited by itaintrite; 04-09-2010 at 11:56 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgm214's Avatar
    Thanks

hopefully ih8sn0w can release a jb for this based on past exploits like he did for 3.0 betas. i can definitely see him making sn0wbreeze compatible with this
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oooh another video!!! (Sarcarsm)its so wonderfull!!! How many till now?!

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah 3.1.3 first... i need it jailbroken so i can recover my pictures/videos

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Now i am ready to buy the new iphone just hope its amazing

Thanks

Happy to see progress, makes the waiting game easier. =P
    Last edited by blankerkid; 04-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah!!

only videos!! stop it!! show us the jailbreak for the 3.1.3 or they dont have anything to JB, im feeling like idiot!!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast