+ Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Beta FAQ

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hila47 come on guys.. give me ideas why Tap Tap Revenge 3 not working with my 4.0? mabe because other apps i have? (i want one multitasking
    My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hila47 View Post
    come on guys.. give me ideas why Tap Tap Revenge 3 not working with my 4.0?
    mabe because other apps i have? (i want one multitasking app....)
    none of the tap tap are working on 4.0 that good

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G Camera Zoom not working properly
    Using the Camera zoom on my 3g iPhone does not work. The picture taken is not zoomed at all but the Camera Zoom (paid app) works perfectly.

I also notice that battery life has gotten worse. I can't make it a full day on an overnight charge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

without any physical damage of any sort my iPhone decided to stop accepting a charge (from both USB and wall charger). Spent awhile trying to figure out what it could be then decided to try and 'Reset all settings' before trying anything crazy. For some reason after I did this it began accepting a charge again... very strange.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeclanFay For This Useful Post:

andre2you (04-13-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeclanFay View Post
    without any physical damage of any sort my iPhone decided to stop accepting a charge (from both USB and wall charger). Spent awhile trying to figure out what it could be then decided to try and 'Reset all settings' before trying anything crazy. For some reason after I did this it began accepting a charge again... very strange.
    After seeing your reply I checked my phone and discovered that my phone did not charge last night either, so the my battery drainage issue may not be an issue! I had to reset all setting to get the 3G to start taking a charge again. thanks

Thanks

my battery is also not lasting as long

Roscoe my beautiful blue pittie puppy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,876 Times in 2,215 Posts

guys this is a beta form so all the crap about wallpaper not work, or the camera zoom get over it there will probably be 2-3 more betas released before its done so far i have had a pretty good experience with it.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    guys this is a beta form so all the crap about wallpaper not work, or the camera zoom get over it there will probably be 2-3 more betas released before its done so far i have had a pretty good experience with it.
    Ok, I'm just reporting what I have found and maybe someone has found a way around it, chill out!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Beta intended only for developers to try/test new APIs has crippling bugs, story at 11.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hope they will release the next beta soon....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default dev pot
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Is your iTunes IP pointed at Apple? Some people have changed it to point to saurik's server which won't verify 4.0 at the moment.

can u help me get iphone 4.0 os please

Thanks

4.0 is sweet not to buggy
    Keithsta

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Using Windows 7, installed using Snow Leopard in VMWare 7.

So far, my experience:

-Wallpaper doesn't work...I choose it but it doesn't change on the homescreen OR lockscreen.

-App store lags heavily if I open it while an app is downloading/installing...and apps take significantly longer to install, but they work.

-Wifi works just fine

-"Slide to Power Off" brought me back to the lockscreen a few times, then after Sliding to Unlock, it powered off

-Spellcheck a bit buggy....had to tap some words 4 and 5 times to get the options up

-Like someone said, camera zoom not worth it really, I guess it's more geared towards the next gen's better camera...?

-Multitasking not bad but doesn't hold a candle to Infinidock/Backgrounder combo

But hey, it's beta so who cares?! Just happy to get it working. Muchas gracias Stealth!

Green Apple
    Thanks

about Tap Tap Revenge 3 crashing on startup (on OS 4.0)
    mine still crashes even after today update.. on apps store there is update to verions 3.3.1, mine still crash on loading... damn...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G edge fix
    kilo011 i used to have that problem and not even a reset settings worked... i played around for a bit and decided to turn on data roaming and it works perfectly now... as for wifi mine connects but the icon doesent appear in the statusbar and nothing will load

to fix wallpaper home&lock i found to go to wallpaper menu under settings... trying to set it while in pictures app wont work for me
    Last edited by BOMEISTER2000; 04-15-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

about Multitasking,
    i read that Tap Tap Revenge 3 has the option to continue (multitasking) when it's in middle of game (like we saw on apple event).
    finally i was able to make it work on OS 4.0 (it's working only if i shut down location+wifi+3g-data on settings)
    but if i exit in middle of the game it's not continuing.. it's suppose to?
    or what they show on apple event it's "special" version for the event?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, recently (just this morning actually) bought a UDID registration from this snazzy little website called iappledev.com. It was a really good buy and all, almost instant registration. I was just wondering now that they have done that, how can i actually get the new 4.0 beta onto my iPhone if I have a windows PC?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shazza.1993 View Post
    hey guys, recently (just this morning actually) bought a UDID registration from this snazzy little website called iappledev.com. It was a really good buy and all, almost instant registration. I was just wondering now that they have done that, how can i actually get the new 4.0 beta onto my iPhone if I have a windows PC?
    i used this guide.. few times.. and it was OK..
    i used VMWARE 7
    How to update iPhone/iPod Touch to OS 4.0 Beta on Windows | ASR's Tech Blog

it's possible to fix the "contacts sync" bug on this OS4.0 version?
    my contacts/phonebook at my Google account, there is any way to sync it back?
    Last edited by hila47; 04-15-2010 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got my own developers account access from iPhone/iPad 4.0 Beta, Unlock iPhone/iPad, UDID Registration, Activation & Recovery iPhone - Home problem is i dont know how to use it. i am not sure if my browser is old or what but i can log into the developers account but not sure what to click on. anyone who hasnt tried it out should give it a look, pretty cheap way to stay updated with all the future betas, soon as i fugure it out

Quote Originally Posted by ProRollers.net View Post
    Got my own developers account access from iPhone/iPad 4.0 Beta, Unlock iPhone/iPad, UDID Registration, Activation & Recovery iPhone - Home problem is i dont know how to use it. i am not sure if my browser is old or what but i can log into the developers account but not sure what to click on. anyone who hasnt tried it out should give it a look, pretty cheap way to stay updated with all the future betas, soon as i fugure it out
    just figured it out, nevermind, i didnt realize that there was a specific "iphone developer" spot, now downloading iphone 4.0 beta. hope all goes well.
    Last edited by ProRollers.net; 04-15-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is the contacts sync problem.. now it's worked for me..
    looks like it's just itunes 9.1 bug and not OS-4.0 bug
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Fix for MobileSync crashing on iTunes ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone know of a good tutorial for vmware and how to get iphone 4.0 running on a windows machine?