Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Gets Multitasking, Bluetooth Keyboards, 5x Digital Zoom... and More!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by demize95 View Post
    Yep, demize95
    lol i added you on Game Center.. if that's even possible.. cause your the only person I know with it so far. :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone Caboose1408's Avatar
    Thanks

It's bogus that I can't use multitasking for my 2nd gen touch.
    But, I saw somewhere. By changing a certain file, it can be enabled. Jailbreak!

So currently, when I open up a URL from my email, my email closes and Safari opens. If I want to go back to that email I must press the Home key and then the EMail button to go back to the email I left off on.

Now with 4.0, I press the URL and Safari opens. Then to go back to the email I double tap the Home button and click the email button to go back to the email I was viewing.

Am I the only one who realizes that this is the exact same process, only that with 4.0 I will have to do more steps? I press the Home button twice now? And if my email icon isn't one of the first four icons, I will also have to scroll until I get to it?

How is this an improvement again? :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    So currently, when I open up a URL from my email, my email closes and Safari opens. If I want to go back to that email I must press the Home key and then the EMail button to go back to the email I left off on.

Now with 4.0, I press the URL and Safari opens. Then to go back to the email I double tap the Home button and click the email button to go back to the email I was viewing.

Am I the only one who realizes that this is the exact same process, only that with 4.0 I will have to do more steps? I press the Home button twice now? And if my email icon isn't one of the first four icons, I will also have to scroll until I get to it?

How is this an improvement again? :/
    you are specifically talking about email app…. whereas for all the apps which are running in the background is the same process… so if games or im+ or any other app is running in backgroud, you have to follow the same steps and you can get there without reloading the app…

thank god we can rival palm pre

Default Apple one step behind?
    It seems like Apple are always behind the jailbreakers and hackers. The majority of these features (even those in 3.0) were available way before, when the first jailbreaks and hacks were released. Apple just seem to see these as being popular, and write cleaner versions into the OS lol. The hackers seem to be really delivering what people want more quickly than Apple.

Thumbs up Viva la Jailbreak!
    Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    This update almost removes the need to jailbreak.
    No such thing, JailBreak will never die! Viva la Jailbreak!

That is, unless Apple decides to ship everything pre-jailbroken in which case at-home jailbreaking will become useless thus killing the JailBreak community. But apple would never do that!

Glad Apple is releasing the Multitasking feature though, would be a welcomed update to background (which frustrates me by killing my music half the time ). 4.8 Stars to the announcement of 4.0!

so is it even worth it to upgrade if u are on an 3g or 2g iphone

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819