+ Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Gets Multitasking, Bluetooth Keyboards, 5x Digital Zoom... and More!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple continues to prove their domination in the smartphone biz! Can't wait for 4.0 and new iPhone!
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple continues to prove their domination in the smartphone biz! Can't wait for 4.0 and new iPhone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dorthyinoz View Post
    I'd be interested in a spot if someone would be so kind.
    if i knew how to, i would.

i'm going out on the lash now, but see me after the weekend if it's all sorted.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Uggg..... it seems, from what I have read that 4.0 won't load from a PC. So, I got a spot, downloaded the update from stealthbravo, and can't do anything with it...... I've been stuck without a jailbreak ever since I had to restore to 3.1.3 when my phone got stuck in DFU....... I'm sure it'll happen soon (I hope) but if anybody knows how to load this from a PC I would love the info....

Thanks in advance.... I'm sure glad there are people out there that are way smarter than I am....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barrygeorge002 View Post
    I really need the 4.0 version too. anybody have an open dev spot??? I'm already in withdrawl and havent even used it yet.
    I could give you a DEV spot. If you know of others who are looking too I would only charge a small fee. ( Trying to raise my renewal fee!)

Green Apple
    Thanks

mj you can go back to 3.1.2 can't you?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why would the dev-team or whoever reveal that they jb 4.0 so fast? It's on engadget and gizmodo, just to name a few. They reveal there plans of attack so quick, it makes no sense. Maybe just to brag? Don't get me wrong, I want them to jb each and every fw that comes out, but why throw gas on the fire? Surely someone at apple is keeping up with the jb news, etc and working to close any exploits that may have been found?
    Peace,
    Texascop

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0470 View Post
    Uggg..... it seems, from what I have read that 4.0 won't load from a PC. So, I got a spot, downloaded the update from stealthbravo, and can't do anything with it...... I've been stuck without a jailbreak ever since I had to restore to 3.1.3 when my phone got stuck in DFU....... I'm sure it'll happen soon (I hope) but if anybody knows how to load this from a PC I would love the info....

Thanks in advance.... I'm sure glad there are people out there that are way smarter than I am....
    easiest way around that if you have no access to a mac, partition a section of your hdd and install hackint0sh on it, from people who have done that it has been success so far (or from what i have read it is)

Quote Originally Posted by texascop View Post
    Why would the dev-team or whoever reveal that they jb 4.0 so fast? It's on engadget and gizmodo, just to name a few. They reveal there plans of attack so quick, it makes no sense. Maybe just to brag? Don't get me wrong, I want them to jb each and every fw that comes out, but why throw gas on the fire? Surely someone at apple is keeping up with the jb news, etc and working to close any exploits that may have been found?
    from my understanding they announce that they can do it, but they dont announce how until just before or even after they actually release it to the public, so apple cant patch it even though they know its there
    Last edited by waroftyr; 04-09-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

4.0 gets SBCategoies...

10:34 am: Now back to Steve for the second tent pole. Folders. A better way to organize your applications instead of having page after page of Apps. Drag one app on top of another, and it instantly makes a folder. It auto names the folder based on the category it was alloted in the App store.

Tap on the folder, the screen breaks apart so you can see what's in the folder. You can even put those folders in the dock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does it have video out for 3rd party apps???!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Its funny.... the only time I've ever really found myself wishing I had a mac is when there's an iphone jailbreak/update that won't work on my PC.... I'd setup a partition on my existing hard drive if I wasn't afraid I'd screw something up and then be really stuck.... It's hard to be patient when solutions seem like they're just barely out of reach.... but I will try....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would add using the LockScreen to display useful information like contact dialing and calendar. Tons of jailbreak apps for that. I don't think I saw anything in 4.0 offering that capabilities.

Maybe that's covered under 3. Themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush66crp View Post
    After a few minutes of use, a couple things I would still use a JB for. 1. Deleting a single call from recent calls list. 2. Tethering 3. Themes. Anyone got anything else?

Also for those who were wondering. 4.0 is on firmware 5.13.03

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm quite surprised as a new dev(i say that with embarrassment) that 4.0 works with apps like airmouse e.g.. i thought apps from 3.1 etc needed to be ported to 4.0 theoretically?

Thanks

Can any one add me, just let me know what paypal. PM me the details

Thanks
    Thanked 9,176 Times in 5,680 Posts

I am so loving all the new <> features of 4.0. Can't wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can anyone explain why you can't install with windows? I just don't get it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a Dev spot if you need one

By the way people, has anyone tried to update to 4.0 beta on windows? would like some feedback
    Last edited by stevel2w1; 04-10-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I know it's a big favour to ask, since debs are probably getting hundreds of requests for beta spots, but if anyone would be willing to register my UDID 'd be really grateful.

Oh, and I'm just wondering, on apple.com you can sign up for a free dev account, will that let me access the beta?

Thanks

You can install 4.0 on your iDevice from a pc by eather installing hackint0sh on a seperat partition or running osx from vmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone os 4.0
    The brand new Beta release of os 4 for the iphone 3g.
    This has only been released to develoers but i thought i would let
    you guys enjoy it.

It is only a beta and if you don't like it, it is easy to go back to 3.1.2 just press restore in itunes.

Becuase most of you guys downloading this torrent will not be developers I am happy to activate the 20 os for you all you need to do is send me your UUID and $10 via paypal to [email protected] I HAVE 4 SLOTS LEFT BE FAST

--------How to find you UUID----------
    1) Start iTunes and connect your iPhone

2) On the Summary page for your iPhone, click on the word “Serial Number:” text

iphone serial

3) The serial number should change to the word “Identifier”, followed by a long string of numbers and digits

uuid iphone

4) When you press CTRL+C (Windows) or Command/AppleKey + C (Mac) and the UUID will be copied to the clipboard and can then be pasted into an Email / IM window / whatever

Couldn't be simpler. :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    did u make a game center id?
    Yep, demize95