Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Gets Multitasking, Bluetooth Keyboards, 5x Digital Zoom... and More!

on apples website it says "will ship this summer". So are they selling it? :dunno:

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    wow its getting all the things i have had since 1997, its crazy! but no multitasking for the 3g BOLOGNA i say!!
    What phone did you have in 1997 that had application multitasking, 5x digital camera zoom, touch to focus, etc.?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

^wait so there will be no way to manage multitasked apps? damn proswitcher circuitous and even processes in sbs are way better than apples BS

Will the final release will have better and complete features compared to the dev firmware?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I hope the next hardware version of the iPhone has a camera flash....just Steve Jobs can announce on stage "The next iPhone....now with FLASH!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

tgabriel123 (04-08-2010)

Typically the OS file has been like 110-130MB, but the file I saw was described as being over 300MB..........hmm....

Well i guess ill be sticking to 3.0 as I have been doing. i was excited for the multi-tasking until they said 3GS only. Seems ill be waiting on the next iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    Typically the OS file has been like 110-130MB, but the file I saw was described as being over 300MB..........hmm....
    uhhhh...what? No, they were like 260mb-280mb

Twitter: @tshoults

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    This update almost removes the need to jailbreak.
    Then Clearly you are not doing it right!!! Jailbreaking allows you to do anything possible to your iphone that Father Job's doesn't approve...such as custom icons anyone? After all, the hacking and modding community is the back bone of development ideas in my opinion!

Anyways I'm curious to see how the multi-tasking will be done. I forget which multi tasking thing I use on my iTouch, but I'd love to see that interface. I'm also curious to see how this is going to stack up against my nexus, seeing as how it does this already. I'd love for some improvements.

Just installed this, its very snappy, dunno if its in my head but my 3GS seems quicker

Multi tasking is there, again very quick

The camera zoom just seems to go uber blurry on full zoom, might be the lighting but i assume its intended for a better camera

What else... Erm... 1st bug I noticed you can set a wallpaper from the photo app on from wallpaper in settings

Overall so far seems good for a 1st beta

Although OS 4.0 is available for everyone in the summer, not every feature will work with every model. Specifically background applications.

If you have the 3GS or the 3rd generation iPod Touch, all the features of OS 4.0 will work, including multitasking. If you have an iPhone 3G or the 2nd gen iPod Touch, you can install OS 4.0 but you won’t get multitasking.

As for those you you who own the original iDevices (2G iPhone or 1st gen iPod Touch), there was no mention of OS 4 compatibility for these models. Although when questioned, Steve Jobs said this:

The old devices will get the update, but they’ll miss some of these features like multitasking. If that’s an incentive for them to upgrade to a new device…terrific
    Is old devices considered... Iphone 2g?

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

im mad i cant use multitasking on my ipod touch 2g...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, nothing I want in this update. No ability to send files to other phones through Bluetooth. Fail.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

$10 dollar donation for spot, if anyone has one open, please pm me, i will greatly appreciate it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Finally, the phone that does everything. I mean everything,...... w/ limitations.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

does anybody know is there anything else besides multitasking that 3g users wont get?

runs pretty good on a iphone 3g

Quote Originally Posted by mudrock1000 View Post
    Then Clearly you are not doing it right!!! Jailbreaking allows you to do anything possible to your iphone that Father Job's doesn't approve...such as custom icons anyone? After all, the hacking and modding community is the back bone of development ideas in my opinion!

Anyways I'm curious to see how the multi-tasking will be done. I forget which multi tasking thing I use on my iTouch, but I'd love to see that interface. I'm also curious to see how this is going to stack up against my nexus, seeing as how it does this already. I'd love for some improvements.
    Dude I think you missed the key word ALMOST
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Thanks

the only good thing about this is we will have native "backgrounding" and folders. Their version of Folders is our Stacks, but our ProSwitcher is still better from what i read. Nothing really new here, we can already do just about everything they said right now ... just its nice to have these native, less chance of apps not playing well with each other. I'll wait for the 4.0 JB before i get this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

I look forward to puting 4.0 on my iPhone

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast