Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.0 Gets Multitasking, Bluetooth Keyboards, 5x Digital Zoom... and More!

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Did they confirm in-app SMS reply?
    The picture says in app sms, but they never said anything about it. I don't know what it would mean though other than being able to reply from the pop up, like with the cydia apps, so we can only hope for now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (04-08-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    BUT IT DOSENT SUPPORT ANYTHING OLDER THAN IPHONE GS Of course theres jailbreaking
    It supports the 3G. Even a jailbreak won't get it to the 2G, there would have to be some serious porting happening to see that. (not saying it won't happen, but it is unlikely to happen for a while/if ever)

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

still nothing for 4.0 download?
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

There are some pretty awesome features from 4.0 and I'm pretty excited to see what can and will be done with it, but there is still a thought in the back of my mind that Apple is at least two years too late to this party. I welcome the changes, but this is way late. I hope we get surprised and they allow lots of things they didn't talk about or are going to add them later. Like in-app SMS reply, custom mail and text alerts, better brightness and other controls ala SBSettings and things like that. I'm excited but skeptical at the same time.

Oh, and fantastic new hardware released later to go with the new firmware to waste money on and a sweet jailbreak!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    The picture says in app sms, but they never said anything about it. I don't know what it would mean though other than being able to reply from the pop up, like with the cydia apps, so we can only hope for now.
    That was my understanding, it's there but they didn't say anything. Thanks Jasper!
    Last edited by KartRacer; 04-08-2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The only other thing I could think of it meaning is giving apps access to SMS capabilities. (eg making it an api in the SDK)

Still love my 2G. Have no problems with it. I feel shafted that I won't be able to run 4.0 at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

awesomeness

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

i wish every apple employee get iAds

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    I'm guessing its still the boring old UI? blech, glad i got rid of my iphone looks like iphone os is still a fail w/o a jailbreak
    i find it funny how people complain about a boring UI. I've seen the same flavor of Android for years, i've seen the same flavor of WM for years, and i've also seen the same flavor of BB for years. Jailbreak community with themes have corrupted ppls minds. I do like jailbreak don't get me wrong but now you can't use a phone without themes and believe the UI is old and boring.

Thanks

Any official word about the baseband with the beta?

Can someone put me on their Dev list?

Thanks

any1 no what time they usually throw the video of the event up on apples site?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    they could at least implement a way to run only a couple small apps. you quite your swear filter dodging with you want me to stop complaining. I'm going to try 4.0 beta tonight and see if I like it.
    lol my swear filter :P

you gotta understand that multitasking will be on by default and will background all apps. if this is enabled on the iphone and iphone 3g, the phone would crash constantly. But yes they could background a small handful of apps that's what SMS, EMAIL, PHONE, and SAFARI are for lol.

23 mins 54 secs untill 4.0 on my cpu via ff

I have a question.
    At the moment double clicking goes either to your phone contacts if music is not playing or if music is playing brings up a pop up dialog.
    How are we supposed to bring these features now that double clicking is reserved for multitasking?
    I'm using double clicking, especially for music all the time so I'll be disappointed to see it go away.

Can I get one ?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Smart move by Apple. I think the only thing left is really some sort of themes category. Perhaps themes that can be purchased on the App store. I think Apple can make a much greater argument that all jailbreaking is used for is piracy (let's face it, that is what they are publicly saying it is used for) if they simply give us everything we want from jailbreaking in the first place.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

now all i need is the 4g ipod! with a heck of a lot of ram! anyone know if i'll have to wait until september of 2010 for the new ipod?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

wow its getting all the things i have had since 1997, its crazy! but no multitasking for the 3g BOLOGNA i say!!
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

tgabriel123 (04-08-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as it sucks that the original iPhone won't get this update, we knew it had to start somewhere. Frankly I feel Apple has been the most generous of all mobile phone producers with updates to their "older" handsets. I don't see any other company updating software on phones they produced three years ago.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast