Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Limit iPhone 4.0 Multitasking?

Being able to reply to texts without leaving your current app> multitasking

Quote Originally Posted by THEINFAMOUS View Post
    Being able to reply to texts without leaving your current app = multitasking
    fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by THEINFAMOUS View Post
    Being able to reply to texts without leaving your current app> multitasking
    ROFL you are the definition of moron

Android FTW, just saying, if u ask me google is gonna keep the 1 up on apple just because its easier for them to, plus they have many different phone makers who can produce dozens of differnet phones a year where apple has trouble making one and by then a month after it is announced it is out of date

Thanks
    4.0 adds a reflective glass dock to the iphone's home screen just like on mac and 3.2 ipad lol I've had my iphone like this before the ipad was even announced I love jailbreaking. I swear apple gets ideas from jailbreak devs.

so far on 4.0
    categories = folders
    backgrounder/any backgrounding app = mulitasking
    any JB phone = change background

Green Apple
    Thanks

From Musclenerd.

Remember when Apple said "H/W can't support" MMS on iPhone2G? And it turns out, it really does (enabled via JB).

Wow, good thing this entire article was speculation... Could never understand why people get upset over speculation, especially when it turns out to be false...

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    Android FTW, just saying, if u ask me google is gonna keep the 1 up on apple just because its easier for them to, plus they have many different phone makers who can produce dozens of differnet phones a year where apple has trouble making one and by then a month after it is announced it is out of date
    But then again how many of those phones have issues because of the hardware and google can just say "oh well". Windows is the same way; there are a dozen PC makers but have hardware issues with the OS.

Apple with the phones and their computer lines are backed by a great customer service. They can do this because they control the hardware it gets put on and the OS is built completely for the hardware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I background YourTube while it is downloading my YouTube videos;
    My understanding is that this is exactly the kind of things that Apple would allow - to complete a task.

I background my games while I play in case I get an important call and the iPhone closes the app without saving;
    Again, my understanding is that this would be possible with Apple's way of multitasking. If you're playing your tap tap game, it can be suspended when a phone call comes in. When you finish your phone call, you come back and continue from exactly where you left off. Steve Jobs had demonstrated that in his Keynote presentation.

I background any program I am in and typing So I can open dictionary.com App to check my spelling
    I background just about any App I am in if I need to stop without losing my work and do something else really quickly.
    I don't see any issue with Apple's way of multitasking here. It would give you exactly the same multitasking experience that you said you need.

Apple would provide background services for music streaming (for applications such as online radios, music players), location tracking (for GPSs such as TomTom, social networking applications), VOIP services (for applications such as Skype), task completion services (for data download/upload for example) and notifications (for online chat type of applications for example) . Most applications only need to be able to save the state they are at and to resume from when brought to the foreground (should apply to applications such as office documents, applications in the reference category, games such as tetris/sudoko/tap tap/crack code/minesweeper).

What Apple does not allow is to keep alive any services besides those provided by it. A phone is not a PC due to the small screen size (unless you allow widgets, which Apple doesn't) and non-PC class processor. Therefore, it makes sense to design multitasking specifically to consider these two characteristics. The key things to the end users is that both the smart multitasking of Apple and the "true multitasking" that we experience gives very similar experience - unless you can think of any specific situations that are not covered by all the background services that Apple provides. Can you think of any such applications (other than widgets)?
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 04-10-2010 at 07:23 PM.

i hate how apple always makes limitations!!

It's not coming to the older iPhones, only 3GS, the other models get some aspects of 4.0 but not the multitasking.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345