Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Limit iPhone 4.0 Multitasking?

cant wait for the release tomorrow (and jailbreak soon after ).
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_7318 View Post
    cant wait for the release tomorrow (and jailbreak soon after ).
    Wait, I thought they were just going to show a beta or something. Why would they release 4.0 for iPhones when iPad is 3.2?

Multitasking only really makes sense for the iPhone, with the ipod Touch there really isn't a reason to use it.

Thanks

^cuz ipad is not a phone and u guys know multitask will only be 3-5 apps at a time if that's even mention tomorrow

Quick reply FTW! That's the one thing that I would want multitasking for is sending SMS and not having to exit the current app I'm in. But alas... a jail broken phone resolves that little issue quite well!
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Multitasking only really makes sense for the iPhone, with the ipod Touch there really isn't a reason to use it.
    are you serious? man you're dumb.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcats1 For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (04-07-2010)

Default Micromanagement
    Why does apple always have to play the evil overlord card? I don't get it.

Default Multi Task
    I honestly don't care what they do with it. I am fully satisfied with Pro Switcher.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    Wait, I thought they were just going to show a beta or something. Why would they release 4.0 for iPhones when iPad is 3.2?
    there not releasing i think there just releasing the details and when it might be available and were not jailbreaking until 4.0 comes out. because of the ipad. if we jailbreak the ipad they have enough time to patch 4.0

Thanks

Apple is just fu*king us over....AGAIN!....Watch, i bet it's going to suck so bad that people will be crying to restore back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2. I'm seriously tired of CRApple limiting the potential of their devices, and SO WHAT about battery life? That's why they invented WALL CHARGERS, PEOPLE! This is what im going to do: trade my 32GB iPod Touch 2G in for an iPod Touch 3G 64GB, wait for untethered jailbreak, then completely ignore software updates from then on, until Apple stops being so f*cking stingy with their devices.

Because of this, (i was going to order a 3G[s], but now i think i'll get a f*cking MyTouch.

Things like this actually remind me why I like Windows Mobile. Yesterday, I was on my HD2 riding the train home, Playing Final Fantasy IX, while listening to slacker radio, with an IM service running as well. There arent many times I'll do this, but damn am I glad I dont have to jailbreak to do it.

In hindsight, while jailbreak is generally a quick operation, the simple notion of not having to do it in the first place is pure gold. Not saying I didnt love my time with the 3GS, but stuff like this reminds me why I left.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 04-07-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    ASK yourself how many window user actually work with 3-4 software at a time on their junky window os.
    I tried in my window laptop and what I could see a hang OS which I have to hard restart.

It's not 1995 anymore buddy.

And apple should do away with the whole OMG HUEG pop-up in the middle of the screen and instead give us a flashing icon in the upper left corner that reflects the type of notification and when you click on it will display more information
    Last edited by Luppin; 04-08-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Edited for god-awful english, iPhone auto-correct @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    It's not 1995 anymore buddy.

And apple should do away with the whole OMG HUEG popular in the middle of the screen and instead give us a flashing icon in like the upper left corner that reflects the one of notificiation and when you click on it will display more information
    +1

They could do so much better than what they have done with the status bar. Its totally useless right now, unless you jailbreak. I would love to see them adopt the way google handles their status bar (magnification upon touch). Great artists steal, right?
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Ok. Forgive me but...

....do the original iPhone and the 3G model have the same amount of ram? I know the 3G is faster but is that because it has a faster processor?

I tried to find these simple answers online and couldnt 0___o

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

2g and 3g both have 128mb of ram

but the processor on the 3G is faster correct?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    but the processor on the 3G is faster correct?
    1st gen and 2nd gen iPhones have the same processor and ram i believe. The 3rd gen (3GS) has 256mb and faster processor.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    1st gen and 2nd gen iPhones have the same processor and ram i believe. The 3rd gen (3GS) has 256mb and faster processor.

Thats so odd. I always thought the 3G was slightly increased in some aspect. My 3G loads the same apps faster and runs them smoother. Hmmmmmmm

And apple wonders why people jailbrake their phones... I have multi-tasking on my phone and it has proven to be the greatest feature of the (jailbroken) phone. I doubt app will do it
    right so it doesn't matter what excuse they make for limiting multi-tasking. The fact is it works will on jailbroken phones and other phones so they can do it if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Who needs multitasking really? I have never needed it, nor do I forsee it at all on the iPhone. I think multitasking is just an overblown thing. More and more people started saying they wanted it and now its a snowball. It serves no real purpose in my opinion.
    ok so you dont use it which means that no one else does?? right....

i keep about 3 things running all the time on my android phone

examples of what i have running right now

facebook
    sports scores updates
    twitter
    weather bug
    Google latitude

it is extremely useful especially on road trips where i can have google navigation running and trapster at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    Well said WHO the f**** wants multitasking and what you gonna achieve.
    What you wanna do like play game while watching movie or or writing a email while watching movie....

What the f****

listen I am an busy person, always on the run, still I don't see any use of multitasking, this is the cry started by some stupid. Compitition, who just wanna be a cry baby.
    ASK yourself how many window user actually work with 3-4 software at a time on their junky window os.
    I tried in my window laptop and what I could see a hang OS which I have to hard restart.
    I use powerful 16 GB power Mac and my new i7 with 8 GB ram, still I don't see any use of stupid multitasking.
    And I can very well understand the reason why apple is going to restrict MT, because it slow your proccessor and kill the battery.
    Now imagine apple give go ahead for all the apps MT enabled, your battery will die in few hours.
    And all the blogs will be full with complaints nothing else.
    see above and i have no problems with my battery getting murdered like you so claim
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 04-07-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast