Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Wants The iPhone! Is This The Moment of Truth?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Verizon Wants The iPhone! Is This The Moment of Truth?

It's seems like we've been talking about a possible Verizon iPhone ever since Verizon took a pass on the device better than three years ago - a decision that ushered in the era of AT&T's iPhone exclusivity. It's hard to believe (insert sarcasm here), but the prospect of the iPhone migrating over to Verizon territory is once again being talked about today. But this time it isn't the over-hyped bloggers of the world wide web responsible for the hype. This time, the buzz comes directly from the words spoken by Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg.

The Associated Press is reporting that Seidenberg has explicitly told Apple that he wants Verizon to get the iPhone. The Verizon chief explained his wishes today before the Council on Foreign Relations. What isn't clear, however, is how recently this entreaty was made. Was it a week ago? A year ago? Or did "Ivan the Great" wake up this morning and call Steve Jobs personally with the good news? We don't yet know the answer to this burning question - just as we're yet to discover if the iPhone is about to join the Verizon network.

Of course, we may finally get our answer on Thursday as Apple is preparing to introduce the new iPhone OS. Many are expecting AT&T's exclusive deal to end this summer in conjunction with the 4th gen iPhone's arrival. A new iPhone may very well call for a new carrier. If Apple is game - and we know Verizon is - the iPhone could very well find its new home to be the place that originally shunned it when the now ultra-popular smartphone was "untested."

Apple's iPhone OS 4.0 preview event will take place at 10 a.m. Pacific on Thursday. Will this be the moment of truth for the "Verizon iPhone"? We'll know in 48 hours.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: corrected misspelled words...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (04-06-2010), SnowLeo (04-06-2010)

i'll belive it when apple says it, this has gone on forever
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I hope the iPhone comes to verizon and can be jailbroken and who knows maybe it will be running data on verizons 4g network when it comes out since its the 4th generation iPhone. Maybe thats why Apple hasnt said anything about the fourth generation iPhone, their waiting to make the verizon version and for verizon to get 4g aand release it then. Who knows.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Cleaning typo complaint

I'm so tired of hearing about verizon and the iphone apple wont give verizon control verizon wont give apple control. They are both not going to come to terms on the app store end of story.
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Damn. I was hoping for an TMobile version. I love my Tmobile. But hate all their phones. Customer service is excellent though.

I'll switch to Verizon if an iPhone with LTE comes out in the future. I hate at&t so much...

You spelled Verizon like 4 different ways.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kariodude For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (04-06-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Damn. I was hoping for an TMobile version. I love my Tmobile. But hate all their phones. Customer service is excellent though.
    tmobile has very little coverage compared to Verizon or ATT though.
    Really?

If its going to Verizon now, than its pointless. what about LTE?
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

how about posting a source?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I at least hope they have one for AT&T becouse my company gives me free phones for work catch is it has to be AT&T so the 4g needs to be out on AT&T

Verizon data sucks dirty socks lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Here's the AP source, it's linked above. Thanks!
    The Associated Press: Verizon CEO has told Apple of iPhone interest

Thanks
    Dame Verizon suck why not T-mobile.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ya tmobile . Haha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought all this time Verizon wanted the iPhone!! 
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Cleaning up complaints about misspelled words...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post

It's seems like we've been talking about a possible Verizon iPhone ever since Verizon took a pass on the device better than three years ago - a decision that ushered in the era of AT&T's iPhone exclusivity. It's hard to believe (insert sarcasm here), but the prospect of the iPhone migrating over to Verizon territory is once again being talked about today. But this time it isn't the over-hyped bloggers of the world wide web responsible for the hype. This time, the buzz comes directly from the words spoken by Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg.

The Associated Press is reporting that Seidenberg has explicitly told Apple that he wants Verizon to get the iPhone. The Verizon chief explained his wishes today before the Council on Foreign Relations. What isn't clear, however, is how recently this entreaty was made. Was it a week ago? A year ago? Or did "Ivan the Great" wake up this morning and call Steve Jobs personally with the good news? We don't yet know the answer to this burning question - just as we're yet to discover if the iPhone is about to join the Verizon network.

Of course, we may finally get our answer on Thursday as Apple is preparing to introduce the new iPhone OS. Many are expecting AT&T's exclusive deal to end this summer in conjunction with the 4th gen iPhone's arrival. A new iPhone may very well call for a new carrier. If Apple is game - and we know Verizon is - the iPhone could very well find its new home to be the place that originally shunned it when the now ultra-popular smartphone was "untested."

Apple's iPhone OS 4.0 preview event will take place at 10 a.m. Pacific on Thursday. Will this be the moment of truth for the "Verizon iPhone"? We'll know in 48 hours.
    Uhh..
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Cleaning up complaints about misspelled words...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

"Verizon data sucks dirty socks lol"

maybe so, but at least they have data coverage where I live, and data that sucks dirty socks beats no data at all

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (04-06-2010)

AT&T jailbreake + unlock

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast