Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Wants The iPhone! Is This The Moment of Truth?

Personally I could care less if it goes to Verizon because they are just as expensive as AT&T. I just wish they would come to Sprint or T-Mobile.

keep us posted
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

lol is it a blogger's strategy for getting replies that quote you saying "you have typos", which still counts as a reply, so your thread is bumped?...like I just did.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Cleaning up complaints about misspelled words...

I don't know why people think that the iPhone will drop in price if it goes to another carrier. The carriers would not decide the price. Apple would never give that provledge of degrading a product like that.

The funny thing is. Everytime verizon comes out with a new iPhone killer. Guess what happens. It's not and a few months later what do you always see. Buy one get one smart phone like the droid for free. They might as well say this phone sucks so much we Will give you one free.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I don't know why people think that the iPhone will drop in price if it goes to another carrier. The carriers would not decide the price. Apple would never give that provledge of degrading a product like that....
    It not about the cost of the phone. It's about choice.

Give ME the option to buy my phone at a reasonable price and allow ME to pick my carrier!! I'll pick one that BEST suits MY needs rather than being locked and forced into ONE carrier just to get my preferred phone handset.

The rest of the world does it this way. Grow up USA and join the world.

So im just a bit curious.. if iphone goes to verizon.. can we still talk and surf da web at the same time?

Thanks

^read up?

"ATT commercials tout the ability to talk at the same time you use the web. This is simply not possible on a CDMA network so ATT will have a field day pointing out how the iPhone on their network has more features than the iPhone on VZW"
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 04-07-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I hope it's not true because I want my friend to get the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon. But if Apple gives it to Verizon this summer, he'll get that instead.

And he can keep his iPod touch just like I'm using my 3GS as an iPod.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I hope it's not true because I want my friend to get the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon. But if Apple gives it to Verizon this summer, he'll get that instead.

And he can keep his iPod touch just like I'm using my 3GS as an iPod.
    There's a very slim chance of that happening. The nexus one will be obsolete when the 4G gets here this summer
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Cleaning up complaints about misspelled words...

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone on Verizon will NEVER happen until CDMA is capable of data and voice at the same time. end of story. why would apple go back a step with Verizon when they are getting ready to release multi-tasking support????

One of the most popular phones on the market and a carrier that doesn't have it in their lineup wants it? That is news?
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-07-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Cleaning up complaints about misspelled words...
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would not buy a Verizon iPhone. There is too many times that I browse the web or run a data application while on a phone call. Verizon's technology does not all this function on their network.

Also, I think the 4th gen iPhone is already done and needs a great deal of testing. If this was coming out on Verizon only, it would screw over so many loyal customers who have dealt with ATT just for the iPhone.

I just don't see it happening for the June launch.

4G LTE is a GSM standard and will not be compatible with the CDMA standard used on the U.S. I believe sprint has engineered WiMax to there network. CDMA did have a 4G roadmap but it was scrapped in favor of the LTE roadmap....point being is CDMA is becoming more and more irellevant and Apple will likely wait for Verizon to become compatible with there hardware, not the other way around. Historically that does tend to be Apples style, I doubt they will support two revisions of the same product as it will destroy the continuity in hardware and in some instance the users experience....all that's just the tip of the ice burg however beyond technical issues Apple will have to overcome politcal issues with verizon. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    damn. I was hoping for an tmobile version. I love my tmobile. But hate all their phones. Customer service is excellent though.
    agreed!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

300th post

**EDIT CPJR - Useless**
    Last edited by cpjr; 04-07-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: * out naughty word

I can only imagine how the people from VZW that told apple no years ago feel now...

Serves them right, I have never seen such a greedy phone company as verizon.

From BGR:-

Verizon Wireless teases employees (and us) Boy Genius Report

One of our connects just dropped this in our inbox, and coincidentally, it looks like it went out internally to a lot of Verizon Wireless employees. What are we betting on? HTC Incredible? BlackBerry Bold 9650? Apple iPad 3GS?

This is on BGR that Verizon has something big coming out soon with Codename: 6
    May be Iphone tomorrow..???

Well see what happens, hopefully Verizon well get it. Although I dont like that you cant use the web while in a call, might stick to at&t for that feature.

lol verizon is kicking themselve on all the money they have lost out on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast