+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneOS 4.0 Finally To Be Revealed Thursday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by iGarza my main man fuzzy slippers said Steve was going to get da moet from da liqua shack and pull out the Jammie fast blast mossy. thats
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGarza View Post
    my main man fuzzy slippers said Steve was going to get da moet from da liqua shack and pull out the Jammie fast blast mossy.

thats just what a heard of course.
    Apparently SOMEONE didn't watch the iPad keynote.

Thanks

any features apple adds at this point r gonna be something almost already achieved by the jailbreak community

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

apparently. ill never trust him again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Wait so Apple openly said this is what they were announcing or is this speculation? And do you think we will hear anything of the new iPhone? Because undoubtably some of the new features will only pertain to it.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised if multitasking is an iPhone 3GS only capability, from a sales perspective as well as a performance one. I think we'll at least get that though in the worst case scenario.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    any features apple adds at this point r gonna be something almost already achieved by the jailbreak community
    While I 110% agree with you, this isn't really a bad thing. People who jailbreak just for, say, Music Controls/Backgrounder for Pandora may not have to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if multitasking is an iPhone 3GS only capability, from a sales perspective as well as a performance one. I think we'll at least get that though in the worst case scenario.
    I not only wouldn't be surprised; I EXPECT it. They made the 3G exclusive to MMS and Stereo Bluetooth last time, it only seems to make sense that there would be some feature(s) that were exclusive to the 3G S.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 04-05-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

so if there is no 3.2 why wouldnt they just release at least the 3.1.3 userland jb since we all know that it wont be able to work on 4.0 anyway?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordonj View Post
    so if there is no 3.2 why wouldnt they just release at least the 3.1.3 userland jb since we all know that it wont be able to work on 4.0 anyway?
    Actually, as long as Apple doesn't patch whatever holes enable a jailbreak, it WILL work on 4.0. But if hackers released a new jailbreak now, it could be patched by 4.0's release.

Hold tight, my friend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hopefully there is a "quickreply sms" type feature. i use that so much. multitasking would be nice tho.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lt.Pyro For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (04-05-2010)

Thanks

All I really want is to respond to a text without quitting the app i'm in,(multitasking I know) I mean how does apple not see that as an inconvenience!?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Could this be a sign that a new iPhone is NOT coming this summer? It seems odd to me that they would announce a new firmware and not new hardware to go along with it this close to summer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybanks14 View Post
    i dont give a flying donkey what steve jobs likes and dislikes i think its about time he used his noggin and thought about what the people want.
    How's your multi-billion dollar computer company doing?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClerkDante For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (04-05-2010), hacker555 (04-06-2010), k.nitsua (04-06-2010), nbsmatambo (04-05-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetX View Post
    Could this be a sign that a new iPhone is NOT coming this summer? It seems odd to me that they would announce a new firmware and not new hardware to go along with it this close to summer.
    [sigh] No, it does not mean that. They did the EXACT same thing last year with 3.0; it was announced March 2009, well before the 3G S was.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

GadgetX (04-05-2010), hacker555 (04-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    pretty sure flash is about to go out the door.

HTML 5 is taking over

plus steve jobs hate flash

Flash NEEDS to go away.
    What's wrong with flash? It's easier to develop for, more widely supported, is for the most part open, and is often faster than native HTML5.

Or are you just buying into the Apple hysteria?

Thanks

Flash is "interpreted code." There's two issues with that--Apple does not allow any code interpreters on the App Store or otherwise, and battery life (have you ever run a virtual machine on a laptop? Battery life goes to hell.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is showcasing the OS the exact same way as they did it last year with 3.0. Show some features of the new OS and then when they release it for the masses on their next keynote, release the new iphone. The only difference is the timeframe. The keynote to show what 3.0 was all about was done in march... just a month off.. I think the next iPhone will be released in july or august...then again, you never know..

I WANT MULTITASKING!! lol

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant wait for 4.0 to come out

3.0 didn't really hit it for me. i was bored of the native UI on 2.0 and then they had the same UI for 3.0. hopefully they will make the 4.0 a bit more like the ipad and allow the dock to be like a mac and maybe be able to make the springboard to rotate. but im just getting way to excited all they will probably do is say it has "bug fixes" which means harder to jailbreak :P
    #well i can still hope for more
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Pyro View Post
    hopefully there is a "quickreply sms" type feature. i use that so much. multitasking would be nice tho.
    I completely agree. That's the main reason I use BiteSMS.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well the iphone 3gs can handle multitasking just fine , i dont see what the big deal is. Just open it up for the masses.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    well the iphone 3gs can handle multitasking just fine , i dont see what the big deal is. Just open it up for the masses.
    think if apple where going to enable multitasking with app store apps don't you think that they would have don it on the iPad that is way faster and has more ram?.
    I am 90% certain that flash will not be in iPhone 4.0 and 5.0 maybe even 6.0.
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard