Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Gets An Long Awaited Update

wth, my current version says its 0.9.3157-1...what gives?

What exactly does the "Optimize Themes (v1.0)" do after the theme is optimized? I understand that all .png files are converted... but what advantage does this give?

After the update my phone already runs faster, more smoothly, and I have more free RAM.

You forgot to add how he fixed video wallpaper. I'm about to test it to see if my dreams have come true...

Edit: Nope, not fixed. The screen brightness still flashes at the end of the loop. It's not as bad as it was before, but it's still broken.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 04-04-2010 at 11:28 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

^klouud
    "What exactly does the "Optimize Themes (v1.0)" do after the theme is optimized? I What exactly does the "Optimize Themes (v1.0)" do after the theme is optimized? I understand that all .png files are converted... but what advantage does this give?"
    Optimizing themes converts the .png file to the format Apple uses and saves it. So your themes should run quicker when your device doesn't have to convert then display the images. However they are no longer in the standard format your computer uses so to edit/view them there you will have to convert them back manually or reinstall the theme.

can someone tell me is it safe to "Optimize Themes"? will they all still work on my iPhone as usual? I don't care about viewing them on pc if that's all it effects.
    Last edited by laz305; 04-06-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks

Ya it's safe. Most problems I've seen have been when people turn off summerboard mode. However I'm not sure about the themes that use masks/overlays like some of the posters above.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
    ->mhiu2u
    make sure Summerboard mode is on.
    I use the new Winterboard b4 version for only 2 things:

1. Wallpapers == Enabled
    2. Transparent Dock == Enabled

Summerboard == OFF works for me

Thanks

@Mes
    Are your icons themed? If so what theme are you using. Transparent dock and everything works either way(summerboard on or off) but I lose my themed icons and go back to regular ones when I turn off summerboard.
    I guess I gotta go back and figure out how to make a "true" winterboard theme.

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere11 View Post
    @Mes
    I guess I gotta go back and figure out how to make a "true" winterboard theme.
    Hack that Phone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard - Section 3: Changing program icons

That's the easy part. You can't just put an info.plist inside of the XXX.app folder with UIPrerenderedIcon True, doesn't want to work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WaLLy3K For This Useful Post:

davesnothere11 (04-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a custom Keyboard that runs flawless in 3.1.2 on a 3Gs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Yes using iaccess or itypefastr

Thanks

Winterboard won't use the icons in my themes and I have to reboot so themes will b applied, i also tried iwipecache and didn't work, I hate this version, WAY Too MANY mistakes, what a letdown!! Now is there a way to change back to old version?

This is rediculous!!!!!!! And pissing me off
    Last edited by indyracer05; 04-14-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Winterboard won't use the icons in my themes and I have to reboot so themes will b applied, i also tried iwipecache and didn't work, I hate this version, WAY Too MANY mistakes, what a letdown!! Now is there a way to change back to old version?

This is rediculous!!!!!!! And pissing me off
    Honestly dude, I think your issues have nothing to do with this version of winterboard....nobody else is reporting these problems, and Ive been using it since release with no issues at all.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

mazda3issexy (04-18-2010)

Thanks

Ummm, no, it's winterboard, it started the day after I updated, ITS winterboard

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Oh, I must have gotten a "better" update then

Have you tried uninstalling it completely then starting fresh. With a jailbroken phone and who knows what installed, its possible for anything to get corrupt.

This version of Winterboard is practically perfect, it doesn't impact on my resources at all because the icons actually cache properly now as if you were manually theming - that's if you don't use SummerBoard mode though.

You need to disable the theme, reenable the theme and then respring for it to be applied - it's harder to create themes for but it's better in the long run performance wise to not have to reapply everything each and every respring.
    Last edited by WaLLy3K; 04-15-2010 at 04:59 AM.

three icons from gameloft show up weird for me. here i have NOVA and its supposed to look like the rest on the page

should i change something in the plist for the apps? i remeber something like UIcomposestoreicon or something, but i dunno wat the exact key is

Quote Originally Posted by Smythius View Post
    I have a custom Keyboard that runs flawless in 3.1.2 on a 3Gs
    The only way I can think of is iAcces, which sucks because of no auto-correct.

Does the convert PNGs option in Winterboard really help out in performance?

Thanks

Hey phan, I got the same icon for nova also, and cpjr, don't b a smartass, could my icons not work cuz I pressed summerboard once, but then unchecked it and tried it after I found out what it does

Thanks

No problems here. I must have got the "better update" too

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast