+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Expose-like" Multitasking in iPhone 4.0?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
you could always hold the home button to get this function .. that would keep the double click home button functionalty
    Thanks

you could always hold the home button to get this function .. that would keep the double click home button functionalty

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How will it use the Home button by hitting it twice? So I guess all the stuff you can choose the double click Home opens will be all gone..
    No, it will not be all gone. The first double tap will bring up the running task. The second double tap will bring up whatever you have configures in your setting (e.g., iPod, or camera, or whatever). It works beautifully on jailbroken phone at the moment.

I much prefer the Kirikae approach among all that I've tried. It's the most efficient means IMO.

I hope this is not an April fool joke. I have a little doubt because even iPad is not having multitasking, so why would Apple bother about iPhone, especially when the same OS need to run for the older generation iPhone too.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 04-01-2010 at 03:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak? greasemuntney's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone should have never been released without multi tasking. That was a brain fart on apples side. The phone should have had a faster cpu speed and a lot more memory. They could have installed a 1 Ghz pros. and 1 gig of ram then nothing on the market would compare. (exc the HTC)
    "Don't Buy it or Update it. Till JailBreak out for it!!!!!!!!"

Thanks

i dont get why people are debating on how the multitasking could be initiated.. why cant we just use the current multitasking methods?

short hold to bring up multitasking

nothing currently uses short hold. music controls is a long hold, and on iphone 3gs voice control is a long hold

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i3exa View Post
    just hope the new battery can handle all this multi-tasking...

After 4 years, I hope they have most of the possible problems worked out.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

If there's one thing I'm sure of is that no matter what the new iPhone upgrades in terms of software/hardware, people won't be happy about it because their expectations are ridiculously high, same as it has been for the last 2 years.

Thanks

Yep, I'll stick with ProSwitcher, which PWN's this concept at every level.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope they add some kind of it in os 4. i dont care how it works or looks as long as it is there

Thanks

About time is right, I'll decide if I want a new multitasking app after the jailbreak comes out
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

Thanks

Rumors don't mean a damn thing. Holding home button pulls up voice commands. Pressing home once is a problem too. How do you background the apps (automatically when you close by pressing home once)? Pressing home once would mean the only time you can call on it would be on the springboard and not in app. Let's wait until Steve actually shows it for real or let's everyone down again. These sources know nothing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How will it use the Home button by hitting it twice? So I guess all the stuff you can choose the double click Home opens will be all gone..
    Sounds about right to me. Just like you can't double tap the home button to open your favorite contacts AND open the camera, Apple will probably put "Multitasking" as one of the options in Settings when you double tap the home button. That way, those wanting their phone to run as smooth as possible and don't really care for multitasking can disable it, and the ones that want it can have it.

And I agree unless it is similar to Safari's page view/WebOS's multitasking/ProSwitcher I doubt I'll like it as much, but multitasking is multitasking and I'd love to not have to jailbreak to have it any more. Though I don't really use my iPhone much any more after getting a Nexus One.
    Last edited by Channan; 04-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

My setup currently is:

Single and long press of home key- bring up Overboard, since I have made overboard my home screen. The current application will either quit or go to background depending on whether I've specify in Background application to keep it running.
    Even longer press of home key - voice control.
    Double click home key - bring up Kirikae to switch task.
    Second double click of home key at Kirikae - bring up music player if music control has been specified. I usually do not use music control since I use Volume extender, therefore, whatever I specify in the setting is activated (could be camera, or favourite contact).

Very clear and simple.

Thanks
    This makes me so sad to think that when it comes out - i will not be able to have it because it will probably be a long time before anyone provides a jailbreak and unlock for it... stupid T-Mobile contract...
    A great man once said:
    If it's broken, SMASH IT!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123