+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Expose-like" Multitasking in iPhone 4.0?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Heres the best Upgrade Iphone can have in 4.0. Let us put what we want on our freaking Iphones and stop this silly game of cat and mouse with Jail
    Thanks

Heres the best Upgrade Iphone can have in 4.0.
    Let us put what we want on our freaking Iphones and stop this silly game of cat and mouse with Jail breakers. Tards. Can they not see that if they did this they could double there sales?. all i really want at this point is a fix for tethering... hopefully after 4.0 is out the devs and geholt come up with something
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evolasme For This Useful Post:

dsg (03-31-2010)

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

Appl£ might hate the Jailbreaking community but if they lost it/us they wouldn't have people they could steal ideas from. take the search function err wasn't that Quickgold and many more things they take and claim they did first.

Appl£ are out of touch with the consumers, if they vanquish Jailbreaking for good they will lose...

Thanks

stop executing scripts on this page

Thanks

I use my home button as little as I can due to the fact I really don't want it to break. Apple doesn't care about this because it's more money in their pockets.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How will it use the Home button by hitting it twice? So I guess all the stuff you can choose the double click Home opens will be all gone..

you can change that to triple home button if they get conflict
    no spam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up my thought
    what if, as some sources have speculated, the new iphone does have a touch sensitive case and by squeezing the iphone on each side it displayed all open applications and you could pick which one you wanted to go to from there. This would be a great feature especially with the multi-tasking. Make it an "A+" upgrade this time apple!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How will it use the Home button by hitting it twice? So I guess all the stuff you can choose the double click Home opens will be all gone..
    If it's like kirikae then double tap will open multitasking then another two will open up your selected Home app that you selected in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    I use my home button as little as I can due to the fact I really don't want it to break. Apple doesn't care about this because it's more money in their pockets.
    Is the home button easily broken? This is new to me because I rarely hear anyone breaking their home button.
    Last edited by DoYouLikeLuxury?; 03-31-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DoYouLikeLuxury? For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (03-31-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the JB theme called?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At the risk of repeating the views of a few other people, I think one thing is fairly certain: this is going to be for 4G iPhones only. Why?

1. Apple has repeatedly said that the reason they haven't implemented it yet is that it doesn't suit current hardware. Not in those words, but they have complained about 'battery life' and 'processor intensity.' Rather than contradicting themselves, they will bring it exclusively to newer hardware that will not have these issues
    2. How will this multi-task manager be invoked? All concievable gestures are used by apps, leaving only physical buttons. The home-button is widely used, and yet is the only button they could tie this functionality to. Either they add a multi-task button to the home-button dialogs, which would be tedious, OR, the point I was getting to...
    The new iPhone will have some form of new input. Be it a button, or pressure sensors on the sides so that you 'squeeze' the device to invoke multi-tasking (much like the older mighty mice, very apple n'est pas?). Another reason 4G exclusivity is pretty likely.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    i bet Apple is gonna low blow us with Multitasking: 4th Gen iPhone Exclusive
    like they did with the video recording on the 3GS
    Well the post is in reference to OS 4.0, not iPhone 4G. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks

Woot! I finally added Proswitcher. It totally rocks- almost too powerful- one must really think things through when assigning gestures, but really granular, and great for those of us with broken sleep buttons. I can take screenshots again, and sleeping is easy again- I just shake the phone. This developer deserves major plaudits. It's true that the JB community shows the way for Apple.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadomon For This Useful Post:

dsg (03-31-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

I really couldnt care less about this stuff, just JB and you dont have to wait and proswitcher/cicuitous is probably better than whatever apple will release anyway.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for os 4.0 and the new 4th gen iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Like multitasking.....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 04-01-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

mquickdos the way 2 go on this one **** apple multitasking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

they do have the triple click option too.. i use that to switch my screen to invert on my 3gs (which i think its pretty sweet)

Thanks

Actually, Apple already uses that gesture for multitasking, albeit not in a way that's immediately obvious - it's the way you control your music without closing whatever app you're using. Obviously the reason this even works is because the iPod process is always running in the background.

I REALLY hope they address the battery issues though, Backgrounder killed my battery life horribly. I also hope apps won't force users to enable this to use features that could be done through other means (e.g. push notifications).
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 03-31-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    I can see alot of home buttons being broken from over use of this
    Yeah, my home buttons been broken for months. I use Kirikae with Activator instead. I'm screwed if I need to rejailbreak via Redsn0w though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I hope Apple will boost the RAM to 2GB and CPU to 2GHz and a 10Ah battery. I don't see it happening lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post

I totally agree...that's one reason (amongst a slew of others ) 4.0 CAN'T escape being jailbroken so we can have activator installed and re-assign the function to another button like the volume keys...

I however prefer circuitous...liked proswitcher a lot, but it kept cutting out my sat nav (co-pilot) at crucial moments, so I unistalled it...anybody else had that problem?
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 04-01-2010 at 02:38 AM.