+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 9.1 Now Available, Earlier Than We Thought

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I see you guys mentioning you're waiting for a untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 3G or 3GS and such and that blackra1n only does tethered..? Am I reading it right?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see you guys mentioning you're waiting for a untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 3G or 3GS and such and that blackra1n only does tethered..? Am I reading it right?

My iPhone 3GS (I got it on launch day) does not have to be connected to the PC when I reboot... untethered.. but I see someone above quoting this:

"So when Geohot comes out with the 3G untethered jailbreak that everyone is expecting him to do withing the next few weeks will syncing problems still be presented?"

So my quick Q is maybe newer iPhones can't be untethered?

Just checking, thx!

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're on a blackra1n jailbreak (or any jailbreak for that matter) on a 3G(s) iPhone/iPod touch it should be tethered. Are you on 3.0 or higher firmware?

Thanks

@ xsnakeyx 3G does not have to be tethered after jailbreaking on either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 using pawnage tool or redsnow respectively

Thanks

The 3Gs with the new iBoot (from week 40) has a tethered JB those with the old iBoot don't.
    This applies to BlackRa1n OR RedSn0w and you will end up with a brick if you try pwnage so please don't.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-07-2010 at 06:44 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @confucious

3G 312 blackra1ned

Since I read this thread i stopped and not syncing iPhone
    Please advise, should go head ?

Thanks

Thanks

The 3G does not have a tethered JB and is fine to synch and do what you want (except update your BaseBand of course). It is only the 3Gs that has problems.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The 3G does not have a tethered JB and is fine to synch and do what you want (except update your BaseBand of course). It is only the 3Gs that has problems.
    So with win xp and latest iTunes there is no problem !
    I shall exercise and post results.

BR

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

please do mamirza. i have a 3G v3.1.2 JB w/Blackra1n and a winxp machine. Dont want to upgrade if its going to break my jb.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi, its not to upgrade, only to sync. to have the backup of installed and updated applications, thats it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I can say that I have a iPhone 3GS 16Gb and I blackrain'ed it (no need to unlock though, I'm on AT&T) and I don't ever have to plug it to my PC to boot.. Works fine everytime I reboot after installing certain Cydia apps and such.. Did I accomplish something that isn't supposed to work?

Tethered is just a way to get it jailbroken but you have to plug it in to boot? Never done that before.. Again I do have a launch date 3GS so maybe confucious is right about mine having an old iBoot..

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it probably is the old iboot. I'm on an iPod touch 3g and it is tethered.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mamirza View Post
    So with win xp and latest iTunes there is no problem !
    I shall exercise and post results.

BR
    So, sync carried out and all done ok...Thanks

Anytime an application installed thru wifi and iPhone restarted, application fail to exe. unless and untill it is sync.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4key View Post
    Again I do have a launch date 3GS so maybe confucious is right about mine having an old iBoot..
    There is no doubt about it.

The new iBoot was released in week 40 and that is what patched the 24KPwn exploit.

The 3GS made before week 40 will have iBoot 359.3 and do not have a tethered JB.

Those made after week 40 will almost certainly have iBoot 359.3.2 and do have a tethered JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so...
    I didn't look too closely when running Software Update, and whoops now there's itunes 9.1 on my MBP.
    Now my 3GS (old bootrom, jailbroken with pwnage) won't sync any newly added apps or music.

User Klonaton from a few pages back seems to be the only other mac user to have problems with 9.1 syncing in OSX. Is there any way to get back on track aside from downgrading itunes?
    Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by belbo; 04-27-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate material. Many apologies.

Thanks

sorry. you don't get any help from us for cracked apps.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't comment on the apps, but I downgraded to 9.0.3, and things worked great. Then when I got my iPad I had no choice but to upgrade in order to sync, and it magically worked again. Not sure if this method will work for you but I'm on 9.1 with fw 3.1.2 and no syncing problems.

Thanks

MN Twitter:
    Today's 9.1.1 iTunes is safe for PwnageTool&redsn0w. But those hoping to use userland JBs (like Spirit) should hold off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Klonaton, if you have any advice on how to go about downgrading itunes 9.1 on OSX that would be much appreciated.
    I'm troubled by not being able to sync any new music or apps, and feel downgrading is the next step for me.
    thank you...

Thanks

@Belbo: the only way to completelty downgrade from 9.1 while keeping the same itunes library (not just files, stuff like playcount and playlists) is backing up your library BEFORE

@Belbo: the only way to completelty downgrade from 9.1 while keeping the same itunes library (not just files, stuff like playcount and playlists) is backing up your library BEFORE you upgrade to iTunes 9.1 because the moment you open up iTunes, it updates your library to iTunes 9.1 and can't work on any iTunes from earlier, but if you havn't opened iTunes or you have a backed up library from pre-9.1 you can uninstall iTunes 9.1 then install iTunes 9 and open up your backed up library
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 04-29-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahh, it all sounds so simple now! thanks for the reply, Waldo. Wherever you are.
    It seems I might be stuck for now, no (recent) backup before the upgrade.