Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible 4th Gen iPhone Specs Getting Attention

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Possible 4th Gen iPhone Specs Getting Attention

If we stop for a moment to check our calendars, it's pretty clear that summer isn't too far away. And with the likelihood of the 4th generation iPhone being introduced in June or July, the iPad may keep us so heavily distracted for a few months that the new iPhone will be here before we know it.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple is now putting the finishing touches on the new iPhone. And if John Gruber's predictions prove accurate, Steve Jobs won't be ridiculed for over-exaggerating that the next iPhone will be simply "amazing." Gruber, in fact, is helping paint a nice little picture of the potential specs of this summer's iPhone update. Gruber says the device will enable third-party multitasking, have an A4-class SoC, a 960 x 640 display, and a front-facing camera (for video calls, of course).

Are these guesses for now? Yes. Has Gruber been accurate in previous predictions? Yes, again. And, overall, are these potential 4th gen iPhone specs pretty safe bets? Right again. But perhaps the most important and compelling evidence to suggest that the next iPhone will feature all of the above attributes and then some, is that for the many months leading up to this summer's new iPhone launch, the speculated specs haven't changed very much. And, for this reason, it's probably a safer bet than many of us can imagine that the 4th gen iPhone will all but certainly look and perform exactly as we presently expect it to.

While there's still no telling what to make of the back and forth hints about a potential Verizon iPhone, it's practically a done deal, says Gruber, that the next iPhone is going to be a multitasking juggernaut that will have millions of friends video chatting on the go and enjoying HD video content like nothing they've ever experienced.

Okay, maybe summer isn't close enough after all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

bluecity (03-31-2010)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait!!!! Especially for the jailbreak!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GellBrake'rrrr For This Useful Post:

masonbuechler (03-30-2010)

gahhh must have...July 11th I get to upgrade from my 3G, this thing feels slow as hell right now. I can only hope that the new iPhone is a similar shape to the ipod touch...that would be awesome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adamnur For This Useful Post:

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

A 3g should feel slow. Compare it to a 3gs... Then, imagine what the 4g will be like. Yeaaahhhh, it's time to trade up!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GellBrake'rrrr For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

There's no way it's 960x640. That is actual screen size you're talking about, right? That's too stinkin big.

Last edited by Conas; 03-30-2010 at 03:58 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Conas For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Sake!
    I cant keep up, I just got a 3GS and now they are gonna do this to me :'(.... Why Steve.... WHYYYY?

Sounds good though...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to grahampaull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bbourizk View Post
    winter for us here in OZ...so the faster winter comes the better
    Ditto, I like winter though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Entombed Sh4dw For This Useful Post:

Only three things to say... 1. It's about time they came out with a front facing camera. 2. We definitely needed a bigger screen. And 3. The back of it better be CHROME cause that'd be "Killa-Gucci"!!! :-p
    Last edited by TheReliq; 03-30-2010 at 04:22 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheReliq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Conas View Post
    There's no way it's 960x640. That is actual screen size you're talking about, right? That's too stinkin big.

I'm pretty sure they're talkin' resolution not size!!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bzpilot For This Useful Post:

masonbuechler (03-30-2010), Poseidon79 (03-30-2010), reanimationxp (03-30-2010)

there talking about resolution, not size. the screen image itsself will be higher quality. this is gonna be AWESOME!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ikesmasher For This Useful Post:

All I want is Divx...if you feel the 3G is slow, do a restore. I did and it works great now.

I am however in a pretty good position, have 2 iPhone accounts. One has expired a month ago so gone to a SIM only deal until new iPhone arrives then will go for a 24 months deal, as it seems they are all going that way in the UK now.

My other account expires June 2011 so that will be ready for the next iPhone after the 4G. WIll also go onto a 24 month contract so Every year I will one contract expired allowing me to get the latest iPhone without the need to pay for any premium....SWEET

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aumz For This Useful Post:

And only the for the price of two 2 year contracts at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Aumz View Post
    All I want is Divx...if you feel the 3G is slow, do a restore. I did and it works great now.

I am however in a pretty good position, have 2 iPhone accounts. One has expired a month ago so gone to a SIM only deal until new iPhone arrives then will go for a 24 months deal, as it seems they are all going that way in the UK now.

My other account expires June 2011 so that will be ready for the next iPhone after the 4G. WIll also go onto a 24 month contract so Every year I will one contract expired allowing me to get the latest iPhone without the need to pay for any premium....SWEET
    i bet barack obama doesnt even need 2 mobiles

i'll be upgrading from my 2G .. it's going to be quite a change !

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sphangman For This Useful Post:

My phone contract allows me an upgrade august 9, that day is circled on my calendar for a reason

I've been holding out since October and the wife is due in June. Its gonna work out pretty good.

i wont be upgrading till the jb is released lol dont want to be stuck with an unjailbroken iPhone

i gets an upgrade b4 july YEEESSSSSSSSSSS...first thing i want to do is video with blackcadi
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

honestly the MAIN thing im looking to hear about is the ram. Mobile phones do not have enough ram ( im my opinion ) if any of you have seen the iphone personally progress from 2G to 3GS you can see just how radical of a change it makes... even the nexus one with double the ram of the 3GS has problems from time to time.

IMHO i really really hope that the Iphone sports 1Gig of ram. I think this is MORE than enough to allow multitasking and optimal speed. Whats better is that this will also allow for the greatest improvement in OS over the years. Although i hate to say it, 4.0 will likely not support the 2G, and maybe even 3G... i think its important that the phone has a large area for growth.

Sprint's HTC EVO 4G: 5 Killer Features - PCWorld

So something like that maybe

If it doesn't come with a kickstand the video chatting will become useless, because propping up ANYTHING to record you is a pain. >.<

33. The Following User Says Thank You to mudrock1000 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (03-30-2010)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast