Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible 4th Gen iPhone Specs Getting Attention

I will beleive it when i see it hopefully it's true my 3g is boring now i have flipped it inside out
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Many of these specs were speculated for the model which is currently the 3GS. One can hope and pray, but I have been let down too frequently. Don't get me wrong, going from 3G to 3GS was still an upgrade (at least for me as I browse the web an hour-ish per day on it), but it also wasn't quite what I was led to expect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

I hear the iphone will have an overclocked A4 processor @ 1.3 ghz, nvidia geforce GTX 480 Hydro Copper graphics card, 4 gigabytes DDR3 memory, 1280x800 display and the usual suspects 802.11n wifi. 4.5 mgp video camera and up to 64gig of ssd storage.

but no front panel camera or OLED screen!!!!! damn Apple!!!!

Sounds good, but I just got a 3GS. The price of these babies will probably be quite high at the beginning so ill end up waiting a couple of years anyways
    Thank you spirit JB for 3.1.3 !!!

The John Gruber guy is pretty accurate with his predictions. Check out his pre-WWDC 2009 post: Daring Fireball: WWDC 2009 Predictions

He also has a prior post to that too Daring Fireball: The Next iPhone

As for the iPhone name, Wall Street Journal is throwing around iPhone HD, likely due to the crazy resolution it's supposed to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Conas View Post
    There's no way it's 960x640. That is actual screen size you're talking about, right? That's too stinkin big.

Remember he said HD Content as well? which means the screen has higher quality. Just like a regular 480i TV with 50" screen, compare to 1080p LCD TV with 50" screen, resolution is higher, but the actual size stays the same.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer the name iPhone 3.0, as it is the 3rd gen...but I could see them not wanting to use that due to the "3" in 3G and 3GS. iPhone HD is a close 2nd for me.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    I prefer the name iPhone 3.0, as it is the 3rd gen...but I could see them not wanting to use that due to the "3" in 3G and 3GS. iPhone HD is a close 2nd for me.
    yeah but its gonna run OS 4.0 so that'd be way too confusing. I like the iPhone HD idea.

I get an iPhone upgrade annually because I have a second line on my account (just my wife's traditional slider phone). So I'll definitely upgrade, regardless of what its like lol. No sense in waiting another year and wasting an upgrade.

I do think we shouldn't expect anything crazy though. Remember the OLED screen and rubber back of the 3GS? Or the "iPhone Nano" that was supposedly coming at the same time? How'd those work out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMfreeCuzOfJB'ing View Post
    A 3g should feel slow. Compare it to a 3gs... Then, imagine what the 4g will be like. Yeaaahhhh, it's time to trade up!!!
    Not necesarrily...look at the jump from a 2g to a 3g. Not much.

Thanks

Very happy with my 2G and I think the new iphone will be subtle change coming from the cool 3GS be real guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as it has an A4 chip im sure that if it doesnt come with multitasking it will hopefully be enabled through an update and with this A4 chip the battery on this iphone will be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Well said again. iPhone "2G", "3G" and "3GS" refer to the network it runs on.. not the particular generation of product. I agree with the above "iPhone HD" or "iPhone Pro" would be great names.
    The 2G however was not an official title added by Apple. They only decided to add that when they produced the 3G. I simply said it'd be understandable if they went with 4G since it's the 4th generation phone. But I do see the confusion it will cause.

Quote Originally Posted by mylonghornlife View Post
    That makes some sense, yet these aren't iPods or iPod touch's. The original iPhone was just the "iPhone," yet consumers coined it the "iPhone 2g" for its edge-only capability.

Both the "iPhone 3g" and "iPhone 3gs" (note these were the 2nd and 3rd generation) work on the 3g network and weren't named by their respective generation numbers.

Taking all into consideration, it's likely they won't name the new model the "iPhone 4g" to avoid false advertisement claims.
    I agree.

Apple needs to stick with an all purpose name or just call it the "iPhone 4" and continue in sequential order. I can't see them making new names every year for a new iPhone.

well this sounds great then
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope that it has some really big changes. the 3gs just seemed over hyped to me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If this next iPhone doesn't deliver... I'm getting the EVO 4G!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    And only the for the price of two 2 year contracts at the same time!
    lol yes it is a bargain price to pay....one for me and one for my partner I should have added

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It'd be inaccurate to name it the iPhone HD because it doesn't actually support an HD resolution, plus Microsoft just released the Zune HD and it would look a little lame to be have a similarly named product. I think they should just go with "iPhone" kind of like a full revolution to reflect how it's supposed to be an "A+ upgrade" according to Jobs. Plus the names are becoming pretty cheesy "THE S IS FOR SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEED"

Quote Originally Posted by bzpilot View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're talkin' resolution not size!!!
    yeah, they are, that also means that where u used to have 1 pixel, now youll have 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a very high quality screen!!! AND 329 pixels per inch- 3.3 times the number an average computer screen has.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Well said again. iPhone "2G", "3G" and "3GS" refer to the network it runs on.. not the particular generation of product. I agree with the above "iPhone HD" or "iPhone Pro" would be great names.
    or maybe theyll add 4g support... but then they'd have to let you use it on a different network which actually supports 4g
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 03-30-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

By the time 4G (network) is viable, this new iPhone will be obsolete

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    That'd work, except that the next iPhone will be generation 4.

1st gen = iPhone
    2nd gen = iPhone 3G
    3rd gen = iPhone 3GS
    4th gen = iPhone ???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast