+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone: the Rumor that Just Won't Die

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Please overpopulate the phone market with iPhones. Make everyone look like followers while I enjoy me EVO 4G on Sprint. _______________________________ iPhone - Jailbreak = Dumbphone?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Please overpopulate the phone market with iPhones. Make everyone look like followers while I enjoy me EVO 4G on Sprint.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry guys the Verizon iPhone is simply never going to come. In apple's eyes verizon uses an outdated and slow system for their network and they're right. Until verizon pushes out full LTE support some time in the next 10-15 years along with AT&T there is not going to be a seperate iPhone. Get a nexus one like me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocketshipVirus View Post
    If this is true could you unlock the CDMA iPhone to go to sprints 4G network?? That is deep.. lol
    Sprint won't activate anything that's not sprint branded. Kind of stupid isn't it?

That being said I don't think anyone even CARES about this rumor anymore. The verizon iPhone has been beating this rumor dead and it's not OMG FTW PW3nAGE YEA

It's...oh a verizon iPhone? cool...Cool...want some tea.

I think the iphone would benefit more from verizon, because fast 3g coverage is useless if 3g is terrible.

What's Jailbreak? socalrailroader's Avatar
    Redwood Valley, Northwest Calif/but SoCal Born&Raised
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I hope they do get it so AT will have to compete to keep us iPhoners. I would love to see my cell bill lowered, but I won't leave AT due to their coverage. Verizon boasts a larger 3G network, but it is slower and AT's edge is everywhere.

Not in my experiences here in Northern Califoria, and I have both an iPhone 3GS and a Motorola Droid. Verizon's speed is consistently faster, which is far more important than any "peaks" you can hit with AT&T. EDGE is nothing to brag about, it's like using dial-up.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsrule View Post
    Sorry guys the Verizon iPhone is simply never going to come. In apple's eyes verizon uses an outdated and slow system for their network and they're right. Until verizon pushes out full LTE support some time in the next 10-15 years along with AT&T there is not going to be a seperate iPhone. Get a nexus one like me.
    Fanboy Alert, Fanboy Alert!
    Last edited by socalrailroader; 03-30-2010 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socalrailroader View Post
    Not in my experiences here in Northern Califoria, and I have both an iPhone 3GS and a Motorola Droid. Verizon's speed is consistently faster, which is far more important than any "peaks" you can hit with AT&T.
    You just joined so you might not have known, but an independent company went around to major cities back in February and did a survey on the 4 wireless carriers and AT&T had the fastest download speed in 9 out of 13 cities, the fastest upload speed in 12 out of 13 and had above a 90% call reliability in all but 2 of the cities (hitting 100% twice). Verizon only had the fastest download speed in 3 of the cities, not once had the fastest upload speed, and the highest call reliability they had was 83%.

I doubt that these are just random "peaks"

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I had verizon as my service provider for over 10 years straight. I had no problems what-so-ever... Except I wanted an iPhone!!! And if it meant switching carriers, that's all it took. I also have no problems with AT&T. Don't get me wrong, I don't travel much at this time, so verizon can shove that map up their *****!!! With that laid out, I could care less which provider I get it from, but I really enjoy surfing the web while I'm on a call(w/out having to be on wifi). With that being said... Let the games begin!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's confirmed that verizon wil have iPhone soon juz heard it on news juz now

Thanks

^It's amazing how people can confirm things that are rumours.

I would be surprised if it happens.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I just had a nice laugh! Thanks Effenpig!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by effenpig! View Post
    why is it that every time therebis a story that talks about some sort of speculation, everbody posts as if it were fact? Am i somehow reading a different version or something?

It's like: Newsflash- scientists say we may have flying cars in the future !!

@randomposter1- oh, i can't wait, i'm so tired of my stupid ground car

@randomposter2- does anyone know if i can still tow a trailer with my new flying car?

@randomposter3- will this be available by april?
    roflmao!!!!!!! Great stuff!!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ownerofspam View Post
    Honestly, I think that IF apple made a Verizon iPhone that they would only help Verizon subscribers. Verizon = No Sim Cards = No worry for unlock for apple and they probably make more money from that because then unlocked phones will be worth more.

Yes?
    Not really. They would be fools to not put 3G hardware in the thing as it would lock you out of traveling outside the US without it. Thusly there would still be a SIM slot and people would still want to be unlocking.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple did ask Verizon first for the iPhone to be with Verizon, they declined. Now apple is trying again, if Verizon says no to something that has been so successful, then I dont know what to tell them.

Thanks

it wont be CDMA. it will be LTE. of which Verizon is converting to. this is how the iphone will be able to cross over so easily if this all pans out.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hahahahahahah...... never,never. not in a billion years hahahahahaha.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

The amount of comments that are flat out wrong in this thread is ridiculous. I'm not claiming my word is gospel but as far as I know the following is "fact"

- Apple did approach VZW first. The terms were unlimited data tied with phone and visual voice mail. Visual voicemail was what made verizon say no because they didn't want to foot to bill to make the network change for it. So apple goes to AT&T and they agree with visual voicemail. Guess who also has visual voicemail now? :P

The original (and still standing) contract regarding exclusitivity with AT&T was/is for five years starting with the release of the first model in which case we have a little over 1 year left.

Until Steve Jobs himself comes to my house and tells me otherwise, I stand by my words n

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    You just joined so you might not have known, but an independent company went around to major cities back in February and did a survey on the 4 wireless carriers and AT&T had the fastest download speed in 9 out of 13 cities, the fastest upload speed in 12 out of 13 and had above a 90% call reliability in all but 2 of the cities (hitting 100% twice). Verizon only had the fastest download speed in 3 of the cities, not once had the fastest upload speed, and the highest call reliability they had was 83%.

I doubt that these are just random "peaks"
    AT&T may be fast but they don't cover as much. In my town I get a couple miles out of town and 3G turns into EDGE but with Sprint I get 3G everywhere and I think Verizon has a pretty good 3G coverage area. I'd rather have a bigger coverage area than faster speeds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RocketshipVirus View Post
    If this is true could you unlock the CDMA iPhone to go to sprints 4G network?? That is deep.. lol
    Prolly not since when you activate a phone with verison and sprint you use the phones serial numbers or something like that...its not as simple as switching sim cards.

totally agree with two post above...i live in the stixs and att gets 1 bar when i put it my the window on the top floor and i still get 3g in basement with verizon.
    Last edited by laksted; 03-30-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Wow people just wont stop....STOP DREAMING a couple of months ago you know when the ipad concept and islate talk was going on people said the same thing "its definitely gonna be on verizon",and people "confirmed that the ipad is going to be on verizon" they also said that for the last few iphones "the next ones definetly gonna be on verizon" DO PEOPLE NEVER STOP!!! Its not gonna happen. Why? Because both apple and verizon like control over there products and they also like it there way.... Apple wants to control the iphone and they can on att.... look at verizon phones they all have verizon control over them the updates and everything... apple is independent and theyll go for whoever listens to them... OK THIS MAKES ME SO MAD IM QUOTING FROM APPLE INSIDER
    "The research note also identified the new phone as having a 2.8" screen, which is significantly smaller than the current iPhone's 3.5" display. "

Apple will never do that.... its stupid theres phones like the coming sprint evo 4g, nexus one from htc and others that have a bigger or better screen than the iphone and are getting points over it.... you think there gonna make a smaller iphone for verizon?????

Verizons network is not as good as people put it.... and there customer support is horrible. Verizon always wants to be in command and so does apple they dont get along

And really att has done way better for me than verizon ever has.... What some people dont get is when they say that verizon network is good they forget the load there is on att....VERIZON HAS 91.2 million U.S. subscribers... but that is after they aquired alltel before att was way in front of them.... they might have more people but that is after the aquiration of alltel a basic cell phone service that dosent take load...
    BEFORE VERIZON HAD 70.8 million U.S. subscribers and ATT STILL HAS over 85.1 million subscribers IT WAS IN FRONT OF VERIZON BEFORE ALLTEL.... ATT still takes more load on there network and still has customer support and right now even verizon isnt that good MY POINT HERE IS THAT IF VERIZON DOES GET THE IPHONE AND PEOPLE DO CHANGE WONT THAT PUT THE SAME STRESS ATT HAS ON ITS NETWORK NOW???
    Verizon with the iphone will be worse than att

Sorry for the caps but...

Im not an apple fanboy or an att fanboy but since i havent had any problem with eaither of those companies than I see no point to bash them and say bad about them because theyve been good to me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Go Verizon!!!! GET IT GET IT
    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    I don't know Y apple doesn't go with verizon sooner. Verizon would boost the iPhone sale. Apple would have total control of the smart phone.
    Apple first went to Verizon with the Iphone but ended up not wanting to sign with them because Verizon wanted to much control over everything.

For example, Verizon wanted to control so much of the app store and Apple said f*** that. But I think Verizon sees where they messed up since the Iphone has pretty much taken over the smart phone industry.

And as for PALM..whatever. They will never make it as long as they keep releasing the same model phone with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Wow people just wont stop....STOP DREAMING a couple of months ago you know when the ipad concept and islate talk was going on people said the same thing "its definitely gonna be on verizon",and people "confirmed that the ipad is going to be on verizon" they also said that for the last few iphones "the next ones definetly gonna be on verizon" DO PEOPLE NEVER STOP!!! Its not gonna happen. Why? Because both apple and verizon like control over there products and they also like it there way.... Apple wants to control the iphone and they can on att.... look at verizon phones they all have verizon control over them the updates and everything... apple is independent and theyll go for whoever listens to them... OK THIS MAKES ME SO MAD IM QUOTING FROM APPLE INSIDER
    "The research note also identified the new phone as having a 2.8" screen, which is significantly smaller than the current iPhone's 3.5" display. "

Apple will never do that.... its stupid theres phones like the coming sprint evo 4g, nexus one from htc and others that have a bigger or better screen than the iphone and are getting points over it.... you think there gonna make a smaller iphone for verizon?????

Verizons network is not as good as people put it.... and there customer support is horrible. Verizon always wants to be in command and so does apple they dont get along

And really att has done way better for me than verizon ever has.... What some people dont get is when they say that verizon network is good they forget the load there is on att....VERIZON HAS 91.2 million U.S. subscribers... but that is after they aquired alltel before att was way in front of them.... they might have more people but that is after the aquiration of alltel a basic cell phone service that dosent take load...
    BEFORE VERIZON HAD 70.8 million U.S. subscribers and ATT STILL HAS over 85.1 million subscribers IT WAS IN FRONT OF VERIZON BEFORE ALLTEL.... ATT still takes more load on there network and still has customer support and right now even verizon isnt that good MY POINT HERE IS THAT IF VERIZON DOES GET THE IPHONE AND PEOPLE DO CHANGE WONT THAT PUT THE SAME STRESS ATT HAS ON ITS NETWORK NOW???
    Verizon with the iphone will be worse than att

Sorry for the caps but...

Im not an apple fanboy or an att fanboy but since i havent had any problem with eaither of those companies than I see no point to bash them and say bad about them because theyve been good to me
    no way because Verizon's Network can handle that big of a load. Sometime at the end of this year and start of next Verizon will be switching to "LTE" network which will enable a ton of new features and things to do with your phone. LTE is the same network the military uses and is a CDMA based network. So say goodbye to ATT or say hello to your new ATT CDMA phones when they finally have to make the switch to keep up. Verizon and Google...Leaders of the world!!!!
    Last edited by ch_tothe_ase; 04-01-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ch_tothe_ase View Post
    no way because Verizon's Network can handle that big of a load. Sometime at the end of this year and start of next Verizon will be switching to "LTE" network which will enable a ton of new features and things to do with your phone. LTE is the same network the military uses and is a CDMA based network. So say goodbye to ATT or say hello to your new ATT CDMA phones when they finally have to make the switch to keep up. Verizon and Google...Leaders of the world!!!!
    Are you sure Verizon can handle that load? LTE is going to be faster and probably can do more but is Verizon ready for the swarm of people that might be coming to them for the iphone?The reason AT&T isn’t moving more quickly to LTE is because it has more headroom with its current HSPA technology, whereas Verizon doesn’t. Verizon has to go LTE more quickly because it’s the only way it can get a significant speed boost – AT&T has the luxury of taking an intermediate step in the interim and going LTE later.
    Its not about the speeds it about is it going to be able to handle it? Is it going to be able to handle all those iphones on there network? I know im not gonna switch att has been good to me and hasnt messed up any of my bills like verizon has or added two data plans when theres only one device... Leaders of the world? Nope there now the leaders of your mind... hurry and kick them out!!!

Remember that ATT is upgrading there network and ive noticed it.. Now they have a reliabilty of 94% while verizons is 92% and there 3g IS faster than verizon.... LTE wont be available everywhere at first
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 04-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.