Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Radio Shack Will Offer Trade-Ins on Old Phones

Obviously you guys haven't been following the used market lately. I listed a 3G a month or so back on Craigslist for $400 and it sold within minutes.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote from shadow25
    Whoever trades in a decent condition 3GS for $171 isn't too bright.. A decent 2G will get $171, 3GS should fetch almost $400
    no the credit for a 3gS is correct... thats what these phones are worth anyway.. apple is just so greedy and jacks up their prices.. so yea giving even that much for the phone is plenty...

Do some research on eBay/craigslist before you comment on something in dollar amounts and such. Who are you say what it's worth? What it's worth is what people are willing to pay... Check it out.

Oh yeah, and by the way... Do you have any apple devices you'd like to sell me??? I'd make out like a bandit!! 
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 03-26-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

kiphone,

No they have not been doing this forever. Ive have a friend that has been working for Radioshack for 5 years, and this hasnt even started yet. He said March 1st.

And no way I'd trade in a 3gs for $171. CAnt touch a decent one for that price on Craigslist or Ebay.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep eBay is the way to go when I got my 3gs I sold my unlocked 3g for $425 with the wear and tear it had... It's just a matter of getting the right buyer from the right place (back then was china) I acutally saw a 3g going for like $360 (24 bids) about 3-4 days ago

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrik101 View Post
    kiphone,

No they have not been doing this forever. Ive have a friend that has been working for Radioshack for 5 years, and this hasnt even started yet. He said March 1st.

And no way I'd trade in a 3gs for $171. CAnt touch a decent one for that price on Craigslist or Ebay.
    I am working for RadioShack and I have been working for RadioShack since 2008. I helped building 3 stores in DFW. The company which takes these trade-ins is CE Exchange. Because I work for them, I know why your friend told you so because many of the store managers don't even know about this program or bother to learn how to do it. RadioShack has one of the worst employee turnover ratio, and no one bother to learn anything. That is why RadioShack's executives are exploring options to sell the company or merge with someone. Radioshack explores possible sale of company and share buyback - NYPOST.com. Here CE Exchange's website and that is what is in RadioShack's system to value the price of the phone.Welcome to CEXCHANGE!
    Usually CDMA gets you more money, don't ask me why.

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

iPhone 8GB, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs since day one all brand new like i just took it out the box lol... trust me when i say all my iphone in good condition... never will sell them why?? cause is going to be hard to find couple of years from now... specially iphone 8GB silverblack...but that's just my opinion.... oh yeah and if we still be alive in 2012....???
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

I would be able to sell my 3GS for at leaast $400. Selling your old stuff to stores is not the brightest idea. They buy it super cheap from you and make tons of profit afterward.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Believe it not, to some people taking the time to sell the old phone is not worth it.
    Oh I believe it. It largely depends on where you are in life. If you are making $100k+ per years versus my measly $10-15 while in school, it is much easier to justify a relatively small loss of cash in order to upgrade your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    iPhone 8GB, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs since day one all brand new like i just took it out the box lol... trust me when i say all my iphone in good condition... never will sell them why?? cause is going to be hard to find couple of years from now... specially iphone 8GB silverblack...but that's just my opinion.... oh yeah and if we still be alive in 2012....???
    Perhaps, but I doubt the value will go up unless they are still sealed in box. Like new condition matters not, at least to a collector (and those are the people who are willing to drop tons of money on things like this) There were just too many produced to make them keep their value 10-15 years from now.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-27-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by khiphone3g View Post
    They've been doing this forever. This is not new.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really torn on what to do with my 3GS when the new iPhone comes out. I gave my 16GB 3G to my mom when I bought my 3GS so I figured I was gonna pass on my 3GS to my dad, but after seeing the enormous price these things are selling for ($450-550) I might just sell it to cover the cost of the new one.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

You could just listen to this guy... He seems pretty intelligent!!!
    Vathgol Posts: 26
    Quote from shadow25
    Whoever trades in a decent condition 3GS for $171 isn't too bright.. A decent 2G will get $171, 3GS should fetch almost $400
    no the credit for a 3gS is correct... thats what these phones are worth anyway.. apple is just so greedy and jacks up their prices.. so yea giving even that much for the phone is plenty...

It doesn't seem to me like a very hard decision! Make a couple hundred bucks, or loose a couple hundred bucks... I'm no rocket scientist but I seem to lean towards the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by khiphone3g View Post
    They've been doing this forever. This is not new.
    Yep they have!

Thanks

I sure hope they run the numbers on these trade-INS, make sure they're not stolen !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12