+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone/iPod Taking Sales from PSP/Nintendo

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think its just more Apple propaganda crap. I've never brought a game from the app store but I buy all my games for my PSP GO. I have about
    Banned
    Thanks

I think its just more Apple propaganda crap.

I've never brought a game from the app store but I buy all my games for my PSP GO. I have about 30 games in the GO and I have about 30 games on the iphone but I never play any of the iphone games, they are just sitting there.
    The controls on the iphone suck, the gameplay on the iphone sucks and the way Apple does its business just sucks thats why I will never buy any games from them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lol...then why bother with an iPhone at all?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Phone calls, mobile internet, sms, email, productivity apps, music, video, podcasts

basically everything except gaemen

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You're buying the wrong games because there are genuinely fun and creative games on the iPhone that properly use the accelerometer and touch screen. Now if you just have an issue with the lack of a physical controller, then the platform isn't for you.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of physical controller thing coming out?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

The other reason iPhone is doing well as a gaming platform is because so many people are easily pirating the games. Most people already have a need for a phone/music player, so why buy a separate device just for gaming? Besides, no one wants to spend $30 on a mobile game anymore, especially when it's just another rehash from the 80s (which is pretty much the ONLY thing Nintendo really does anymore). How many times does Samus have to kill Ridley? How many times does Link have to fight Gannon(dorf)? Then there's Mario. Ugh. The only he actually HASN'T done is plumbing.

I'll end with a quote from Steve Jobs himself. "Who wants a stylus? Nobody wants a stylus!"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish they would come out with Mario for the iPhone.... but that will never happen!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

well, the ds is for 5 year olds and no one wants a psp go, so i guess the ipod is the only thing left...

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

DS has Pokemon, if will forever have 1st place

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    ^ lol...then why bother with an iPhone at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
    Phone calls, mobile internet, sms, email, productivity apps, music, video, podcasts

basically everything except gaemen
    EXACTLY. I play games on the PSPGO but I use the iPhone apps like weather and other things but not games.

How can you play games when your fingers are on the screen blocking what your doing? A game console should have a clear screen so you can see what your doing so it needs separate controls not on top of the screen your trying to see.
    And the accelerometer games, I don't always sit in a chair when I wanna play games, I sometimes lie down on a bed, or lie on the couch which you cant play those games then.

At least the DS/DSi has a separate touch screen so you can still see what your doing on the top screen and use touch features on the bottom screen. It might be a stupid idea but it works.

Dual screens is a good thing, I've had 2 screens on my PC for about 12 years now.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I've posted this option on another thread, but I'll post it again. Not that I play it very often... But, I have the snes emulator on my phone. Also downloaded the wiimote control which uses Bstack. Some friends and I will play old school games like excite bike, Mike Tysons P.O., Mario Bro's, you name it. And that's using the AV cable plugged into the 52" screen. Kickin' back, drinking some beers, and playing games using the wiimote. You can't tell me it's not an occasional blast from the past. Just my opinion though. ++=

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12