+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w for 3.1.3 3G/3GS with 05.11.07

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Uhhh...your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this particular thread.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Uhhh...your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this particular thread.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Dig back a few pages bro.... I just checked my email. Been out of town. My bad.

eddy99 Posts: 3
    when is cydia coming up with 3.1.3 , baseband 05.12.07 jailbreak for i phone 3GS????????

I did it for ya bud!
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 04-20-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

cant wait for new unlock&jailbreak release.. so i can use my iPhone again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I've done a ton of reading before I posted this, but if I missed something somewhere, just point me in the right direction.

First, some info about my iphone:
    iphone 3gs
    version - 3.1
    firmware - 05.11.07
    JB/unlock - blackra1n/blacksn0w
    carrier - t-mobile
    I have SHSHs on file for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 thru Saurik

Here's my problem. I've been having the wifi issue off and on, although it mostly went away when I did the push fix for youtube, etc, a couple months ago.

Today, I installed the t-mobile post-paid legacy package to fix the issue of not being able to receive picture MMS (and now I can finally receive them!). However, my wifi now seems to be out for good - I've been rebooting/soft resetting all afternoon, on the off-chance it would come back ... but nada so far.

So, in digging up some sort of a solution, I found the info about the recent blacksn0w RC2 final release which supposedly fixes wifi. However, before I start messing with my phone again, I thought I'd ask for help/advice ... here are my questions:

- Can I install/use the Blacksn0w RC2 final release while on 3.1? Or do I have to go to 3.1.2?

- If I do need to upgrade to 3.1.2, what is the best way for me to go about it (since I am on Windows)?

I'm really hesitant to just start doing stuff to my phone without being as informed as I can be, especially since I bought it full-price from best buy so I could walk out without a contract ... and I can't really afford to replace it right now if I brick it. Any help/advice/leads are much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks

Just try 3.1.2, can't hurt. Make a custom firmware so you don't upgrade your firmware. Since you have your SHSH files saved with Cydia you can downgrade if you need. From what I've seen and heard wifi is better with this version of blacksn0w.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ggab For This Useful Post:

daogirl (04-18-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok - thanks. I'm not familiar with this process at all, but I dug around and think I've figured out the steps. Because I'm mildly retarded about these things sometimes, I'll write what I found here. If anything looks really wrong, please let me know!!

-Download an activated 3.1.2 custom ipsw file generated by Pwnage 3.1.4 (b/c I'm on a PC & t-mobile)

-then, connect iphone to itunes and back up everything.

-put iphone in restore mode (since my phone is already jailbroken)

-click 'ok' at whatever prompt comes up

-hold 'shift' and click the 'restore' button

-in the dialog box that pops up, browse to the downloaded custom ipsw file

-let itunes do its thing

-then open cydia and install blacksn0w rc2

-restore apps/photos/etc from itunes backup

So, cydia doesn't disappear with this method because the phone remains jailbroken? Also, some instructions say to put the ipsw specifically in the itunes software updates folder ... but I'm not sure if this is essential.

Again, thanks for bearing with me.

Thanks

I think you'll have to do 3.1.3 to use this version of blacksn0w. If you do 3.1.2 you'll have to use the SHSH that Cydia stored since Apple isn't signing 3.1.2 for the 3GS anymore.

Doesn't matter where you load the custom firmware from. It will stay jailbroken after you restore from backup in iTunes. Rock app will restore your non Apple apps for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ggab For This Useful Post:

daogirl (04-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I have a 3GS model MB716LL running os 3.0 on baseband 5.11.07, It is tethered jailbroken and unlocked at the moment with blackra1n, shsh on file for 3.1.3, can anyone confirm if I can jailbreak and unlock, thanks

That's jailbreak and unlock 3.1.3 even if it's tethered

Thanks

PLEASE!!!! For the love of all of us wondering...... WHY do you want to upgrade to 3.1.3??? What benefit are you looking to achieve?
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 04-18-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avps View Post
    Hi I have a 3GS model MB716LL running os 3.0 on baseband 5.11.07, It is tethered jailbroken and unlocked at the moment with blackra1n, shsh on file for 3.1.3, can anyone confirm if I can jailbreak and unlock, thanks

That's jailbreak and unlock 3.1.3 even if it's tethered

How on earth have you got 3.0 and a tethered JB? :Confused:
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But if I *do* want 3.1.2, all I have to do is edit the hosts file so it points to saurik's server before I start this whole process, correct?

Again, thanks for the quick replies.

Thanks

yes
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry I have 3.1 not 3.0

No benefit, just like to have it, maybe I get a better battery life, maybe just like to fulfill my own wishes!
    Last edited by avps; 04-19-2010 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote - SinfullSS: There are lots of benefits to 3.1.3 including but not limited to... AGGRAVATION, PULLING YOUR HAIR OUT, INCREASED SCREAMING, SLEEP DEPRIVATION etc etc

No really... worst case scenario, you cant download an app, cuz it requires you to be on 3.1.3? Then download the 3.1.3 tricker from Cydia. Save yourself some Heartache.

If you can find ANY good reason to upgrade from 3.x - 3.1.3, please, PLEASE, post the benefits here so that we can all see what drives you to want this upgrade. I understand that you want what's new... but, the question is.... is it worth having???
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567